Compositions of Indira Natesan &NS Ramachandran

Carnatic composers (other than performing vidwans)
satyabalu

Compositions of Indira Natesan &NS Ramachandran

Post by satyabalu »

* How about having a thread on these two composers-their tutelage ,list of compositions?
*recently I listened to 'Abhaya varada sarade"-Hindolam-On Sringeri&Srimad Abhinav vidyateertha-kalyani -respectively -rendered emotively by Dr.VS.in her presentation on the kshetra.

vasanthakokilam

Re: Compositions of Indira Natesan &NS Ramachandran

Post by vasanthakokilam »

I am quite intrigued by the compositions of Sri. N.S. Ramachandran. His compositions have a mark of originality in them.

His thillana in Dayavati sung by MLV is quite a haunting piece and one of my all time favorite thillanas. There is something about this raga that syncs with me in an inexplicable manner. And I am quite thankful and grateful to N.S. Ramachandran for this amazing tune and MLV for singing the heck out of it. ( http://www.esnips.com/doc/c247efc3-bc0e ... ingRagaHBR ).

MSS has sung his composition Sri Chandrasekara in Sankarabharanam . His Abhogi composition Sri Mahaganapathe had seen some traction.

Here is a write up about him: http://www.carnatica.net/composer/nsramachandran.htm

(At some point we will have to split the thread into individual threads for these two composers )

tkb

Post by tkb »

dear sri vk, thank you very much for the wonderful thillana link.

tyagarajadasa

Post by tyagarajadasa »

Dear VK Sir,

Is a recording of Sri Chandrashekara available?? I know the kriti but want to hear it from someone else. I remember listening to Maharajapuram Santhanam during Worldspace days, but would like to hear MSS.
Thanx!
--Gokul--

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

Gokul: I remember hearing the MSS version in a commercial album quite a few years back, so do not recall which one. I searched and it seems to be in another album called "Unheard - MS. Subbulakshmi (Vol 1) ". I do not know how official it is.

cienu

Post by cienu »

vasanthakokilam wrote:Gokul: I remember hearing the MSS version in a commercial album quite a few years back, so do not recall which one. I searched and it seems to be in another album called "Unheard - MS. Subbulakshmi (Vol 1) ". I do not know how official it is.
Yes. This recording is commercially available (HMV.) in any Saregama showroom.