Meaning - Srisaila Natham - Saranga

Place to go if you want to ask someone identify raga, tala, composer etc or ask for sāhitya (lyrics) or notations or translations.
P. S.

Meaning - Srisaila Natham - Saranga

Post by P. S. »

Hello - I was wondering if someone could kindly post the meaning for this kriti
Srisaila natham - saranga - chatusra matya - Swarna Venkatesa Dikshita

Pallavi: SrISaila nAthaM bhajEhaM sadA SrI bhramarAmba samEtaM SivaM SankaraM
Anupallavi: dAsa jana pAlana caturaM gaNESa shaNmukha pitaraM ASu santushTa hRdayaM sadayaM abhayapradaM
Caranam: Adi madhyAnta rahitaM vEdAgama prathitaM akhila lOka vinutaM AnandEna jAtaM jAti krAdi bhEda rahitaM kASinAtha nibha pUjAsahitaM sajjana cittEshu santataM vasantaM mallikArjunaM sandarSana bhakta jana sarvESTa phaladaM
Madhyamakala sahityam: Agata jana lEkhana jAgarUka sAkshi gaNapati sahitaM aniSaM sukhapradaM ati gambhIra pAtALa gangOpari prakASAlayE samsthitaM svayambhUvaM

raghavasimhan

Re: Meaning - Srisaila Natham - Saranga

Post by raghavasimhan »

Pallavi: SrISaila nAthaM bhajEhaM sadA SrI bhramarAmba samEtaM SivaM SankaraM

I worship (aham bhajE) SriSaila natha who always appears along with (samEtaM) Shri BhramarAmba and the one who is Siva and who is Sankara.

Anupallavi: dAsa jana pAlana caturaM gaNESa shaNmukha pitaraM ASu santushTa hRdayaM sadayaM abhayapradaM

The intelligent one (catura) who protects devotees (dAsa jana pAlana); the one who is the father of ganesha and Shanmukha (gaNESa shaNmukha pitaraM); one who has a heart that is quickly (ASu) propitiated / made happy (santushTa hRdayaM); the merciful one (sadayaM) and the giver of fearlessness (abhayapradaM).

Caranam: Adi madhyAnta rahitaM vEdAgama prathitaM akhila lOka vinutaM AnandEna jAtaM jAti krAdi bhEda rahitaM

The one who is deprived of / has no (rahitaM) beginning, middle and end (Adi madhya, anta); the one who is versed in (prathitaM) veda and Agama; the one who is extolled (vinutaM) by the entire world (akhila lOka); the one who is the manifest of happiness (AnandEna jAtaM); who is devoid of any jAti differences ( jAti krAdi bhEda rahitaM; though what krAdi means escapes me).

kASinAtha nibha pUjAsahitaM sajjana cittEshu santataM vasantaM mallikArjunaM sandarSana bhakta jana sarvESTa phaladaM

One who has puja ( pUjAsahitaM) similar (nibha) to KaSi ViSvanatha (kASinAtha); the one who lives (vasantaM) always (santataM ) in the hearts (cittEshu) of good people (sajjana); the one who is MallikArjuna; the one who fructifies (phaladaM) all that is desired (sarva iSTa) to the Bhaktas who have beheld him (sandarSana).

Madhyamakala sahityam: Agata jana lEkhana jAgarUka sAkshi gaNapati sahitaM aniSaM sukhapradaM ati gambhIra pAtALa gangOpari prakASAlayE samsthitaM svayambhUvaM

The one who is present along with (sahitaM) the Ganapati who keeps a wakeful (jAgarUka) witness (sAkshi) in writing (lEkhana) of all the people (jana) who come (Agata) to the kshetra (the famous sAkshi gaNapati temple is mentioned here); the one who always (aniSaM i.e. nightless / incessant) gives happiness (sukhapradaM); the one who resides (samsthitaM) in the temple that glows (prakASAlayE) above (upari) the very great (ati gambhIra) Patala Ganga / Krishna River; the one who is a svayambhu (svayambhUvaM).

Rajani

Post by Rajani »

Beautiful lyrics and very nice translation.

jAti krAdi may possibly be jAti kramAdi ?

raghavasimhan

Post by raghavasimhan »

I think khyati / khati (ख्याति / खाति) both meaning 'reputation' makes more sense for me.... Though 'jAti kramAdi' also fits very well.. but definitely not 'krAdi' though.