Meaning -Indira Ramanu

Place to go if you want to ask someone identify raga, tala, composer etc or ask for sāhitya (lyrics) or notations or translations.
Lathangi60

Post by Lathangi60 »

I would appreciate if someone give me the meaning for this kirthi word by word. Thanks in advance
Latha

indirA ramaNanu. rAgA: bauLi. jhampa tALA.

P: indirA ramaNanu decci iyyarO mAkiTuvalE pondi yAtani pUjinca boddAyanippuDu
C1: dhAruNi mai rAvaNu daNDinci rAmu decci nErupuna mincina anjanI tanayA
ghOra nAga pAshamula goTTi vEsiyAdani kAruNya mandinaTTi khaga rAja garuDA
2: nAnA dEvatalu narasimha kambhamulO pAni paTTi cUpinaTTi prahlAduDA
mAnavuDai krSNa mahimala vishvarUpu bUni baNDincu konna pOTupaNDa arjunA
3: shrI vallabhunaku nacESa kainkaryamula shrI vEnkaTAdri paina shESa mUruti
kaivasa mainayaTTi kArtavIryArjunaTA I dEvuni nIvELa niTTE decci mAku niyyarE

kiransurya

Post by kiransurya »

P: indirA(maha lakshmi) ramaNanu(husbaand) decci(bring) iyyarO(give) mAkiTuvalE(to me) pondi(so that) yAtani(he) pUjinca(can be worshipped) boddAyanippuDu(this is the time to do so..)

Somebody please bring me the Lord Vishnu. I have lost him and I need to have him back so that I can worship him. Its about time...

C1: dhAruNi(Demon Dhaaruni) mai rAvaNu(mai Raavana) daNDinci(have been punished) rAmu(by Raama) decci(who have been assisted) nErupuna(adeptly) mincina anjanI tanayA(Oh Anjaneya!!!)
ghOra(Horrible/Scary) nAga pAshamula(hand cuffs of Snakes) goTTi vEsiy(have been broken) Adani(his as in Raama)) kAruNya mandinaTTi(have been blessed) khaga(Bird) rAja(King) garuDA(Garuda)

Oh Anjaneya!!! you have assisted Raama in killing all those demons. Oh garuda!!! you have freed Raama and lakshmana from snakes. Both of you please take mercy on me and get me my Lord

2: nAnA dEvatalu(all the Gods) narasimha(As narasimha) kambhamulO(in the Pillar) pAni paTTi(have been packed) cUpinaTTi(and showed) prahlAduDA(oh Prahlaada)
mAnavuDai(Incarnated as a human) krSNa mahimala(miracles of krishna) vishvarUpu bUni(mighty spirtual infinity of the Lord) baNDincu konna pOTupaNDa(have been captured by you) arjunA (Oh Arjuna!!)

Prahlaada!!! you are the one who persuaded that mighty god to incarnate as Narasimha in a pillar. Arjun!! depsite being a Human you are the one who made Lord Krishna show you that Viswa roopa. You people accomplished the impossible, please help me to get my Lord back..

3: shrI(lakshmi) vallabhunaku(husband) nacESa(endless) kainkaryamula(services) shrI vEnkaTAdri paina(on tirumala) shESa mUruti (Seshaaa)
kaivasa mainayaTTi(Surrendered0 kArtavIryArjunaTA(kaartha Veeryaarjuna) I dEvuni(this lord) nIvELa(now) niTTE decci mAku niyyarE(get me)

Oh Sesha and Kaarthaveerya Arjuna!!! you do services of all sorts to lord venkateswara. Please get me my lord back.. Cant wait to worship him...

A little story associcated with this song.. Once some of the crooked people in Saint Annamaacharya's neighbourhood throwed his idols of Lord Venkateswara in to a river(So that he cannot worship Vishnu and would revert back to his original Saivism) Then the Saint sang this song addressing all the people close to Lord Vishnu's heart in Puraanas. Eventually that day a sage(who is none other than Anjaneya) brought the idols and gave them back to Annamaacharya. Then saint sang a song called Oh Pavanathmaja!!! oh Ghanudaa!!....

I dont have audios of these songs otherwise I would have u/l them for you...

Lathangi60

Post by Lathangi60 »

Thank you

Latha

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

The audio is available here:

http://www.andhrakitchen.com/devmusic.php