Monitors for CM

Ideas and innovations in Indian classical music
vasanthakokilam

Monitors for CM

Post by vasanthakokilam »

We had talked about the use of monitors for CM artists a few times before and once or twice specifically about in ear monitors.

I came across this kickstarter project. Just posting it here in case there is a use case for this device as a monitor for artists.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hyb ... t-speakers

It uses surface sound and not speakers and so the ears are left open! Interesting.

On related matters, I also heard that Google glass uses bone conduction. Some Bluetooth headsets also work like that, picking up audio through the jaw.

Nick H

Re: Monitors for CM

Post by Nick H »

It's very interesting. I don't think I'd like that lump on the back of my neck, even though the weight is probably negligable, the whole thing being only 35g.

I wonder how "hifi" it is. They are using some sort of DSP to enhance bass. Don't know how that will work in practice, but I can imagine a lot of people objecting to it amongst those that value true sound rather than the kind of bassy stuff in their video.

Certainly one to watch. I hope they are successful, and get their product on the market, and manage to stay there.

As to closing the ears, although I used earbuds for commuting, and use them for trains and planes, I never liked closed-back headphones, and it wasn't until I tried a pair of open-back 'phones that I realised that I can use these in the house, not feal claustrophobic, and get my night-time music.