Request for translation of Pushpanjali

Place to go if you want to ask someone identify raga, tala, composer etc or ask for sāhitya (lyrics) or notations or translations.
Madhumita.sathe

Request for translation of Pushpanjali

Post by Madhumita.sathe »

Hello
Requesting you to translate the sahityam of natai Pushpanjali taal adi..'tari ta jham ta jham tari ta'. It starts with something like 'ulagamelam'.

Thanks in advance!

rshankar

Re: Request for translation of Pushpanjali

Post by rshankar »

Hi Madhumita,

I assume you are asking for the verse that starts with ulagellAm uNarndOdarkariyavan, right?
It was discussed a while ago in this thread. Please let us know if you need more clarity than is found in that page.

If that is not what you want, can you post a link to the pushpAnjali you are looking for?

PS: You seem to be a new member, and may not be aware of: 1) There is a search function in the upper right corner of the pages that you can use to check if your topic of interest has been discussed earlier; and 2) please post requests for lyrics and translations in this thread, and not elsewhere. Welcome to the forum, and hope you enjoy and contribute to the variety here.

Madhumita.sathe

Post by Madhumita.sathe »

Thank you for your reply. It was very helpful. Will post on the respective thread henceforth.

thingalani

Post by thingalani »

Namaskaram, i am looking for the meaning of ulagellam periya puranam meaning. Could you please assist me? thank you

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

thingalani wrote: 13 Jun 2019, 11:54 Namaskaram, i am looking for the meaning of ulagellam periya puranam meaning. Could you please assist me? thank you
I for one have no idea what you are talking about. If you want the meaning for "ulagellAm Odarkkariyavan", there is a link in post #2 (I checked at it works) that will get you to the page with the meaning for this set of verses.