RAMAKRISHNANMURTHY FOR SICA PREMIERED ON 10/11/21

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
CRama

RAMAKRISHNANMURTHY FOR SICA PREMIERED ON 10/11/21

Post by CRama »

Oh What a concert. A full three hours high intensity, astounding manodharmam, well packaged concert from the team. List of songs

• Vande Vasudevam- Sree (Annamacharya)
• Sivalokanathanai- Mayamalavagowla (GKB) (N,S)
• Pahi tarakshupuralaya- Anandabhairavi- ST (R)
• Ninnu jeppa- Mandari- (R,S)
• Manasu swadheenamai- Sankarabharanam (R,N,S)
• Thani avartanam
• Ora joopu (R,S)
• Paradevatham- Dhanyasi (R,N,S)
• Parvathi ninnu- Kalgada
• RTP- Kedaragowla
• Kannane en kanavan
• Virutham
• Theeratha vilayattu pillai
• Syamale Meenakshi- Nottuswaram
• Mangalam

In one concert he has rendered six ragams- out of which only one was brief. Others were gushing with manodharmam but never excess in any element. The alapanas were profound with good returns from Vittal Rangan. When I heard the tani avartanam, I was getting prepared for two tukkadas. But what a feast after the tani avartanam. In the RTP neraval and swarams he included Kedaram and Gowla. I don’t remember the other songs. Please dont miss this concert. Link given below.
Vittal Rangan’s was good match for RKM with top class manodharmam with excellent swara and raga essays. Delhi Sairam Mridangam embellished with right nadam, manodharmam and appriopriate tani avartanam with BSP as partner

https://youtu.be/1XZmFd4Rdck.

K Nagarajan

Re: RAMAKRISHNANMURTHY FOR SICA PREMIERED ON 10/11/21

Post by K Nagarajan »

Thank you for posting the review.
Mandari ragam was very nicely rendered. As you have rightly observed, the violin vidwan mirrored the manodharmam of the vocal music accurately.
I mistook the ragam for amrithavarshini initially and later for deepakam; may be they are allied ragas.