Aishwarya Vidhya Raghunath in "A Day with Dikshitar", Raga Sudha Hall, Nov 6 2022

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
Rajani

Aishwarya Vidhya Raghunath in "A Day with Dikshitar", Raga Sudha Hall, Nov 6 2022

Post by Rajani »

The concert was the finale of "A Day with Dikshitar" organized by Guruguhaamrta, where there were several concerts of Dikshitar Kritis by various musicians. Aishwarya presented some rare jewels, bringing out the grandeur of Dikshitar's works.

The songs were
1. Sarasvati  - Chayatarangini
2. Sri Nilotpala Nayike -  Nariritigaula
3. Sri Bhargavi- Mangala kaisiki
4. Srimatah - Begada
5. Kalavati - Kalavati
6. Sri Kamalambike - Sri 

All were on Devis, though I don't know if it was intended as a theme.

Sri Nilotpala Nayike was preceded by a short and beautiful sketch of the Raga and later had Swaras too. This Raganga Raga 20 is rarely heard, except in thematic presentations, and it was a pleasure to hear these (Raga , Swaras)

The Begada kriti began with an Alapana. After the entire kriti, she took up the lines  "mAmava vara pradAyikE kusuma sAyakE akhilANDa nAyikE" for Neraval and later Swaras.

Aishwarya's pronunciation was impeccable, and I felt it reflected a good understanding of the Sahitya Bhava too.  Her smiling presence, the excellent accompaniment by Madan Mohan, Praveen Sparsh and Anirudh Athreya and the rapport on stage , all enhanced the experience. A wonderful concert which admirers of Dikshitar should not miss. (It will be put up on their youtube channel in a few days I understand)

Sachi_R

Re: Aishwarya Vidhya Raghunath in "A Day with Dikshitar", Raga Sudha Hall, Nov 6 2022

Post by Sachi_R »

Look forward to the upload!