Sangeetha Utsavam - 2010

Concerts and other events related to CM.
Sam Swaminathan

Sangeetha Utsavam - 2010

Post by Sam Swaminathan »

NZ Carnatic Music Society celeberated its 3rd Sangeetha Utsavam for the year 2010 in a grand style and scale over the long weekend 5th June to 7th June. The programmes started with Yuva Bharathi Concerts consisting of senior students for a whole day on the 5th June. On 6th June we had a grand violin duet performed by

Smt. Kanyakumari and Shri Embar Kannan accompanied by Shri Mannargudi Easwaran on Mridangam.

On 7th June, we had a vibrant finale to the function with the concert of

Shri T M Krishan, accompanied on the violin by Shri R K Sriramkumar and Shri Mannargudi Easwaran on Mridangam.

Earlier in the day, Shri Krishna and Sriramkumar gave a great insight into the compositions of Sri Muthuswami Dikshithar. To the musically starved rasikas of NZ, this was a "vara prasadam". The depth of knowledge exhibited by both Krishna and Sriramkumar was astounding and every one wished that we could have had couple of more hours of sheer bliss.

Both the concerts were of outstanding quality, though, in terms of content, they took different roots. I will provide a detailed review a little later.

Please go to our site " www.nzcms.org" to see the details of our programmes and photos of the utsavam.

The EC of the Society would be deeply honoured if you, respected rasikas, visit our site and offer your comments on this utsavam as well as what we are trying to achieve here. Your support will go a long way in encouraging us to do further.

We are indeed grateful to God, the Trinities and elders for blessing us this far.

Regards

Sam

VK RAMAN

Re: Sangeetha Utsavam - 2010

Post by VK RAMAN »

Sam:

NZCM group is ahead of everyone else, it seems. So many children participating in their area of skills, both boys and girls, is commendable.

Affiliation with University of Madras for awarding Visharad diploma for achieving certain skills and passing exam is definitely ahead of several organizations. Pictures speak thousand words about your organization and the vigor with which you follow this art.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Sam,
Looks as though the Sangeetha Utsavam went off very well in your corner of the earth. Such great pictures too. Thanks for sharing them with us. It does give a good idea about a music loving community out there.
The kids are beautiful. I bet they gave their best.
Is that you in the gray kurtA? I ask since there is quite a bit of resemblance of your Anna there! He was here in the US until very recently, was he not? Is your wife in any of the pictures?

Sam Swaminathan

Post by Sam Swaminathan »

Thank you Arasiji

I am in photos 5,8,20 and 24, just to pick a few. My wife was there in the kitchen preparing breakfast table along with other committee members wives. Anna had a great time here. Yes, he was there for Cleveland festival followed by a tour with Karnatica Bros.

Will send my family photo soon. Regards

Sathej

Post by Sathej »

Very nice to know about the performances this year. Great to get such leading astistes travel down there. Waiting for song lists and a report. Nice pictures, brings back some memories :-)

Sathej

yogambala

Post by yogambala »

It is really excellent Photos you have shred. Share some of the recordings as well.
Thanks & Regards