Arasi (Smt. Rajee Krishnan)

Carnatic composers (other than performing vidwans)
arasi

Re: Arasi (Smt. Rajee Krishnan)

Post by arasi »

Nageswaran has uploaded the Rasikas.org concert he hosted in Chennai recently in the Concert Reviews forum. Suryaprakash, in this delightful concert has sung one of my compositions (sung by Neela Ramgopal in CD volume 2). How well he sings it!

Thanks, Suryaprakash :)

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

thenpannan wrote: 05 Mar 2016, 08:54 Hear! Hear! I sang a composition of hers "kandA vEl murugA" in sAvEri at my concert (copied from the album by gAyatri girIsh). I probably did not do justice to the song but it is truly a wonderful wonderful creation. You would think a rAgam like sAvEri would have been wrung out ("puzhinju-fied" as they say) by now, but arasi found a way of presenting the rAgam that I had not encountered before. I wanted to give her this kudos earlier but it kept slipping my mind and this post reminded me.

Thanks, Arasi, for this and other wonderful compositions.
Thenpannan
That is wonderful to hear . We have had neela mami, suryaprakash, Gayathri girish and sumitra nitin.
I do know suji ram played a violin venkatava unnnai vendinEn in shyama , I did not know you can sing . Post your recording in soundcloud and share it.

Arasi,
Refresh my memory your very first song is in saveri . I forgot now which one is that ? Can you trace some kind of time mapping (approximations)???

arasi

Post by arasi »

Rajesh,
Your memory is amazing. Yes, forgetting my 'compositions' for high school and college programs, the first song of my composing stretch started with a sAvEri song: Anai mugathOnai azhaithAl...1989 or thereabouts.