Best wishes for all carnatic artists for Dec 2023 season

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

----------------------------------------------
We are just an hour away from Dec 01st , 2023 . The glorious season is starting . Yes indeed the most satisfying music the carnatic music will be performed . Personally i have lost a bit of touch due to situations of commute , old age family members and their health all that taking time away from live carnatic music. Hopefully i will hear and review soon.

I cant believe how much i have spent all my life from 2001/2002 to atleast till 2019 in forums like rasikas and downunder sangeetham writing so much about live concerts. Covid indeed had destroyed the enthusiasm universally and this damn it facebook has created way too many locked gardens and the whatsapp has become the spam ground. Sharing in bulletin board like rasikas.org is lasting and far more collaborative .

I see a lot of talent and lot of respected musicians all indeed enthralling us .

Let us show patronage to each one of them . Go to the sabha donot sit in your home and listen to the stream or recording. I hope lot of NRIs are making to chennai . The problem is indeed there where rasikas are not appreciating carnatic muscians

With the below url i wish all the fanta fabulous musicians. Strange it is, I am attaching url of 3 carnatic vocal trinity which is the term i wrote for MMI-SSI- GNB

Ranga purahara viharA - brindavana sAranga - MD by MMI-LGJ-PSP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_GpYGminCQ

Sapasya kausalyAm - jonpuri - Tiruppazhanam Panchapakesa Iyer by SSI-TNK-PMI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkgOIoaoSm0

Himagiri thanayE - suddha dhanyasi - HMB by GNB- MSG- CS Murugabhoopathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n-ke9zTeF0

Special mention also to Maharajapuram santhanam who is the first musician whom i heard . Here is his viruththam
Kanda guhA shanmugha in ragas brindavani and basant bahar by Santhanam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjZwcusYVl8

and also to MS Subbulakshmi who is the most revered in the history of CM
EndarO mahanubhavulu - sriragam - T by MSS -?? -??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOcRZQBJYbg

Let the margazhi december 2023 season bring joy and carnatic ecstasy to all of you. Best wishes to all performing vidwans and vidushis

rajeshnat

Re: Best wishes for all carnatic artists for Dec 2023 season

Post by rajeshnat »

Today Dec 01st dec,The Hindu has come up with the dec music and dance supplements . I see there is a new entity sastra university which is conducting in the url of https://sastrasatsangh.org/events.php . ALso they are conducting the main evening slot in vadapalani , no more over crowding in mylapore and t nagar area . I only wish it is serious uninterrupted we dont need margazhi q and a tv sessions

So sastra satsangh is a brand new positive sabha hooray

On a bit of not a happy note , i still see the mostly lovely musically oriented sabha Mudhra is still only having it as 100 percent virtual and video . In the paper they are just having one day vanimahal mini to distribute awards . I sincerely pray and wish for them to bounce back as a live sabha in T Nagar RKM School . @Mudhra Bhaskar or @Radha Bhaskar what is happening in your sabha.

RSR

Post by RSR »

Let us hereafter have the music concerts season at chennai from 1st-Feb to 28 th Feb. That is the best time.

ramamatya

Post by ramamatya »

Good idea

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

A very good suggestion. All Sabhas can follow . Of course definitely before Cleveland Kshetram Thyagaraja Aradhanai

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

RSR wrote: 07 Dec 2023, 17:53 Let us hereafter have the music concerts season at chennai from 1st-Feb to 28 th Feb. That is the best time.
It won't happen.

1. Tradition. It literally won't be Margazhi!

2. Climate. Not such a factor for locals, but for NRIs and foreign visitors, it is a factor, and one reason why December is Peak Tourist Season for South India quite apart from music season.

3. Foreign Holidays. The week between 25th December and 1st January has quite a number of public holidays. A week of holiday with minimum impact on the worker's holiday allowance. This also contributes to the full planes at this peak time, both tourists and NRIs visiting family.

Anyway, our Margazhi season has spread to include the full month of December, overflowing into November and January. It may yet reach February! And there is music here every month.

:D

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

great post Nick adding my 2 cents

4.Most importantly many halls are all school college halls so they can be taken up only during this time.

5.Also the next gen kids who are all residents of india also have school and college vacation

The only minus is everyone shares their viral infection not just performers and also rasikas. I especially emphathize with the vocalists, we all cant even speak at times , they have to sing. That is the most divine act of GOD in CM

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Ah yes... thanks. I thinking of holidays, I complete forgot about the schoolchildren from home and abroad. I'm getting old!

And those viruses. Yes, it is December Virus Season too, and we facilitate it by crowding together!

RSR

Post by RSR »

It may be observed that the climate pattern has changed much in the past decades. South west monsoon which normally is expected in 1st june over kerala and west coast, is delayed by atleat 15 days. And ends only on 15 oct ie beginning of tamjzh month aippasi.
November 15 to december 15 is kaarthikai traditionally associated with contunuous but light rains..'adai mazhai'.
From december 15 to jan 15 we have the kuLir eason .
But due to climate change, the heavy rain period extends beyond 15th december and goes upto january first week even , nowadays. This is not freak phenomenon. But we still cling to the perception of past decades.

By the first week of February, there would be neither too cold nor too rainy nor too hot climate in chennai. It is thus the best month with least possibility of disruption due to rains, light or heavy.

Tourists from US may escape from the extreme cold in winter but even there tornados and torrential rains have become the pattern in december. Even in the west coast. of USA.

. Normally, the north east monsoon corresponds to tamizh months of aippasi and kaarthikai.
But it now extends even to the first two weeks of tamizh month of maarkazhi.
That is why it is good to have the concert season in february. Small sabhaas will find least diffuculty due to disruption in program schedule.
Artistes will not have to feel the dismay and mortification of singing to audience in near emply halls, due to inclement weather.
.It will then follow immediately after Thyyagaraaja aaraadhanai in Thiruvaiyaaru.
Organizers and middle aged rasikas and artistes should consider this change in climate pattern, and plan accordingly.
Moreover, somehow, USA seems to be having newer variants of covid. It may be because of the ' frquent fliers. '. Let us depend less on the diaspora and try our best to foster CM awareness and culture within the southern states here.
And let us thank the Almighty, that chennai was spared the rain havoc as it happened in the four southern districts of Tamizh Naadu just a weekback in the month of December.
100cms in a single day!
Could Chennai have handled such deluge?