Unrecognised musicians

Carnatic Musicians
shadjam

Post by shadjam »

rshankar,

Do you any chance have recordings of his AIR concerts? Thanks.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Unfortunately, I do not. I'll ask my friends who were his students if they do!

vasya10

Post by vasya10 »

Is Sri. Srirangam Ranganathan same person as Sri Srirangam Iyengar. I seem to have a few recordings of Sri Srirangam Iyengar. If some one can confirm they are same, I can upload these.

ksrimech

Post by ksrimech »

vasya10 wrote:Is Sri. Srirangam Ranganathan same person as Sri Srirangam Iyengar.
I think sangIta kalAnidi (1969) madurai SrIrangam ayyangAr is a different person. Still I would love to here SrIrangam ayyangAr and SrIrangam ranganAtan. I haven't heard both.

Here is a an old pic of madurai SrIrangam ayyangAr at SKGS with TNK and VGR.

http://www.krishnaganasabha.org/images/ ... sts/01.JPG

Thank you.
Last edited by ksrimech on 09 Apr 2007, 07:36, edited 1 time in total.

chalanata

Post by chalanata »

iyengar and ranganathan are not one and the same.
in any case, vasya10, you are welcome to upload iyengar's renditions. thanks.

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

IMO chengleput Renganathan was known as srirangam Renganathan initially

vidyaarthi

Post by vidyaarthi »

I have learnt from SrI.Srirangam Ranganathan sir for more than two years when I was doing Higher Secondary at Neyveli.
He was a disciple of sri.Sathur Krishna Iyengar(Guru of Sankara Iyer sir also) and retired as a staff artiste,Pondy AIR.

He had more than 1000 krithis in neatly notated form and it was for the purpose of giving to students;He had all them in mind.

He lived for more than 75 yeas and had a healthy and contended life.

How he taught me and how great he was,I will write at leisure and post;There is so much to tell.

venkatpv

Post by venkatpv »

My mother also learnt from Srirangam Ranganathan Sir for sometime when we lived in Pondicherry. Only yesterday she was telling me that Neyveli's Sir pathantaram for Vallabha Nayakasya (that he taught on Jaya TV last week) was identical to hers since she learnt it from Ranganathan Sir! :)

I dont know if Neyveli Sir learnt Vallabha Nayakasya from Ranganathan Sir, but its possible I guess.

vidyaarthi

Post by vidyaarthi »

Venkatpv ji,Your mother's name please;

venravi

Post by venravi »

I have learnt from SrI.Srirangam Ranganathan sir for more than two years when I was doing Higher Secondary at Neyveli.

We know Srirangam Ranganathan sir very well. He stays in our house at Neyveli whenever he comes to Neyveli. He's my dad's friend and used to have marathon practices spanning more than 8hours in one of our friends houses. I have his picture which I will upload.
Ravi

shadjam

Post by shadjam »

Vidyaarthi, venkatpv and venravi sirs,

Do you have any concert recordings of Sri Srirangam Ranganathan? If so, can you please share it in this forum?

venravi sir, i am looking forward to his photos.

thanks.

shadjam

Post by shadjam »

Thanjavooran sir,

I think Chengelpet Ranganathan and Srirangam Ranganathan are two different musicians. I hope one of his students can confirm this.

venravi

Post by venravi »

Dear members : How to paste pictures in the forum?. Please post the details.

Srirangam Ranganathan and Chegalput Ranganathan are 2 different vidwans.
Srirangam Ranganathan passed away in 2001.

shadjam

Post by shadjam »

venravi sir,

I am not sure if there is a direct way to attach photos in this forum. You can use one of the image hosting websites such as http://imagevenue.com/ and upload the photos there. You can give the resulting link in this forum and it would appear as an image (not as a link) in the forum. Hope this helps.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

venravi,
Most of us use the website called www.tinypic.com You can go to the website ,upload the image it will give you a url ,that url you have to enclose by clicking the Img button which you find in the post reply editor .

Just in case if you have not got the above point,I would suggest you to look at any of the inline images posted hit the quote tag momentarily to see how the img tag is embedded with a url pointing to the image.
Last edited by rajeshnat on 25 Jul 2007, 19:20, edited 1 time in total.

venravi

Post by venravi »

Thank you for the tips. I will upload tonight.Picture was taken at the wedding receiption held during 1990. Violin Tiruparkadal Veeraragavan and Mridangam Mannargudi Easwaran(My Guru).
I should have one more picture taken during 1980 at Neyveli during my upanayanam function.
with M.Chandrasekaran on Violin, Mylatoor Ramachandran Mridangam,Tiruvarur Krishnamurthy on Kanjira(my Guru ) .with Neyveli Santhanam playing Tambura.(I will check whether it's with me or in India).
Ravi
Last edited by venravi on 25 Jul 2007, 19:54, edited 1 time in total.

mohan

Post by mohan »

Is there any info available about Sri Kunnakudi Venkataraman (father of Smt Kunnakudi Bala)?

venravi

Post by venravi »

Srirangam R Ranganathan Vocal- Thiruparkadal S Veeraraghavan - Violin- Mannargudi A Eswaran Mridangam on June 9th 1990 at Chennai.

Last edited by venravi on 26 Jul 2007, 03:40, edited 1 time in total.

shadjam

Post by shadjam »

venravi sir,

Thanks a lot for the photo. Looking forward to the upanayanam photo and possibly a concert recording???:D

shadjam

Post by shadjam »

Just found out that there is already an exclusive thread on shri.T.V.Namasivayam.

http://rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2072

Can the mods please move all these discussions to the official thread? Thanks.

Mod Edit: The T.V.Namasivayam posts have been moved to the above referred thread. Thanks shadjam

shadjam

Post by shadjam »

There is an AIR concert of Srirangam Ranganathan (Kudanthai Balasundaram-violin and Thiruvarur Krishnamurthy - Mridangam) uploaded in the sangeethapriya website:

http://sangeethamshare.org/tvg/UPLOADS- ... NGANATHAN/

meeraraj

Re:

Post by meeraraj »

[quote="venravi"]
Hi Venravi
You said you have his photos taken during upanayanam . Can you pass them on. Actually Srirangam Ranganathan is my thatha - my mom's chitappa and we never had the oppourtunity to learn from him though thatha always wanted to teach us when we went to pondicherry.
It is so nice to read all of your association with him. Please do share whatever photos and details you have so that i can have them in our family tree
thank you[Update][Update]