Naada Neeraajanam- TTD TV channel - Daily 6.15 pm

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
kunthalavarali

Re: Naada Neeraajanam- TTD TV channel - Daily 6.15 pm

Post by kunthalavarali »

Arasi
I see your point that this CM friendly channel should bring more senior vidvAns and vidUshis. However, I watch this channel more to listen to the upcoming artistes who otherwise get little exposure.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Of course!A judicious mix of both is what I like too--and we cannot forget the popular ones as well. They help in people wanting to switch on to the channel on a regular basis.

kunthalavarali

Post by kunthalavarali »

Sikkil Gurucharan sang for little over an hour and quarter today (11July2011).He was accompanied by K V Krishna on the violin, K V Prasad on the mrudangam and Trichy Krishna on the ghatam. The list:
1. ninnE bhajana - nAta - T - Adi
2. gOvardhana - hindOlam - MD - Rupakam
3. sari evvarE - sahAna - adi - Tirupathi nArAyanaswAmy
4. vADE venkatadri - vasantA - Annamacharya
5. ninnE nammiti - simmhendramadhyamam - MV - m chApu
6. bhajarE raghuveeram - haricharan - Sadasiva brahmendra - adi
The swaras for nata krithi and the simmhendramadhyamam raga alapana were captivating, while the SB's krithi was sung with great feeling, I thought. This song was in the raga haricharan (announced by SG himself).The brief tani was brisk and lively.
Overall it was an excellent concert.

kssr

Post by kssr »

It was excellent, indeed.

Was just wondering about Sri.KV Prasad. He doesn't look very old. But he has been playing with MS and Vikku Vinayakaram and so on- for 30-40 years?! Enrum Padinaaru- always sweet 16. Still playing very understanding and good mridangam.

Also Sri.KV Krishna was very good on violin. Do not get to have concerts of these artists in Bangalore. Wonder what his background is.

The team performance was so satisfactory after a long time. Skipped my evening walk!

sivakami

Post by sivakami »

Also Sri.KV Krishna was very good on violin. Do not get to have concerts of these artists in Bangalore. Wonder what his background is.
Sri. Komanduri Venkata Krishna (aka KVkrishna) is the son and disciple of Sri. Komanduri Seshadri garu, the veteran violinist from AP. He told me he teaches music (lecturer) in Tirupathi. I have seen him playing for vidwans of all age groups, right from Parasala Ponnamal mami, Nedunuri garu and other stalwarts as well as the young upcoming artistes.. His renderings are very sweet and will be almost exact returns of whomsoever he is accompanying....
Nagai SriRam is another young violinist who was similar to this KVK...

kssr

Post by kssr »

Today it was Pattabhirama Pandit, a disciple of KVN. Quite good. Main Kharaharapriya. Accompanied by MA Sundaresan (It is being repeatedly written as Sundareswaran. What is his correct name?), HS Sudhindra and Phanindra Bhaskar. Good team.

kssr

Post by kssr »

There has been quite a few good concerts in recent days. Noteworthy artists

1. Prasanna Venkatraman- Very good- a little nasal voice.
2. Pudukkottai Krishnamurthy- Veena- Very good
3. Vasudha Ravi- Young (new to me) artist. Very Good.
4. Brindha Manickavachakan- Also very good- Choosing too high a pitch could not maintain sruti or breath on some occasions. Violinist was excellent- name?

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Prasanna sang beautifully.His voice reminds me of KVN.HNB & Patri combination was V.Good and the PS's kriti in mOhanam,I heard for the first time.

Vasudha & Brindha I listened partly.Satisfactory performances.The violinist for both concerts is Smt.Srilakshmi VEnkataramani,a disciple of AK.

shreedarshan

Post by shreedarshan »

Good concert today [30th july] by Saralaya sisters.

1. Namo Namo Raghukula Naayaka - Nattai - Annamacharya [S]
2. Sri Ramam Ravikulabdhisomam- Narayanagowla - Dikshitir
3. Sri Ramachandro - Sriranjani - Dikshitir
4. Ramachandra Dhanyam - Dhanyasi - Dikshitir
5. Rama Rama Kalikalusha - Ramakali - Dikshitir
6. Ramachandram Bhavayami - Vasantha - Dikshitir [A,S]
7. Maamava Raghuvira - Maahuri - Dikshitir
8. Raamachandraaya Namaste - Todi - Dikshitir [A,N,S]
9. Raame Bharatapaalita - Jyoti - Dikshitir
10. Kshitijaramanam - Devagandhari - Dikshitir
11. Virahanumate Namo Namo - Kaanada - Dikshitir
12. Maamava Pattabhi Raama - Manirang - Dikshitir

Today's Naadaneerajanam concert - Saralaya Sisters of Bangalore presented Sri Rama Kritis of Dikshitir.

shreedarshan

Post by shreedarshan »

Smt Gayatri Venkataraghavan concert [1st Aug 2011] today at Tirupathi - Naadaneeranjanam.
1. Jaya Jaya Ramanatha - Narayana Theertha
2. Nenendu Vedakudura -Behaag - Tyagaraja
3. Parama purusha - Shanmukhapriya - Annamacharya [A,S]
4. Nee Irangayanil - Athana - Papanasan Sivan
5. Satatam - Kharaharapriya - Swathi Thirunal [A,N,S,T]
6. Bhavayami Gopalabalam - Yamankalyani - Annamacharya
7. Pada Gunguru - Meera Bai

kunthalavarali

Post by kunthalavarali »

Thanks to all of you for posting the list of songs of various artists in the last few days. At the end of each concert they announce the artist for the next day's concert (on most days). We will appreciate if the avid listeners of this nice channel also post this information. I will surely do it whenever I watch.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

shreedarshan wrote: 2. Nenendu Vedakudura -Behaag - Tyagaraja
That is in karnataka behaag

rajsanthanam

Post by rajsanthanam »

I wish I could get this channel in Nj or Toronto.

kunthalavarali

Post by kunthalavarali »

It is available on the web http://www.yupptv.com/svbc_channel_live.html. From 0845 hrs EST

rajsanthanam

Post by rajsanthanam »

Thank you.

shreedarshan

Post by shreedarshan »

Naadaneeranjanam Schedule
9th Aug 2011 Tue: Harishkumar - Talavadya
10th Aug 2011 Wed : Priya Sisters - Carnatic Vocal :) [ Not to be missed]
11th Aug 2011 Thu :[?] ..Bharatanatya
12th Aug 2011 Fri : Jalajakshi : Bhakthi Sangeetha
13th Aug 2011 Sat : Srividya Kanna : Canatic Vocal
Programs are subject to change...

kssr

Post by kssr »

Today was Smt. Jalajakshi. Never heard (of) her. Senior artist, in her seventies(?). Very impressive presentation. I switched on when she was singing Kalyani. The sangathis immediately caught my attention. Good breath control and quite a high pitch too. Naturally briga laden voice. In contrast to the standard Venkateswara package for TTD, she chose mahalaksmi songs, being Varamahalakshmi day. Heavy songs from Thyagaraja and Dikshitar. After Kalyani it was a lovely reethigowla. The beautiful build up of sangathis was amazing- whether T himself composed it that way or it has evolved to this extent, one cannot say- but what lovely listening experience. Although mami had two young disciples supporting her, it was she who sang all manodharma portions.

Main was Bilahari. By the time she came to swaras, she could not hold on to sruti. Everywhere a notch lower, especially daivatham. She continued with a kaanada and suruti. All very good quality. Also, there was good coordination between the three singers. Overall a very good surprise programme. Can anyone give more information about the artist? Most probably not a chennaiite.Otherwise she would by this time would have become more well known.

Previous good concert was that of Priya sisters. Their real advantage is the excellent 100% coordinated singing. It definitely gives a satisfaction when the full lyrics align with total synchronisation. There were definitely uncertainty in solo swarams by the lady with longer hair (sorry about this Id, mostly Shanmukhapriya). Who was the violinist. Very familiar. But could not place him. Very good support.

Taking the topic of coordination further the real comedy was with a senior artist Sri Saranathan and his younger co-singer (disciple?). Each was singing in his own pitch. All sangathis were separate. Brigaas, beginnings, endings- all each for each!! Quite amusing. The enthusiasm and spirit with which Vid.S sang was however quite contagious. Interesting free lance homely singing- definitely not a stage quality. For some reason it was still enjoyable.

srikrishna

Post by srikrishna »

As far as Smt. Jalajakshi is concerned, I surmise that she is Sri M. S. N. Murthy(violinist from Vizag)'s mother.

isramesh

Post by isramesh »

Smt. Jalajakshi is indeed the mother of Sri M.S.N.Murthy - violinist & husband of Dr.Pantula Rama. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSN_Murthy

shreedarshan

Post by shreedarshan »

Naadaneeranjanam - 2nd Anniversary [15th Aug 2011 - 17th Aug 2011] 6pm to 9pm

15th Aug 2011 --- Kanyakumari violin ensembel.
16th Aug 2011 --- Bharatanatyam -- Roja Kannan and troupe.
17th Aug 2011 --- Udaiyalur Kalyanaraman - Bhajans.

kssr

Post by kssr »

Before Kanyakumari, there was a pretty good Mangala Vadhyam- group Nadaswaram presentation. Good coordinated music which is normally difficult with the instrument. Missed the Kanyakumari portion. I was told that it was excellent. Also that in spite of so many artists, Kanyakumari's playing stood out as most sweet and perfect. That is quite understandable. Really a great vidushi.

arunsri

Post by arunsri »

Smt. Jalajakshi sang the following on 12th Aug 2011 (Varalakshmi Pooja day). The repeat prog was aired today (12 30 AM IST on Saturday - 20/8)

shrI varalakshmi - shrI - rUpakam - dIkshitar (preceded by verses from Lakshmi Ashtotram)
sundari nI divya rUpamu - kalyANi - Adi - thyAgarAja (RS, S at pallavi)
bAlE bAlEndu - rItigauLa - Adi - thyAgarAja (R, N and S at rAmasOdari vai velasinadi)
abhayAmbikAyAh - kEdAragauLa - jhampa - dIkshitar
mAra janani - nATakapriya - Adi - n.c. krishnamAchAyulu
kAmAkshi varalakshmi - biLahari - Adi - dIkshitar (R, S at Pallavi)
Tani
nimisha meDa - kAnaDA - jhampa - annamayyA
Emamma vinavE nA manavi kAmAkshi dEvi - suruTi - Adi - cheeyurU chengalvarAya sAstry

rivetting performance

ranjanimalavi

Post by ranjanimalavi »

Kanyakumari ensemble was very good.
I am not able to recollect all pieces.

The very long piece was RTP in Kapi, with very long Ragamalika swarams, each instrumental group took in turn to play a set of ragas,
and they came back in reverse, and finished with kaapi.
Thanam was started in Veena and Kanyakumari finished it.

I spotted the following artists
Violin - Vittal Rangan, many more
Veena - Mudikondan S. N. Ramesh
Mandolin - two sisters looked like twins
Mridangam - K. V. Prasad, one more person
Keyboard Ravi Shankar - JayaTV Hariyudan Naan - He sang the pallavi lines
I have definitely missed lots of other artists

Raman

arasi

Post by arasi »

Two sisters like twins: Chinmaya sisters?

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

ranjanimalavi wrote: Mandolin - two sisters looked like twins
Raman
Raman,
They are Sreeusha and Sireesha who are called mandolin sisters. They are under the tutelage of AK.

Arasi,
Chinmaya sisters are vocal artists.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Last edited by arasi on 20 Aug 2011, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Sorry Rajesh, I was mistaken.
I have heard the sisters play very well on Nivedita's earlier TV program.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Yesterday's concert of Smt.Vasudha Keshav was worth listening.She came with some good phrases in KalyAnavasantham and Shanmukhapriya that showd her ingenuity.This is the first time I am listening to her.
She resembles KVN.Is she related to him ? AnAyAmpatti Venkata Subramanian's violin playing lacked flow.May be he is not doing enough sAdhakam now a days.Kallidaikurichi Sivakumar on mridhangam was satisfactory.With better support from the accompanists the concert would have touched better heights.

kssr

Post by kssr »

Yesterday It was one Smt. Vasundhara Rajagopalan on Naada Neerajanam. Extremely impressive. Mature and flawless presentation. HN Bhaskar on violin. Do not know the other accompanyments. I heard her Abhogi song, followed by an azhvar paasuram, Chediyaya val vinaigaL in Kambodhi which seamlessly ended in Hamirkalyani followed by a song in HK, Shanmugapriya alapana.

Never heard of this name, unfortunately. Amazing how much hidden talent is there in CM.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

kssr wrote:Yesterday It was one Smt. Vasundhara Rajagopalan on Naada Neerajanam. Never heard of this name, unfortunately. Amazing how much hidden talent is there in CM.
I think she is the mother and guru (as you have mentioned) of Kumari Nisha Rajagopal as you have mentioned in this thread

veeyens3

arnatic Music

Post by veeyens3 »

I had the the good fortune to listen to this talented artist about few years back in San Jose when I felt she concluded the concert too soon. If my memory serves me right, she, an N.R.I Was planning to relocate in India or had already relocated. It would be in bad taste if I were to refer to individual artists but scuffice to say that with the clutch of these fresh artists, arnatic Music is in very safe hands May Sri Rama bless them all

kssr

Post by kssr »

rshankar wrote:I think she is the mother and guru (as you have mentioned) of Kumari Nisha Rajagopal as you have mentioned in this thread
That is quite interesting and a happy coincidence. But the lady on TV looked too young ( I thought early forties) to be the mother of another performing artist. But I am obviously wrong. I verified on the web and they are really mother and daughter. The mother was really impressive. Hope the same with Nisha. I hope to be there for her concert this Sunday.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Yes. It was a very good concert. I once attended a concert of hers in Vani Mahal and posted a review of it also. She is the disciple of TRS and TRS bani is very evidently visible in her music.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

I too heard this concert.Generally it was satisfactory.The abhOgi AlApanai was satisfactory followed by sri lakshi varAham bhajEham.The svara prasthAram was good.The virutham that preceded vEnkatasaila vihArA was satisfactory but the kriti lacked punch.Same thing about the main ShanmukhapriyA where she sang mAdhava mAmava dEvA krishnA.The reason could be I have heard this kriti soulfully sung by Maharajapuram SanthAnam.
The mridangist was B.SivarAman.

kssr

Post by kssr »

Amidst bhajans, taalavadhyams, manipuri, kathakali, different vaahanams and what not, a decent carnatic concert in naada neerajanam itself is a welcome break. Do not feel like approaching with a critical eye !!!

CRama

Post by CRama »

THat song was not Madhava mamava deva. It is generally sung in Neelambari. The song sung by Vasundhara Rajagopal was Madhava Kesava in Shanmugapriya.
This song lacks the weight for a main song. Even when it is sung by Santhanam is like that. Santhanam never sang this as a main song.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Thanks C.Rama for the correction.Even En paLLi kondeerayyA didn't bring the required effect may be because she alloyed KApi with mOhanam.

CRama

Post by CRama »

I did not listen to En palli kondeerayya. But as per NCV record, it is ragamalika and it contains Kapi. If VR has sung it like that, nothing wrong.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Is it so ? Then I stand corrected :) :)

erode14

Post by erode14 »

Dear Members,

I am happy to share that I shall be accompanying Ishvarya Vidhya Ragunath on the mrudangam with M.R.Gopinath on the violin on 29-10-11, Saturday for nAdha neerAjanam.

wishes and regards,

Erode Nagaraj.

arasi

Post by arasi »

A good chance to hear our kavidai/pun king and fine mrudangam player, folks!

kssr

Post by kssr »

In a rare occurance, we had two very good concerts on consecutive days- Amrutha Venkatesh- yesterday and Shertallai Renganatha Sharma today, the latter quite senior to he former.

Both concerts were excellent. Amrutha's Kalyani and Sharma's Bhairavi were both memorable. Both incidentally are blessed with a very good natural voice. Both enjoy themselves when they present concerts. Both do not strain their voices (or the audience :) )while singing. There is a natural ease. Presentations are very enjoyable.

Accompanyments Vinu and J.Vaidyanathan (with his aruvaaL giruda- sickle side locks :) ) gave very good support, to Amrutha esp JV. Sri.Chandramouli was an impressive violinist for Sharma. Did not note details of Mridangam and ghatam.

kunthalavarali

Post by kunthalavarali »

"Did not note details of Mridangam and ghatam"

Palladam Ravi - Mrudangam and A S Murali - Ghatam

I was not quite impressed by Smt Amrutha's concert. It was a bit light. And she is known for her weighty classicism.

Sri Sharma winner of last year's Music academy sub senior award sang beautifully. His Dwijavanthi (cEtasrI) and varali (shEshAcala) were sung with great feeling. It was predominantly a Dikshitar krithis concert. Aptly so.

ragmk

Post by ragmk »

Aishwarya Vidhya Raghunath would be performing on the 29th of October. I have witnessed some brilliant concerts by this young girl. This should be a concert worth listening to!

kssr

Post by kssr »

I listened to Aishwarya Vidaya Raghunath. - M.R.Gopinath - Erode Nagaraj.

1. Chatte Buddhimanura- Atana
2. Paripoorna kama- Poorvi kalyani
3. Sree Venkata Girisam- Surutti
4. Thanayuni Brova- Bhairavi. N , S@ Vakramu (or Varthamu?)
5. Thelisenu Raa- Saveri
6. Virutham- Mangalam

I can confidently say that she is one of the very good upcoming talents. I have heard her a few years back in a junior concert. Now she has developed into a full fledged musician. It was a aahaa Bhairavi at every stage. She had shortened the other numbers to accommodate a very elaborate Bhairavi raga alapana and it worked perfectly. It was simply brilliant. In spite of being such a popular raga, singing this raga so well is not easy. Hats off to AVR.

Small sruti slips in poorvi kalyani - but well compensated in the main items. Really wish her the very best of luck. She is very young and so I wish she carefully nurtures what she has learnt and try to perfect and improve upon it under the guidance of senior artists/ gurus and also by a lot of listening to senior artists. There is no doubt she has a good musical future.

padmaja

Post by padmaja »

kunthalavarali wrote: I was not quite impressed by Smt Amrutha's concert. It was a bit light. And she is known for her weighty classicism.
I'm very new to the forum. However, I would agree with Kunthalavarali. Amrutha's concert turned out to be pretty light. I noticed this in one of her previous concerts too. I was not much impressed by her renditions as well.

vsarmaiitm

Post by vsarmaiitm »

today evening (5th Nov), there is a vocal concert of Mrs. Bhamidipati Lalitha, a very talented artiste from Andhra. She is the disciple of Sri. M.S. Balasubramanya Sarma

narayanan88

Post by narayanan88 »

I am performing tomorrow at 6.15 pm... Request all rasikas to give me a frank opinion on my concert...
Violin: Sri Pakala Ramdas
Mridangam: Sri Kalyanaraman
Ghatam: Sri Chandrasekara Sharma
Regards

Narayanan

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Narayanan,
It was a good concert over all.The Hindolam & Kalyani were good.Probably if could sustain the momentum (like in the beginning)till the end your performance will reach better heights.mErusamAna was a welcome addition.
I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

kunthalavarali

Post by kunthalavarali »

S Maalavika sang in today's concert. This is the first time I got to hear her. Very impressive concert indeed. Beautiful voice, clear diction and lots of manodharma that could be noticed even while singing krithis. For some reasons the relay started abruptly with mOhnam. This was followed by bhAvayAmi gOpabAlam (yamunA kalyANi), Narayana (suddha dhanyAsi) and thillana (brindAvana sArangA). She was accompanied by senior artistes M R Gopinath (Violin), Thiruvananthapuram Vaidyanathan (Mrudangam) and A S Shankar (Ghatam). I look forward to listening to a full length concert, hopefully this season.