Sadashiva Brahmendra

Carnatic composers (other than performing vidwans)
vsarmaiitm

Re: Sadashiva Brahmendra

Post by vsarmaiitm »

rajeshnat wrote: 22 Sep 2018, 06:48 There is a lovely festival that they conduct in Thirrupunthuruthi(It is just on the other side of kaveri very close to tiruvayaru) . I forgot the purana history of both Nerur and Tiruppunthuruthi - both places have very deep history. The yearly festival conducted in Tiruppunthuruthi is very nice . If you go there to tanjavur please do make a visit.
By the way what are your blogs , Ravi has partially answered .
Thirrupunthuruthi is where another saint Narayana Theertha (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narayana_Teertha) attained samadhi and an annual festival is conducted.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

vsarmaiitm wrote: 22 Sep 2018, 16:37
rajeshnat wrote: 22 Sep 2018, 06:48 There is a lovely festival that they conduct in Thirrupunthuruthi(It is just on the other side of kaveri very close to tiruvayaru) . I forgot the purana history of both Nerur and Tiruppunthuruthi - both places have very deep history. The yearly festival conducted in Tiruppunthuruthi is very nice . If you go there to tanjavur please do make a visit.
By the way what are your blogs , Ravi has partially answered .
Thirrupunthuruthi is where another saint Narayana Theertha (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narayana_Teertha) attained samadhi and an annual festival is conducted.
Thanks vsarmaiitm , i got bit confused . I think narayana theertha has two festivals one near Guntur and one in thirrupunthuruthi. Sadasiva brahmendra is only at Nerur(near Karur). Apologies for error

Rajani

Post by Rajani »

Sadashiva Brahmendra's aradhana is held in Nerur as well as Manamadurai.

https://www.dhvaniohio.org/wp-content/u ... mendra.pdf

RSR

Post by RSR »

A request to Mods.... When a topic in general discussion is moved to more specific section , ( most often, justifiably) , a brief note may be given that it has been moved. The first post was by Sri.Govindan and mine was second. When I saw the thread the next day, both had vanished! I was wondering if I had transgressed any rule.
It is true that Sadasiva Brammendra wrote the lyrics and possibly sang them in ragas set by him though there is no confirmation. Most of the songs wereset to music later by renowned musicians . I dont think, itmust be made an issue. in this specific case.
The Aradhana festival is celebrated every yera in Manamadurai with utmost devotion. as already mentioned in the previous post. There is a direct train from Chennai to Manamadurai with all comforts and I request Chennai based musicians to participte in the aradhana from next year atleast and spread CM tin interior districts. It is free.

RasikasModerator2

Post by RasikasModerator2 »

Ok, we will give a day's notice before moving or locking. If moved / deleted, we will leave a post in wake stating that it has been moved / deleted and why.

We would like threads to develop into meaningful discussions, we want rasikas to keep contributing, and we understand that there will be different views and perspectives, but if disagreements cannot be handled properly, we will step in.

RSR

Post by RSR »

தினகரன் தமிழ் செய்தி பத்திரிகையிலிருந்து ...26-4-2018
=====================================
மானாமதுரையில் ச்டகாசிவ ப்ரம்மேந்திராள் ஆராதனை விழா நடந்தது.இதில் கர்நாடக இசைக்கலைஞர்கள் கச்சேரி நடைபெற்றது.
மானாமதுரை ஆனந்தவல்லியம்மன் கோயிலின் உள்ள சோமநாதர் சன்னதியில், பின்புறம் சதசிவ ப்ரம்மேந்திராள் விகிரஹம் வைக்கப்பட்டு பூஜை nadanthu வருகிறது. ஒவ்வொரு ஆண்டும் சித்திரை மாதத்தில் அவருக்கு சங்கீத வித்துவான்கள் ஆராதனை விழா நடத்துகின்றனர். ....தமிழகம் மட்டுமல்லாது , தென்னிந்தியா முழுவதும் உள்ள கர்நாடக இசைக்கலைஞர்கள் பங்கேற்று கச்சேரி நடத்திவருகின்றனர்.....

--

RSR

Post by RSR »

https://sreenivasaraos.com/2012/09/01/s ... nt-page-1/

The blog page has an image of the mystic .

kmrasika

Post by kmrasika »

A mini docu on the composer:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgg4PrwM8gU Does anyone know the Sanskrit name for Nērūr? For puḍukkōṭṭai it is navasālapuri.

KKishore

Post by KKishore »

I have a query; Does anyone know if Sadasiva swamy and ThAyumAnavar saint were related in some way? I have found that both were contemporaries lived in 1700-1750/75 time period but more than that any other authentic source to say they had met etc
I googled and saw a link where it hints a possibility that Sadasiva was the Guru (called 'MounaGuru') for ThAyumAnava swamigal.