Jayanthasena

Rāga related discussions
vs_manjunath

Post by vs_manjunath »

A janya of Kharaharapriya.

vinathAsutha vAhana sri is a well known song of Thyagaraja in this raga.

Can rasikas discuss abt the structure of this raga and list if many more compositions are available in this raga ?
Last edited by vs_manjunath on 12 Oct 2007, 06:30, edited 1 time in total.

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

there is a popular tamil song 'vennilavum vaanum pola , veeranum porvaalum pola, rendered by M M Dandapani desikar. , I have heard it on a HMV gramaphone record about50 years back. unfortunately I do not have the material or contrivance to post it gobilalitha meaning. like the whitish moon and sky, a warrior and his sword ' gobilalitha

kmrasika

Post by kmrasika »

King raghunAtha nAyak is credited to have discovered this rAga.
Some other compositions in this rAga:

ShrI rAjagOpAlasutanE - by K rAmrAj
nAdiranA (tillAnA) - TK rangacAri
pAda dariShanam Sheyyum pOdE Sheyda - muttu tANDavar (?)

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

jayantasena is a janya raaga of22nd melakarta raaga karaharapriya.sa ga ma pa da sa,sa ni da pa ma ga sa being the arohana,avarohana. sadharana gandharam,sudha madhyamam.sadusruti daivatham,kaisiki nishadam have been used, not much of compositions ( from the book of A S Panchapakesa iyer) gobilalitha

S.Balasubramanian.

Post by S.Balasubramanian. »

DKJ rendering (sangeetha recording) with breezy swarams comes to my mind as the best on this. MSG recording comes as well.Has anyone sung Raga elaboratly in this Raga?

arvindt

Post by arvindt »

My favourite is Brindamma's rendering of Vinata Suta: absolutely divine azhuttam in each syllable.

nivedita

Post by nivedita »

Although I haven't heard Brindamma sing vinata suta vahana, I've learnt it from my guru in Brindamma's patantaram, and it _is_ absolutely divine.

Is there a recording of Brindamma singing the kriti somewhere on the web? Or would it be possible for someone to upload a recording?

arvindt

Post by arvindt »

nivedita

Post by nivedita »

arvindt, thank you very much! :)

vageyakara

Post by vageyakara »

Hallo CM.Devotees
due to cataract surgery, I could not frequent the forum for a long time.
BTW, I would like all fellow folks to view and listen to one of my creations in the Ragam Jayantha Sena , composed on the occasion of "Prof.TRS's (50years)service to the cause of CM during 2003.
The link Ref: http://www.karnatik.com/c3504.shtml
Ramaraj

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

dear ramraj, how cruel of me to have overlooked your song in jayantasena I never knew about your eye surgery . how are you now? may god bless bless you with excellent health to continue your yeoman service to carnatic music, did that song figure in the concert by smt Raji gopalakrishnan on the occasion of releasing your kritis book by sri TRS during2003,. you remember , we attended it from bangalore gobilalitha

vageyakara

Post by vageyakara »

Hallo Balu (gobi lalitha)
Ihave e.mailed u the details.

Ramaraj