lyrics for nI samAna

Place to go if you want to ask someone identify raga, tala, composer etc or ask for sāhitya (lyrics) or notations or translations.
bkishore

lyrics for nI samAna

Post by bkishore »

Pl post the lyrics for

nI samAna - composer(?). This was sung by Bombay Jayasree .

srikant1987

Re: lyrics for nI samAna

Post by srikant1987 »

I'm not a Sahitya giant at all, but I'm sure a few more words and/or the rAga/tALa the composition is set to would help greatly.

vidya raja

Post by vidya raja »

Bombay Jayashree has sung the following composition of GNB, is it this one you are looking for?

taaLam: aadi
Composer: G.N. Baalasubramaniam
Language:

pallavi

nI samAnamevaru lErani nE pogaDa taramA talli

anupallavi

bhUsurAdi samsEvita kamalE bhOga mOkSAdi dAyika vimalE

caraNam

AsacE nI pAvana caraNamupAsana jEyu sunna vADugadA
vAsudEvuni priya sOdari pAsamAna sharadindu kalAdhari

aaaaabbbbb

Post by aaaaabbbbb »

The composition is the creation of Sri Mysore Vasudevacharya.
It is set to raaga :subhapantuvarali
There are a couple of mistakes in the text.
In caranam.it is*jEyucunna**
and BhAsamana**

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

Despite the name vAsudEvuni occuring in the caraNa, the composition is by GNB and is in the book Ganabhaskara manimalai on page 49.

aaaaabbbbb

Post by aaaaabbbbb »

Thank you Lakshman Sir,
I stand corrected.

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

This song was presented y'day by the one and only Abhishek Raghuram in the company of Vittal Rangan, N C Bharadwaj and Guru Prasanna. The occasion was the giving away of Raga Laya Prabha awards by Sri Rama Lalitha Kala Mandira to Ms Aditi Prahlad, B K Raghu and Akshay Anand. Venue was The Bangalore Gayana Samaj.

I enjoyed the event and concert, the Bajji Samaja, as well as followed the CSK SRH match on Hotstar all the while beating the Blr evening deluge (thanks to Metro, too!)

Abhishek is like a charged divine arrow from Shiva or Vishnu. He embodies astonishing felicity, exuberant talent and irrepressible imagination. He was at his very best in building up a Shubha Pantuvarali that would have made the day for both GNB and Bade Ghulam Ali Khan.

The GNB song is exquisite. It is an example of a great composition where the music and words go like the beauty and fragrance of a lovely rose.

(Shot with Sony DSC-T700 on 30.10.2008 in Sydney :) )

It was somewhat of a pity that NCB was carried away by Abhishek's exuberance and banged the mridangam a fair bit. And that somewhat diminished the essential beauty of the song.

I had to research the composer and words... And found it where else but in RASIKAS!