Bharath Sundar @ Naada Inbam Dec. Festival Mar 1, 2024 Prem. Mar 26th

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
shankarank

Bharath Sundar @ Naada Inbam Dec. Festival Mar 1, 2024 Prem. Mar 26th

Post by shankarank »

Vid. Bharath Sundar Vocal
Vid. Vittal Rangan Violin
Vid. Trivandrum Balaji Mridangam
Vid. Sunil Kumar Kanjira.

The video of this was premiered on March 26th and was taken private.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juJu1BKUDUs

I had to miss Bharath's Dallas performance. Rshabhapriya, trying to confirm if it was RTP or kriti rendition.

Back to this one, what I remember:

tODi varNam
heccarikakA rA rA in caUka khaNDa Ekam

madyAmAvati rAgAm main
pAlincu kAmAkshi pAvani of SrI SyAmA SaStrigal in Adi tALa - 2 kaLai. Nerval kAntamagu pEru

Don't recall other items.

Well for Bharath's sense of layam which is like that of SrI KVN , hecccarika was almost neither high not low in terms of speed. I should not use renDunkeTTAn like negative term. He could almost do the normal cApu style also which he did at the end. He did mention at the end that he was trying to bring out the uniqueness of SrI Palghat Raghu school in tackling this gait with Balaji in accompaniment. It was indeed electric and the handling by Balaji was almost faithful to the caturASra gait of Eka tALam reckoning than treat at as a cApu 2.5 akshara flow.

MadyAmavati was a sweet, rakti and impactful given the natural emotional touch in Bharath's voice. ViTTal Rangan excelled in reply given the scope of clarity his instrument brings naturally and the emotion his school of violin brings.

pAlincu kAmAkshi was now re-enactment of MDR and Palghat Raghu on the reckoning of it's inner spacing by both Bharath and Balaji. Balaji was forthright in his implementation, no mincing phrases in all the descent to the Arudhi with his forceful arudhis. In fact the moment was when the passage "kAntamagu pEru " was taken the first time by Bharath. Balaji poured his thunderous RaghuvamsamRtam.

Bharath occupies the middle of the spectrum of Male vocal singers with Abhishek and Kunnakudi on one extreme and Ramakrishna Murthy and others like Sunil Gargyaan, Vishnudev on the Saukyam approach.

He brings the balance between these two sets.

A very satisfying concert and they should republish the concert. May be they will do once Bharath's U.S. tour is done? ;)

rajeshnat

Re: Bharath Sundar @ Naada Inbam Dec. Festival Mar 1, 2024 Prem. Mar 26th

Post by rajeshnat »

shankarank wrote: 06 Apr 2024, 20:36 Bharath occupies the middle of the spectrum of Male vocal singers with Abhishek and Kunnakudi on one extreme and Ramakrishna Murthy and others like Sunil Gargyaan, Vishnudev on the Saukyam approach.

I would extend this way with few more names. Enumeration starts with Abhishek Raghuram. Musicians like say Saket, Gurucharan and more seniors like Sanjay, Suryaprakash and VijaySiva are more senior

Bharath occupies the middle of the spectrum of Male vocal singers with Abhishek ,Abilash Giriprasad and Kunnakudi on one extreme and Ramakrishna Murthy and others like Sunil Gargyaan(not heard him), Vishnudev , Prasanna Venkatraman, Palakkad Ramaprasad , Ashwath Narayanan ,Girija Shankar on the Saukyam approach.

I like your reviews more than other general threads . Trivandrum Balaji , Sunil and Vittal Rangan are awesome accompaniments

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

rajeshnat wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 08:30
shankarank wrote: 06 Apr 2024, 20:36 Bharath occupies the middle of the spectrum of Male vocal singers with Abhishek and Kunnakudi on one extreme and Ramakrishna Murthy and others like Sunil Gargyaan, Vishnudev on the Saukyam approach.

rajeshnat extended the list with few more names wrote: I would extend this way with few more names. Enumeration starts with Abhishek Raghuram. Musicians like say Saket, Gurucharan and more seniors like Sanjay, Suryaprakash and VijaySiva are more senior

Bharath occupies the middle of the spectrum of Male vocal singers with Abhishek ,Abilash Giriprasad and Kunnakudi on one extreme and Ramakrishna Murthy and others like Sunil Gargyaan(not heard him), Vishnudev , Prasanna Venkatraman, Palakkad Ramaprasad , Ashwath Narayanan ,Girija Shankar on the Saukyam approach.
I like your reviews more than your other general threads . Trivandrum Balaji , Sunil and Vittal Rangan are awesome accompaniments. Good job shankarank

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

rajeshnat wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 08:30 Musicians like say Saket, Gurucharan and more seniors like Sanjay, Suryaprakash and VijaySiva are more senior
Now you are forcing a "General" type discussion on me. Don't get me started :D . I will talk about that elsewhere in General only!