Abhishek Raghuram@Parthasarathy Sabha on Dec 16th, 2023

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

-----------------------------------------------------------
Vocal : Abhishek Raghuram
Violin : Akkarai Subhalakshmi
Mrudangam : Anantha R Krishnan

Concert Type : Nirvana - no concert to follow , Ticketed concert
Day : Saturday
Duration -2 hours and 30 mins

Sabha/Hall : Parthasarathi Swami Sabha
Time : 06:45 to 09 :15 pm

01. Varnam tharuni - kAmbOdhi - Fiddle ponnusami
02. Vandeham Jagath Vallabha (R,S) - hamsadhwani - AC
2 mins alapana with no violin return and 4 mins swaras

03. Nee mathi callaga (R,CS,S) - Anandabhairavi - Kavi Mathruboothaya
5 mins alapana with no violin return and 6 mins swaras

04A. Devi PavanE ( R,N,S,T) - sAveri - ST
14 mins alapana and 8 Mins violin return
Neraval in sOma bimbA madha for 16 mins
Swaras for 16 mins
04B. Tani for 14 mins

05. Yamihe Kamiha Saranam(R)- kAnadA - Jayadeva (Geetagovinda may be not part of Ashtapadi)
6 mins alapana and no violin return

06A. Santhatham unnai - viruththam - shankarabharanam -???
06B. Ta ta dheem tana dhiranA … santhatham unnai varamarul vai brigadeeshA - shankarabharanam ??? - ???? (may I know whose thillana is this)

07. karpagamE - madhyamavati - psivan
08. Prathihara theerE ..neenama -shurutti - T

rajeshnat

Re: Abhishek Raghuram@Parthasarathy Sabha on Dec 16th, 2023

Post by rajeshnat »

Carnatic concerts can reach excellence where all the artists give their best and can click. This concert of Abhishek @ Partha and my next one on Sunday of Suryaprakash @ academy did push the carnatic vortex far more significantly than the experiences that I had before . It is these concerts where the feeliing of CM is being pushed up is coming without ambiguity.

Just 2 samples with few words of praise for the co artists. Anantha Krishnan the mark Waugh can go on and on with such brilliant taps and with no fluctuation of mrudu angam power , he helped his cousin Steve waugh. Akkarai sacrificed all the return even the submain did not have violin return. SHe has speed and alacrity and that helped.

Abhishek ideas in saveri was exceptional. I would humbly state that it was bit like semmangudi trying to be a MDR and a MDR tryiing to be a semmangudi . The ideas in alapana of saveri were so bright almost every sangathi that he sang was benchmarking what he just sang few minutes back. After such a long intense alapana when akkarai played a great return, abhishek again sings few minutes of alapana , ,making me think he is going to sing RTP. From there he jumps with some line in a little slower speed of saveri like MDR, then jumps to Devi PaavanE . The neraval of abhishek is a testimony of his endurance of repeating all that he sang in alapana , with such ferocity with few words Soma bimba , the whole saveri is there at your feet. The neraval was so intense each of us felt how did he get this much energy ,then the kalpana swaras with some pointers like his paramaguru electric Cheenu , gosh how much ideas one can pour to one krithi

In the preceding anandabhairavi his dulcet voice found so much of dripping and melodic rasa. This krithi I think I heard it first time from voleti ,then I think I chanced to hear GNB, anandabhairavi is challenged differently with the personality of this rare krithi. Kudos to Akkarai passing and making it 0 violin return, the intensity was fantastic.

I was partly disappointed for sure as I thought Partha generally gives extra time and I thought AAA will do a RTP. The rare KAnadA Jayadeva (assuming it is not ashtapadi) was sung with such oomph that I enjoyed , again there also with alapana he went to the line of the Jaydeva no violin return. Brigas were there everywhere with such intensity and speed even the karpagamE and prathihara theerE was not spared . My mind till next morning was only humming the key words sOma bimba in saveri.

Keep it up AAA team. The most understated is Anantha Krishnan , what kalapramAnam and continuity he maintained for the 65 min non stop mrudu angam that ended with his tani for 14 mins

Overall an excellent to outstanding concert for 2 and half hours.

rajeshnat

Re: Abhishek Raghuram@Parthasarathy Sabha on Dec 16th, 2023

Post by rajeshnat »

-----------------------------------------------------------
Vocal : Abhishek Raghuram
Violin : Akkarai Subhalakshmi
Mrudangam : Anantha R Krishnan

Duration - 2 hours and 30 mins

GLICSPAWES 2023 "Goto LIve Concert Show PAtronage Without Excuses Series" concert #8 of 12 is done.

www.rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=380974#p380974