LALITHA KALA TARANGINI- LALGUDI JAYARAMAN SPECIAL

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
CRama

LALITHA KALA TARANGINI- LALGUDI JAYARAMAN SPECIAL

Post by CRama »

Sri Rama Lalitha Kala Mandira (SRLKM), a 65-year-old Bangalore based organisation salutes maestro Lalgudi Sri Jayaraman on the occasion of his 90th birth anniversary. This bumper issue OF LALITHA KALA TARANGINI is a tribute to this towering musical genius, and contains several interesting interviews and articles. It contains the legend's own presidential address at the Bangalore Gayana Samaja as well as his own reminiscences on Vid Palani as recounted to Vid Sri KS Kalidas, tributes by vidwans Sri Trichy Sankaran, Guru Karaikudi Mani, Vidushi Srimathi Brahmanandam, GJR Krishnan and Vijayalakshmi, Chitravina Ravikiran, Mysore Manjunath, Abhishek Raghuram, Sankari Krishnan. Truly a Collector's item. The link to the magazine is given below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vhYAa ... A1GYWvhJ5G

I am happy to be a part of this magazine because the article by Karaikudi Mani is written by me based on an interview with the Mridangam Maestro.

kvchellappa

Re: LALITHA KALA TARANGINI- LALGUDI JAYARAMAN SPECIAL

Post by kvchellappa »

A lovely issue and a great tribute to Lalgudi maestro.

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

🙏

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

An excellent tribute to the great Violin Maestro .
With wishes,
Thanjavooran
26 03 2020

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

@sachi_R
@Crama and
@mahavishnu (Ramesh Balasubramaniam)
Great write ups from each of you that I just read. Would be nice that you also put somewhere in any of the future writeups that you also write in rasikas.org and atleast mahavishnu where he can say that he has written in rasikas.org and sangeetham.com stating your forum id handle. That also includes Chitraveena ravikiran We want readers of say this lovely biography in future to know that there is a handle like crama, mahavishnu ,sachi_r and they swim and know what all you guys have written here, Cheers and well done.

IIRC krishna gana sabha released once and lot of articles are taken from them.

Editors of Lalitha kala tarangini ,
i donot know even one of you , i am assuming sachi is a significant part of that team. I am sure all core contributors will see this post . If rasikas team members are taken their id and names can also be mentioned . I would be very happy if you can just add these 3 ids and reupload the pdf , that would immensely satisfy not just me , almost all here.
Well done publishing team of lalitha kala tarangini.

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

An excellent issue.I used to attend many Vocal concerts on seeing LalgudiJayaraman was accompanying.As i listen to his super concerts of 1960-80 put up by Lalgudi fans i get back the old glorious dayds when the hall used to be full for Lalgudi's concert.
There are a total of 22 Concerts uploaded in Youtube by Lalgudi fans which are a collector's delight.
I call upon rasikas to listen to the Youtube Uploads.
Srimathi Bramhanandam's awesome display of playing with lalgudi Jayaraman.

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Dear Rajesh,
Sri. G. V. Krishna Prasad, the soul, heart, body and brain of SRLKM and LKT will be happy to hear your views. He constantly urges me to share their news in Rasikas.org that he holds in high esteem.
The editor is Anand Srinivasamurthy, father of the talented Akshay Anand, mridangam vidwan trained by Sri. K. S. Kalidas.
Anand and KP can achieve anything when they work together. I am only a small contributor.
Sri. KP was the unheralded and hard-working secretary of Gayana Samaja for many years. Many articles in this issue are based on his painstaking research into their archives.
LKT is a free publication

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

The concert series Ad inset in the coverage of SrI Lalgudi contains plethora of vocalists and only one violin duet that of Mysore brothers. And duplication within each generation in vocals, in terms gender / age group! Do all these faces need to perform in a single series?

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

The concert series should have at least included the LALGUDI SIBLINGS as a tribute to him.It is creditable for SRLKM to have brought out the issue.
They were featured only once a couple of years ago.The concert series had Trichy Shankara accompanying Malladi Brothers.
Trichy Shankaran played innumerable concerts with Lalgudi G Jayaraman.
I hope the SRLKM will feature LALGUDI SIBLINGS in the near future in 2020 to complete the tribute.

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Shankarank,
Good question.
What I have noticed is that SRLKM in their own building have 15-20 concerts as a monthly event and also minifestivals organised by some gurus. A lot of youngsters and veterans are featured there.
Then they have two big festivals, in January and February.
In the January series held in a well-erected temporary hall, talented youngsters perform to 200-250 people in the audience. The February series is all stars to 500-800 audience, and perhaps the same stars get the prime slots by popular demand.

SRLKM has NO tickets.

anand_900315

Post by anand_900315 »

Dear Rajeshnat,
Lalitha Kala Tarangini is one of the efforts of Sri Rama Lalitha Kala Mandira to contribute to our rich musical tradition. This is our Silver Jubilee edition and for your information, we print about 400 copies and distribute it to our members and deserving music rasikas. Thank you for your kind words and encouragement regarding the current edition. Unfortunately, we can not make changes at this point. As always, I am happy to publish content as received from the authors.

S Anand
Editor - Lalitha Kala Tarangini
Sri Rama Lalitha Kala Mandira

anand_900315

Post by anand_900315 »

Dear hnbhagavan,
Shri. GV Krishnaprasad has already fixed up a concert by Vid. Lalgudi GJR Krishnan and Vidhushi. Lalgudi Vijayalakshmi with the accompaniment of Dr. Trichy Sankaran during our festival next year on January 10, 2021.

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

Dear Sri Anand,

Thank you for the information and glad to know that Lalgidis are invited to perform in the Jan 2021 festival.
Please accept my congratulations for SRLKM newsletters which bring to our kind attention various epoch makers - past and present in Carnatic Music.
My best regards to Sri GV Krishnaprasad for his contribution to Carnatic Music featuring both seasoned and upcoming artists.