N Ramamurthy

Carnatic Musicians
rajeshnat

N Ramamurthy

Post by rajeshnat »

I have personally few records of this vidwan N Ramamurthy.Some time in 90's or 2000 he used to have few concerts in chennai. He has a good voice and nice paddhantaram , the minimal that I heard I could spot a few semmangudi touches .If I recall right i heard one casette of his with RKSK and J Vaidyanathan .His domicile is Hyderabad so many would not know him. Nice to hear kalasaagaram has also got a new hall.

Recent review of his
http://www.thehindu.com/entertainment/m ... 103812.ece

Any one from hyderabad or who knows more about him can add more about N Ramamurthy .

rshankar

Re: N Ramamurthy

Post by rshankar »

Sanskritized text of Dikshitar????????

MaheshS

Post by MaheshS »

rshankar wrote: 17 Nov 2017, 17:37 Sanskritized text of Dikshitar????????
brief raga alapana of Aanandabhairavi,
This was opened with ragalapana that made considerable impact. He added neraval Tamasambu Itula Seyaraadu and then went for kalpanaswaras. It was simple kirtana rendition but with clarity of sahitya.
delineation of raga Brindavana Saranga
The main item of the concert was Ragam-Tanam - Pallavi in a set of four ragas; Sankarabharanam,Thodi, Kalyani and Darbar. The pallavi line was Kalyaniyai Azhai Thodi Wadi Durbar in Adi talam.
It's a Hindu review though, so not surprised at all :)

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

MaheshS wrote: 17 Nov 2017, 19:28 The main item of the concert was Ragam-Tanam - Pallavi in a set of four ragas; Sankarabharanam,Thodi, Kalyani and Darbar. The pallavi line was Kalyaniyai Azhai Thodi Wadi Durbar in Adi talam.

After many years of marriage shankarabharanam lost his say to his wife kalyani. He is not there in pallavi line

arasi

Post by arasi »

:D Yes, Rajesh...
You mean, ''SankarAbharaNanai'' azhaithODi vA kalyANi, the thOzhi, to the --darbAr!

Ramasubramanian M.K

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K »

ARASI: Did Anathalakshmi Mami. give this record in the late forties? Also is this a composition of VVS?

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Ramasubramanian M.K wrote: 20 Nov 2017, 04:36 Also is this a composition of VVS?
MKR Sir
Shankarabharanai azhaittOdi vAdi kalyani darbArukku was composed by Kunrakkudi Krishnayyar popularized by ariyakudi to start with.Check this thread
viewtopic.php?t=21020

Ramasubramanian M.K

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K »

Thanks Rajesh!! Any chance of your coming to the US on business? I will not be in Chennai for the. season==perhaps Mid January.