SIFA. concert CA. USA

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
thanjavooran

SIFA. concert CA. USA

Post by thanjavooran »

Concert on 01 10 2023. Sunday. 16 00 Hrs

Vignesh Ishwar Carnatic Vocal Concert
Accompanied by
Kamalakiran Vinjamuri on Violin
Sumesh Narayanan on Mridangam
Anirudh Athreya on Khanjira

The concert started exactly at 16 05 Hrs.
After indtoduction following is the list.
Wadali Leela ? Reethi Gowla. R N
Birana brova. Kalyani. S
Tiruvotriyur Thyagaraja. Atana. R N
Sarasa samadhana. Kapi Narayani
Sri viswanatham Bajeham. Chathur dasa ragamalika
Sharade Karunanidhe. Amir kalyani
Dwja vanthi krithi. ? swathi Thirunal?
Mangalam

Vigenesh Ishwar proved as the real disciple of TMK in all respects. Violinist on his RHS. excellent song selection. Dikshadar 14 Ragas as Thanam and swaraprastharam in ascending and descending order with equal share to the Vinjamuri. 100 mts on this song. kanjira was good though he changed while playing for some reason. Mirudhangam followed closely and perfect alignment with Kanjira. Could not identify, his face because of hair style an uncommon feature for Vidwans. All wearing kadukkan [ ear ornament ] gave a very nice performance. IMO the sound was very high/ noisy. The hall was half full. All enjoyed the concert with appreciation of good nodding of head at appropriate sangathis.
Thanks giving by organiser mentioning the greatness of Dikshidar Krithi was good. In general 3 hrs concert was a nice evening pass time. Best wishes to the organisers for the excellent arrangement.

Thanjavooran,
02 10 2023

kmrasika

Re: SIFA. concert CA. USA

Post by kmrasika »

@thanjavooran: Just checking on these items:
Wadali Leela ? Reethi Gowla
badalikatīra pavvaḷiñcavē?
Dwja vanthi krithi. ? swathi Thirunal?
taruṇī jñān?

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

thanjavooran wrote: 02 Oct 2023, 22:13 Concert on 01 10 2023. Sunday. 16 00 Hrs

Sri viswanatham Bajeham. Chathur dasa ragamalika

Dikshadar 14 Ragas as Thanam and swaraprastharam in ascending and descending order with equal share to the Vinjamuri. 100 mts on this song.
This must have been a great experience to hear . Thank you for your review from Bay Area. A day in sankritilaya and the next day in sifas must have been a terrific combo - thanjavooran sir

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Shri Rajeshnat avl,
Thanks.

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Message from SIFA. On today’s. Program
Dear Rasikas,
We regret to inform you that due to logistics issues (Hall availability), we are unable to conduct St. Thyagaraja's Nauka Charitramu on this weekend Nov 5, Sunday at 1 p.m. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. The long awaited program got cancelled. Normally such events are planned well in advance. Could not understand the logistic reasons on this cancellation.

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

At last Nowka Charitramu took place on
Feb 11 th. I cld not attend since nobody to accompany me. Learnt from one of my Sr rasikas that the event was well planned and executed. Demonstration was not upto the standard but Lecture was quite nice covering various aspects. Any detailed review from our forumites who attended? Thanks in advance.

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

St T's Aradhana by SIFA. Bay area 02 02 2024
  Attended the function which started exactly at 10 10 hrs.   More than 50 artistes both children and adults joined in the Goshti ganam.  The whole function was quite enjoyable.  The only known figure  to me was Hemmmige.  Though there were layam and sruti detracts in two places the Goshti Ganam went on well.  This is quite common in group singing.   The end came at 11 40 hrs with Layam demonstration with vocal jathi Konnakkol.  A small girl joined with Mirudhangam at the end may be due to late arrival.   In general Aradhana came to a close after a brief thanks giving by the Secretary.  He congratulated all the out going and incoming committee members individually introducing them.   IMO this is the last St T Aradhana in Bay area.  All are eagerly waiting for the Cleveland Kshetram Aradhanai which  will be well attended by most of the Vidwans who could not make it at Thiruvaiyaru.  I could not sit for the other  concerts as it was raining and the weather was not conducive to me.   Anybody who attended fully may kindly share please.
Thanjavooran
02 02 2024

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Santaraclara Convention.
16 00 hrs on 23 03 2024

Vidwan S/Shri Ramakrishnanmoorthy. vocal
Vittal rengan. Violin
N.C. Bharadwaj. & Double Mirudhangam
Vignesh Venkataraman.

Oh Ranga sayee. Kambothi. R N S
Ramanukku mannan. Hindolam. R N S
Deva Deva. Poorvikalyani. RNS
Sugi evaruraa. Kanada. RNS Thani
Behag. RTP
Ragamaliga Desh, Bagesri, Kapi, Suruti and few more ragas
Anandham konden thillai
Thillana
Mangalam

Concert started at 16 25 hrs after an elaborate introduction as usual. An excellent concert with both Mirudhangam justifying their participation. Vittal rangan played his role well. All the songs were with Ragam, Niraval and Swaram.The 160 mts show was excellent. The hall was full through out. At the time of thanks giving slowly crowd got diluted. An excellent concert enjoyed fully. Came to know that all the Artistes are of U S origin. Any correction is most welcome.
Thanjavooran
24 03 2024

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Thanks Thanjavooran for your review . IS NC Bharadwaj and Vittal Rangan also US Origin, if that is that is news to me. I doubt especialy NCB.

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Venue. Elezbeth Hangs Theater, SCCC
Date. 31 03 2024
Time: 16 00 hrs

vidushi Dr. N.J. Nandini. vocal
Vidwans Shri Ananthakrishnan. Violin
Thanjavoor Murugaboopathi. Mirudhangam
Guruprasad. Ghatam

1. Sarasija nAbha/Kambodhi varnam
2. Meru samaana/Mayamaalava gowla. R N S
3. Maamayoora meedil Eri/Bilahari. R N S
4. Idi samayamu brOva rAdA/Natakapriya. R N S
5. Kanaka shall/Punnaagavaraali. R S
6. Sadaamadin dalatu/Gambheeravani
7. RTP - Hamsaanandhi + Pallavi: Nenje ninai anbe (which immediately reminded me of DKP’s Jaganmohini rendition) + Thani
8. Baro Krishnaiya/Maand
9. Swati Thirunal Padam/Neelambari
10. Thillana/Lalgudi Jayaraman

The 3 hr concert started as usual with an elaborate introduction. Nice selection of songs. Vidushi showed her talents in Mayamalavagowla and in RTP. Accompanying artistes showed their best in all places. IMO they are quite new to this Vidushi as I could notice at few places Violinist's expression in following her delineation. Would have visited US in connection with paying homage to St. T at Cleveland Aradhana. In general a very good evening for elders like us. The hall was not full, may be due to other programs in around Bay area. Could not attend Gayathri Girish yesterday due to obvious reasons. A more detailed review is expected from other Rasikas who attended these concerts. I have seen her participation in Asianet Star Singer program few years back.

Thanjavooran
01 04 2024