Lyrics, Composer’s Name, True Ragam of "Rama Rama - - - Mishra Chapu"

Place to go if you want to ask someone identify raga, tala, composer etc or ask for sāhitya (lyrics) or notations or translations.
Sundar Krishnan

Lyrics, Composer’s Name, True Ragam of "Rama Rama - - - Mishra Chapu"

Post by Sundar Krishnan »

18/5/18, 10:07 PM :
A) Requesting for Lyrics, Composer’s Name, True Ragam etc of the ‘Rama Rama – {Revathi Gowla ??} – Mishra Chappu’ Song, that is listed in the foll CD :
In the “Siddhi Vinayakam” CD by Akkarai Sisters, this Song is the 6th in the List :
https://www.kkbox.com/hk/en/song/cuT00S ... index.html
&
http://darkmp3.su/album-siddhi-vinayaka ... 18076.html

B) Is the Ragam name a Typo Error in the Link above ? ;
OR, if indeed there a Ragam called ‘Revathi Gowla’, then request someone to pl let me know it’s Ar / Av and it’s Parent (Melam) Ragam.
TIA
Sundar Krishnan

Lakshman

Re: Lyrics, Composer’s Name, True Ragam of "Rama Rama - - - Mishra Chapu"

Post by Lakshman »

The links you provided point to the rAma rAma song but the audio is the tillAnA in kalyANavasantA.
Item 5 which is marked as tillAna is the rAma rAma song in rItigauLa. As far as I know there is no such rAgA as rEvatigauLa. The popular Purandaradasa song has been rendered in 10 different rAgAs. I am not sure if this rItigauLa song is the one by Purandaradasa.

Sundar Krishnan

Thanks for yr reply.
You say : "popular PD song".
If it is the "Rama Rama" song, can you pl post the Lyrics, and the popular Ragams / Talams in which this song is often sung.
Also, if possible, any Audio / Video links to the rendition of this "Rama Rama" PD song by some other artistes - so that I can compare and confirm, and thus learn.

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

The lyrics are here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16460&p=197135&hili ... ro#p197135
The song has been sung in bhImpalAs, cenjuruTi, dhanyAsi, hindOLa, husEni, kharaharapriyA, SaNmukhapriyA, lalit, tilang and vasantA. The tALA is either t/Adi or rUpaka.

Sundar Krishnan

Thank you very much.