antara gandharam of hindolam

Rāga related discussions
mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

I have heard that hindolam with G3 is called Sallabham. Is it referred to by another name?
There is also a composition in it by Purandaradasa that approximately sounds like "murahara majeda nihe gati...". Could someone please help me identify this ragam and the composition?

many thanks.

Ashwin

Post by Ashwin »

Isn't this also rAgam sUryA?

Ashwin

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

thanks, Ashwin.
Could someone also explain to me the difference between suddha hindolam and hindolam? Is a gandharam involved in the difference?

arunk

Post by arunk »

IIRC, shuddha hindolam (varamu?) uses D2 (catusruthi dhaivatam) as opposed to D1 (suddha-dhaivatam) in hindolam.

vageyakara

Post by vageyakara »

Hallo Ashwin and other CMLovers, U r correct it is surya
for the benefit of listenrs, I give below the link wherein I have posteed one of my kritis in the RAAGAM
SURYA a janya of ChARUKeSI.Please view and listen to the kriti PUNIDANE!NimalanE!! Hanumane!!!
Please post your viewa.
Link: www.karnatik.com/c3469.shtml.
Ramaraj

vageyakara

Post by vageyakara »

Though Sallabham has the same scale , it is a derivative of vahuLAbharaNam(14)th mELam

Ramaraj

vageyakara

Post by vageyakara »

Hallo, Mahavishnu , and Arun,
Ch.daivatham deployed in HindoLam gives Varamu.Besides the same is also known as shriMadhuradwani, sardhaLAngi, ManOranjini, and HindOLa kAmini,
Ramaraj

vageyakara

Post by vageyakara »

There is a slight variation with respect to SALLABHAM.Being a derivative of VahuLAA bharanam, It has sudha deivatham.All derived from 22nd mElam K.H.Priya.
Ramaraj
Last edited by vageyakara on 14 Nov 2007, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Ramraj

How about a nice composition with 'your' audio' in 'sallAbham'.?
Your sallAbham will be a great 'rasika lAbhaM'. !

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Actually a nice crisp Ragamalika in
Hindolam, sallAbham, varamu and chandrakauns will be highly apprciated! by all the CMLovers!

Thanks

kmrasika

Post by kmrasika »

vageyakara wrote:Hallo, Mahavishnu , and Arun,
Ch.daivatham deployed in HindoLam gives Varamu.Besides the same is also known as shriMadhuradwani, sardhaLAngi, ManOranjini, and HindOLa kAmini,
Ramaraj
vageyakara Sir: Then how do you differentiate ShivaShakti, since it is also derived from kharaharapriyA mELa?

vageyakara

Post by vageyakara »

Hallo Kmrasika,
In Siva shakt i nishadam is absent in ArOh. where as the other ragams I have indicated have Nishadam in ArOhanam(ie) SA GA MA DA NI SA; SA NI DA MA GA SA whereas shiva shakthi ArOH:SA GA MA DA SA &
avarOh:SA NI DA MA GA SA

tHERE IS ALSO ANOTHER VERSION that shivashakti is a derivative of (10) th mELam nATakapriya with the same scale SA GA MA DA SA & SA NI DA MA GA SA (as per Samp.pradharshini) of subbu rama dhikkshatar.
Ramaraj
Last edited by vageyakara on 15 Nov 2007, 16:55, edited 1 time in total.

vageyakara

Post by vageyakara »

Hallo CML ji,
As I have already fed our beloved Rasikas with my SURYA RENDITION AND sMT.rAJI GOPALAKRISHNA NHAS INCLUDED IN HER "mADHURADWANI cd ONE OF MY KRITIS in the raga surya, ably supported on violin by None other than Shri.H.NBhaskar , I hope CMLovers would have adequately been benefited
already.Since I was out of city for quite some time, I could not frequent the Forum
Ramaraj
Ref: link. httpwww.karnatik.com/c3469.shtml
Last edited by vageyakara on 20 Nov 2007, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.