Notations Request - can be handled offline

Place to go if you want to ask someone identify raga, tala, composer etc or ask for sāhitya (lyrics) or notations or translations.
rajeshnat

Notations Request - can be handled offline

Post by rajeshnat »

Lji,
Since you are only sending them by private email and not disclosing directly notations will it better for all those who repeatedly ask notations directly ask you by email.

Oflate for the past 1 to 2 months every day there is just a mountain of notation requests from different folks , apart from one person who is asking and Lji replying , it is just a boatload of notifications.

Also each of them also will not generally search and put it in the right topic, we can make a sticky topic and give instructions and lock it. I appreciate all you have did with so many new posters repeatedly asking the same notations the forum focus is getting considerably diluted. Each of this post is like one FROM to one TO and the rest 15000 members are in cc mode.

Lji AND Admins,
Is my suggestion OK, if yes we can take the above suggested course. Let this repeated notation requests go away. I am only taking notations for this correction, I donot take other things like translation and meaning in this typecast as actual content is put and all of us benefit, in any case they are less frequent unlike notations.

Preethee

Re: Notations Request - can be handled offline

Post by Preethee »

I agree

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Lji,
Every day for the past atleast 100 days there is 20 request for notations. Some one just comes to the site and asks request for notation and you send it and reply as sent .This site cannot be used as a personal email to and reply communication. I am assuming for some reason may be copyright you dont put the direct notation content in the site . This is purely one on one communication and needlessly another 10000 have to click each of the notation links and get back to other content
I suggest you please accept only by private email. Lji I respect everything that you have done but this has to stop sometime please.

Daily notation requesters,
All those who are collectively asking everyday 20 requests please donot use this forum as your personal learning ground for asking notations . Ask your nearest teacher or a vidwan vidushi whom you know by email.

@Srkris
Please act we are having serious readership issues ,i have already posted in Jan 2019 , you have to act please . We are not running a site where 30 one liner notation request are coming in unabated fashion as whats app good morning forwards . Please act for the better interest of other 10000 posters and many passive posters.
Reread the first post I posted on Jan 2019.

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

The option of contacting me by sending an email (by clicking on the Contact button under my name on the right side of each post) is there for anyone to use for requesting lyrics/notations. Since I want to make sure that I have sent the notation to the rasika requesting it, I respond with a brief reply.
Apart from the requests on our site many contact me personally through direct email.
Maybe SRK can figure out some other solution for this overcrowding of requests. If a separate thread is established where scanned notations can be posted, it would involve more work for me. As well, rasikas will will have difficulties locating a notation unless a master list is available. Rasikas use different spellings to request lyrics/notations. This is one of the reasons why many don't bother to take the trouble to search our site before asking for help.
rajesh: I am unclear as to why the present set up is bothering you. I understand if your interest is not in notations. If you like only the lyrics part, then SRKris can perhaps split the thread and establish a separate thread for notations.

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

Rajesh ji & Lakshman ji - I feel Lakshman ji's suggestion is best - can we split this sahitya area into

1. sahitya & translations, and
2. notations section

This way the notations requests can all go into a separate area which can be ignored by those who are not interested in them?

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

srkris wrote: 29 Jul 2019, 01:45 Rajesh ji & Lakshman ji - I feel Lakshman ji's suggestion is best - can we split this sahitya area into

1. sahitya & translations, and
2. notations section

This way the notations requests can all go into a separate area which can be ignored by those who are not interested in them?
@srkris
Option 1 ;
--------
Even if you group them a seperate topic when i click the Active Topics Link everyday notations of atleast 15 links is intermingled and mixed with other posts.Like Forum Issues topic if they are not coming in Active Topics that is fine

Option 2:
----------
If you look at each of the notation posts it is just a request for lyrics then I have sent an email reply than another thanks , as such this is just a point to point communication from an avalanche of requesters to Lakshman Sir . Why Should all the remaining forumites know about it at all . Let them be instructed to send by personal email . The very fact that the actual content is 99 out of 100 times is actually shared it is just equivalent to two of them sending a point to point notification.

We are not running a sangeetha padasala and this request is going to only get more and more in count as days roll by as more and more aspirants are just going to register and ask. If you allow this to go on , in another year or two another 500 young aspirants will come everyday with 30 notations please nip it in the bud please

My Preference
----------------
I prefer you going with Option 2 , I want you to start worrying more on readership and participation . The fact that when everyone opens daily and clicks active topics he/she sees 3 posts and then 12 notation request out of 15and all of them get mixed depending on the time and indirectly is pushing more and more to flee our site.

My post is more directed to notations , it is ok to have translation request or lyrics request . But notations are just making this as virtual sangeetha avalanche whatsapp paadasAla.

Best Solution:
-------------
We can put a sticky post at the top and ask them to send email to Lakshman which he is always willing to be communicated and not ask notation request here in this forum.

Lji,
I have genuine respect and admiration for you sir . Infact few years back i wrote a long post about you that you are the karanakartha for me to hear this many concerts after i took a print out of all ragas of your lovely karnatik.com since 2004. We have to value all the rest other then avalanche endless single notation requester who only come and ask notations which every one else prefers not to see and you only reply by saying "it is sent please check" and the content of notations is also not posted. . Per se no point using this forum for notations at all as no content is posted and indexed here at all.

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

I have no problem if the Lyrics & Notation Identification / Translation requests thread is confined to just Translation Requests.
Those rasikas wanting notations/lyrics can contact me directly. SRK can start a separate thread on Notations (and lock it) with a single message (that includes my email address) asking rasikas to contact me directly. This way the website is not clogged with unnecessary responses from me. The only reason I respond with a short answer is to make sure that I have forwarded the notations.

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

I understand your point Rajesh ji. Let me check if I can disable the notations topics from appearing in the active topics page.

I am currently travelling so apologies will look at it in 10 days.

vnradhakrishnan

Post by vnradhakrishnan »

Dear sir,
I am self learning the art of playing carnatic music through bamboo flute.It is my great desire to play the song
" Krishnaa nee begane bharo".I see you have provided notations to this song to several persons.
I would greatly appreciate if you can forward a copy of the notation to me in my email id
vnradhakrishnan@yahoo.co.uk
I thanks in anticipation of a positive reply.
With best regards,
V.N.Radhakrishnan

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

V.N.Radhakrishnan: A topic on this already exists. Please post your request here. Thanks.
https://rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... ne#p356970