MS CENTENARY CELEBRATIONS JAN 15 5:30-9P.M. SASTRY HALL, MYLAPORE

Carnatic Musicians
cacm

MS CENTENARY CELEBRATIONS JAN 15 5:30-9P.M. SASTRY HALL, MYLAPORE

Post by cacm »

We are repeating the announcement in EVENTS SECTION here as it has to do with the yearlong MS CENTENARY CELEBRATIONS (details of which have to do with MS) and the three organizations will be updating FURTHER ACTIVITIES AS THEY OCCUR AND DISCUSSIONS hopefully can take place here..

We are happy to announce one of the events celebrating the MS CENTENARY CELEBRATIONS THAT WILL TAKE PLACE ON JAN 15TH. As the original remembrance function on Dec 11th ( the day MS passed away) had to be postponed we are forced to combine essentially two meetings into one. We are hoping to have a retrospective recollections type brief 5 minute speeches on the topics mentioned in the announcement below followed by the two presentations.

FOND REMINISCENCES & RECOLLECTIONS OF : T.Sadasivam & Bharat Ratna M.S.Subbulakshmi IN TWENTIETH CENTURY & Suggestions for the TWENTY FIRST CENTURY-- FOLLOWED BY--
“THE SPECIAL MUSICAL COLLABORATION BETWEEN M.S. & KADAYANALLUR VENKATARAMAN”
SASTRY HALL, LUZ JANUARY 15’ 2015

PROGRAM
5:30 P.M.- INVOCATION--- Kumari S.AISHWARYA & Kumari S.SAUNDARYA.
TO 6:15------SPEECHES BY: Dr.S.S.Badrinath, Shrinivasan Viswanathan, Cleveland Sri V.V.Sundaram, Dr. Radha Viswanathan, & Dr.V.K.Viswanathan

6:15-8…..Concert by: Kumari S.Aishwarya (Vocal)
Dr.M.Narmadha (Violin)
Kallidaikurichi Sri S. Sivakumar (Mridangam)

8-9:15…..Solo Violin Concert by: Dr.M.Narmadha
accompanied by Kallidaikurichi Sri S.Sivakumar(Mridangam)and Sri.N.Sundar(Tabla)

Both Concerts will predominantly emphasise on the MS-Kadayanallur collaboration.
Sri V Girish, son of Kadayanallur Venkataraman will be honored on this occasion.

The Sponsors for this event are:
Suswaralakshmi Foundation for Carnatic Music and Performing Arts
Sancara Foundation
Cleveland Global Rasikas Group

Ramasubramanian M.K

Re: MS CENTENARY CELEBRATIONS JAN 15 5:30-9P.M. SASTRY HALL, MYLAPORE

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K »

Dear VKV: Nice event!! Unfortunately I am still in the US and not likely to visit India for atleast 6 months. Nirmala and myself need info on dates availability for NY for Aishwarya's concert. Please write to me on my e-mail(I know you will be busy with the various functions) so that we can also arrange for accompaniments. You had mentioned rough guidelines before. Would like to know the latest==the Cleveland schedule(I checked the web site about a week back--the dates or 2016 had not been announced).Progress on the book is not as fast as I had envisaged-I wanted to avoid material that has already appeared in Rasikas forum as well as the Shanmukhananda souvenirs(to which my brother,Nirmala and myself had contributed ). However I will suitably modify those in my narrative for the book.

Please e-mail me so that we could discuss these matters further.

Ramasubramanian M.K

Dear VKV: Nice event!! Unfortunately I am still in the US and not likely to visit India for atleast 6 months. Nirmala and myself need info on dates availability for NY for Aishwarya's concert. Please write to me on my e-mail(I know you will be busy with the various functions) so that we can also arrange for accompaniments. You had mentioned rough guidelines before. Would like to know the latest==the Cleveland schedule(I checked the web site about a week back--the dates or 2016 had not been announced).Progress on the book is not as fast as I had envisaged-I wanted to avoid material that has already appeared in Rasikas forum as well as the Shanmukhananda souvenirs(to which my brother,Nirmala and myself had contributed ). However I will suitably modify those in my narrative for the book.

Please e-mail me so that we could discuss these matters further.

Ramasubramanian M.K

Admin: Sorrry!! for the repetition--inadvertent digital duplication!!!