Vid. Amritha Murali - Naada Inbam - Nov 20, 2021

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
shankarank

Vid. Amritha Murali - Naada Inbam - Nov 20, 2021

Post by shankarank »

Bang into the season the women are upping their game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPOO-PORcIY

A gravitas filled pURvikalyANi pulling cues from the glides and slides of paripURNA kAmA and satRE vilagi . Rendition that followed was dEva dEva jagadISvara of Sri svAti tiruNAL.

mAyammA had many caraNams rendered!

a Vervy nijamarmamulanu - umABharaNam

And a karaharapriyA - this time unlike my Dallas experience, she put energy and thought into it. kArvais, soft touches and virtuous phrases. Drawing from Sri SKR's staple. Sriramkumar was his exquisite self in his reply.

nadaci - a robust rendition : percussionists sapped all the syllables out of this song.

A very good concert by Vid. Amritha Murali.

Sachi_R

Re: Vid. Amritha Murali - Naada Inbam - Nov 20, 2021

Post by Sachi_R »

Yes!
RKSK shows surprise when she begins Deva Deva Jagadishwara.

By the way, @shankarank, whom are you referring to, saying SKR, please?

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

I want to share here the visual or the experience recall I get whenever I listen to Amritha Murali these days.

In our IIT days we were taught how to hold and use the draughtsman's ink pen. Constant, even, pressure on the paper, even ink flow, elegantly uniform line thickness, quick and deft negotiation of turns, no smudges or paper creases for heaven's sake!

Similar feeling as moving a contact over a potentiometer wire.

Similar feeling as in calligraphy.

The vidushi ticks all the boxes, I mean!

This is surely the aspiration of any musician.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Sachi_R wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 17:01 By the way, @shankarank, whom are you referring to, saying SKR, please?
Do we miss a sticky on acronyms? :D SKR - tanjAvUR SrI S. KalyANarAman. - sometimes people might have used TSK, SK and so on. I might have missed a standard one there.

dEva dEva brings a sweet memory for me. I have listened to classes that the institute campus resident teacher Smt. Seetha Subramaniam used to take for Professor's wards , while I wait my turn and this one rings as one of them.

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

👍

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Sachi_R wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 18:17 The vidushi ticks all the boxes, I mean!
Like the stereotypical studious Girl! Man! they used to hog the top order class ranks until grade 7 - when the change in body chemistry or demand of more abstraction gives the advantage to the boys! :lol: :lol:

Peace , Peace - in lighter vein folks!! :mrgreen:

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

Amrita Murali is an excellent gift to the modern Carnatic scene.Unhurried approach,Sensitive to details and extremely observing musician.Being a Violinist herself she is just top notch and hits the right accord all the time.
Deva Deva Jagadeeshwara was beautifully rendered.