Kritis & their meanings & the stories they tell

Carnatic composers (other than performing vidwans)
svishyn

Kritis & their meanings & the stories they tell

Post by svishyn »

I am interested in carnatic music and a few friends of mine have were discussing about the lack of a source where one can get kritis, their meanings and the stories embedded in them. So, I have started a blog with that in mind :

http://krithis-theirmeanings-thestories.blogspot.com/

I am not sure talking about one's own blog is allowed in this forum but I have done it because it contributes directly to what Rasikas.Org is trying to propagate. If it is wrong, kindly remove this post.

If it is ok, pls do see the blog and contribute your points of view so that the same can be made better....

thenpaanan

Re: Kritis & their meanings & the stories they tell

Post by thenpaanan »

svishyn wrote:I am interested in carnatic music and a few friends of mine have were discussing about the lack of a source where one can get kritis, their meanings and the stories embedded in them. So, I have started a blog with that in mind :

http://krithis-theirmeanings-thestories.blogspot.com/

I am not sure talking about one's own blog is allowed in this forum but I have done it because it contributes directly to what Rasikas.Org is trying to propagate. If it is wrong, kindly remove this post.

If it is ok, pls do see the blog and contribute your points of view so that the same can be made better....
Great effort! I really enjoyed reading it (I have only read the first page so far).

One request: these poems are not just poems but also songs to be sung. When you are reading poetry, long lines do not matter but they do matter in singing. It would help me if you could indicate/suggest the appropriate textual phrasing in the songs (i.e. which words go together in phrases) so that musicians can think about how to match textual phrasing with musical phrasing. MDR used to do that all the time very casually but the rest of us need help. :(

-Then Paanan

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

Good work svishyn. Nice idea! That kind of discussion has taken place here but yours is more thorough and better organized.
Best wishes.

cienu

Post by cienu »

Great work svishyn

krishnaa

Post by krishnaa »

Really appreciable Svishyn!
Its a great piece of work.