Amrutha Venkatesh@Carnatica Paddhati on Dec 31st, 2023

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

-----------------------------------------------------------
Vocal : Amrutha Venkatesh
Violin : Rajeev Mukundan
Mrudangam : Ravindra Jadeja (Arjun Ganesh)
Ghatam : Thirunakkara Retish

Concert Type : Nirvana - No concert to follow , Free
Day : Sunday
Duration -2 hours and 15 mins

Sabha/Hall : Venkatesha Agraham Street , App Saibaba Temple , Mylapore
Time : 7 PM to 9 PM

Late by 5 plus mins assuming I did not miss anything before Hamsadhwani

01. vAthApi (S)- hamsadhwani - MD
Swaras for 6 plus mins
02. Akhilandeswari - jujAvanti -MD
03. Ananda natamAduvar thillai
Neraval for 8 mins padhi mathi Jyothi paada silamboli gaNeer gaNeer
Swaras for 7 mins

04. Raghu vamsa suds (R S) - katana kuthoohalam - Patnam

05A. bhajarE rE mAnasa (R S T )- Abheri - MV
11 mins alapana and 6 mins violin return
13 mins swaras
05B. Tani for ?? Mins

06A. AgalikalE - hamsAnandi - Divya prabhandam
06B. Sreenivasa tiruvenkata - hamsAnandi - psivan

07 . nAdhru dheem - engum oli veesum - soorya - Amrutha Venkatesh
08. Nee nama - sowrashtram - T

rajeshnat

Re: Amrutha Venkatesh@Carnatica Paddhati on Dec 31st, 2023

Post by rajeshnat »

Amrutha Venkatesh is zoning to an extreme excellence status. Her idea be it krithi words , swara fluency and anchoring with nice neraval has always a heavy dose of originality . I came out very happy with this concert and ended dec. 31st. The team of especially Arjun Ganesh and Rajeev Mukundan rivals pairs like Neyveli Venkatesh- Varadu , Anantha Krishnan- HN Bhaskar and when you have such a great team of main accompaniments that multiplier effect of success is indeed there

I came bit late , I thought damn it . I adore vathapi as it is more a sub main like opener as I entered she was just starting her cute kalpana patterns of hamsadhwani . The contrast with slower akhilandeshwari was really a great drop . Poovikalyani ANandanatamaduvar with this so much of turns is quite special as it does not allow you to sag .The rhythm leash of all the performers were fantastic

Amrutha Venkatesh introduces a lot of cut sangathis and the kathana kuduhalam did come out well . The sabha is not big sometimes the aritist for this kind of sabhas forget their usual gana raga main and they taking Abheri was a great choice to me . The swaras were well done . I was in a lot of suryaprakash muse as the earlier concert muse had RTP in hamsandie With that hamsanandi when she sang this famous viruththam from this MMI-TVS -SP agalikale enjoyed it . Lot of her concerts in the past she generally has ended with BMK thillana or some Kannada drop. But she singing a detailed viruththam on divyaprabhandam was a new experience . What a choice of words when hamsanandi is let loose , that too when Arjun Ganesh is refusing to sag even a second.

Some one in the audience shouted you can sing your own thillana . She said it is time and then she changed her mind , I think Arjun said go ahead and sang a lovely composition of thillana in ragam Soorya. When you have non nirvana concert you have to close on time as next artist has to sing . She singing Soorya thillana was really nice

Violinist played with great Sruthi suddham .He showed his class in Abheri main , but most of the other parts of concert he had limited role in alapana . For returns in kalpana swaras he was llike a shadow. What can one say about Jadeja Look alike alias Arjun Ganesh, he has superb kalapramanam and gives lot of variation . The morsing artist Retish was new to me and he made a great followup with Amrutha when she swapped the two rhythm players .

My concept ended very well with Amurutha Venkatesh . All my concerts in 2023 were only in weekends where I took 2 or 3 on that day. I personally wish Amrutha a great future and I hope she does not get passed when so many younger stars also create a sensation In the next few decades. Amrutha will create her own muse and she stands out well with the crowd of vidushis . THe same thing for Amrutha also applies for Arjun and Rajeev., I can only say Arjun and Rajeev , please just continue with the same form.

Overall an excellent concert for 2 hours.

rajeshnat

Re: Amrutha Venkatesh@Carnatica Paddhati on Dec 31st, 2023

Post by rajeshnat »

========For Whatsapp or FaceBook Forward ===================================
-----------------------------------------------------------
Vocal : Amrutha Venkatesh
Violin : Rajeev Mukundan
Mrudangam : Ravindra Jadeja (Arjun Ganesh)
Ghatam : Thirunakkara Retish

Duration -2 hours and 15 mins

GLICSPAWES 2023 "Goto LIve Concert Show PAtronage Without Excuses Series" concert #14 of 14 is done.

www.rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=381181