ninnE nammiti-simhendramadhyamam-Vasudevacharya notation

Place to go if you want to ask someone identify raga, tala, composer etc or ask for sāhitya (lyrics) or notations or translations.
sp2003

Post by sp2003 »

Has anyone got lyrics and notation for ninnE nammiti nayya, simhendramadhyamam krithi by Mysore Vasudevacharya? My email is sweta_indbhavan at yahoo dot co dot in
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sweta

meena

Post by meena »

ninnE nammitinayyA. rAgA: simhEndramadhyam. cApu tALA.

P: ninnE nammitinayyA shrI rAma
A: pannagEndra shayana pannagAri vAhana pannagAcala bhavya sadana praNatArti haraNa nipuNa
C: parama krpAsAgara para tatvAdhAma varamlosaga brOvavayya vAsudEva
nIraja nEtra nibhagAtra girirAja sutAvara shankara sannuti pAtra sa caritra

rajesh_rs

Post by rajesh_rs »

There's a spellbinding rendition of this song by Maharajapuram Santhanam, with an elaborate alapana. It blew me away the first time I listened to it, and it still does. This song, along with Asainthadum Mayil are my favourites in this ragam. But I like the latter especially. Like Alaipayuthey, Asainthadum Mayil song also shows off Oothukadu's lyrical prowess and his handling of complicated, grim ragas.

I don't think this particular kriti has a madhyama kalam, like other Oothukadu compositions, which were tailored for dance.

kmrasika

Post by kmrasika »

sp2003: The notation is only available in Telugu. Would you still like a copy?

sp2003

Post by sp2003 »

rajesh_rs wrote:There's a spellbinding rendition of this song by Maharajapuram Santhanam, with an elaborate alapana. It blew me away the first time I listened to it, and it still does. This song, along with Asainthadum Mayil are my favourites in this ragam. But I like the latter especially. Like Alaipayuthey, Asainthadum Mayil song also shows off Oothukadu's lyrical prowess and his handling of complicated, grim ragas.

I don't think this particular kriti has a madhyama kalam, like other Oothukadu compositions, which were tailored for dance.
Do you have a link to this rendition by any chance?

sp2003

Post by sp2003 »

kmrasika wrote:sp2003: The notation is only available in Telugu. Would you still like a copy?
Thanks kmrasika but my reading skills in telugu is nill!

rajesh_rs

Post by rajesh_rs »

sp2003 wrote:
rajesh_rs wrote:There's a spellbinding rendition of this song by Maharajapuram Santhanam, with an elaborate alapana. It blew me away the first time I listened to it, and it still does. This song, along with Asainthadum Mayil are my favourites in this ragam. But I like the latter especially. Like Alaipayuthey, Asainthadum Mayil song also shows off Oothukadu's lyrical prowess and his handling of complicated, grim ragas.

Do you have a link to this rendition by any chance?
Sorry for such a late reply. I do have the rendition on tape somewhere, but that's back home in Bangalore, a world away from where I am now. Will try and post a copy from the internet. It was on a Santhanam tape called "Mysore Vasudevacharya Kritis", I think.

Vidya86

Re: ninnE nammiti-simhendramadhyamam-Vasudevacharya notation

Post by Vidya86 »

Can I please have the notation for ninne nammiti in Simhendramadhyamam.
My I'd is vmutyam@gmail.com.
Thank you

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

Please check your mailbox.

sampoornayayavaram

Post by sampoornayayavaram »

can I please get the notation for ninne nammitinayya in english or telugu.This is mail - sampoornayayavaram@gmail.com

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

It is sent.