song by Chittoor V. Nagiah

Music that is not orthodox Carnatic or Hindustani.
gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

All of us are aware that Nagiah was a versatile actor of telugu, tamil and hindi (with MS in Meera)and a very good singer. Can anybody post his famous tamil film song 'vidhiyin vilayadal, manithanai maikkum maya jala , vidhiyin? IN which raaga is it composed ? gobilalitha

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Mama,

What movie is this song from?

In the meantime, check this link out for some other songs of this versatile actor:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... E2F4E8D85F

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

FIRSTOF ALL LET ME CORRECT THE HEADING 'It should read Chittoor .V.Nagiah. Request to mods to make te correction. gobilalitha

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

If I remember correct he was a disciple of Kancheepuram Naina pillai
Thanjavooran

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

Ravi, I think the song is from the film'ezhai padum padu' adopted from 'LES MISERABLE'. I am not sure.,do you remember JAWAR SITARAMAN?who was so named because he excelled as Inspector Zavert

karthikbala

Post by karthikbala »

gobilalitha wrote:...do you remember JAWAR SITARAMAN?who was so named because he excelled as Inspector Zavert
When watching "Pattanathil Bootham", I did wonder as to the source of the prefix. Thanks for the info :-)

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

Ramaraj, do you remember in which film Nagiah has sung the song referredto in post 1? pl also see my post about KALAKKAD RAMANARAYANAIYER and his film song 'Ramaan azhaikkiran poi varugiren ,sanchalam viduveere' Is it kamas ?
Another very old song by Bhavani Sambamurthy in Daksha yagyam' unnale anro ullam magizhnden' DO you remember?It is maand I think...GOBILALITHA

karthikbala

Post by karthikbala »

interesting clip on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWFqdYBtILI