Thiruvarur Sri Bhakthavatsalam

Carnatic Musicians
mahesu

Post by mahesu »

In continuation in the thread of Sri Mannargudi Easwaran, I am adding separate topics for Sri Srimushnam Raja Rao and Sri Thiruvarur Bhakthavatsalam.

A fantastic video to be enjoyed of sri Bhathavatsalam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzIBwUqt ... re=related

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

I have heard criticism of Shri Bhakthavatsalam as being over-loud. My experience is the opposite. Whilst he is certainly an imposing character, I have seen him accompany with great sensitivity

rajanp

Post by rajanp »

Aum

I have heard SRi Bhaktavatchalam , play in the 2008 music festival
for Sri T N Krishnan, Sri T N Krishnan at the very concert spoke very very highly of Sri TB.

I personally think he has made his mark in carnatic music, and is a wonderful personality in my experience.

Aum

Rajan

srinivasrgvn

Post by srinivasrgvn »

-
Last edited by srinivasrgvn on 27 Dec 2009, 12:40, edited 1 time in total.

sudhir

Post by sudhir »

He is one of my favourites. I always look forward to his Thanis. His accompaniment is also good. Briliant mathematically patterned Korvais and Koirappus. His Chapus are second only to UKS. Very versatile hands. Plays the chapu with so much ease and amazing control. His speedy patterns probably can only be matched by Karaikudi Mani and UKS.
I rate him above Srimushnam and Trichy Sankaran (Maybe not in terms of seniority) but I would go to a concert no matter what if he is featuring in it.
Listen to his US concert accompanying TNK which is uploaded in Sangeethapriya. Beautiful Thani.

Musicfan

Post by Musicfan »

Bhaktavatsalam remains my all time favourite. I have listened to many of his Tani's my favourite being accompanying Maharajapuram Santhanam in 1986 in Siri fort in Delhi( MC on the violin) . what a grand tani for the todi song dasarathe. The recording is there in sangeethapriya. I hav heard elders say that that Tani made him a famous man and pushed him to greater heights. Of course all this would not be possible without the big encouragement given to him by MLV. His chapu would probably rank second only to UKS.

rajeshnat

Thiruvarur Bhakthavatsalam

Post by rajeshnat »

In the last two days i saw in the papers that vidwan ThirruvArur bhaktavatsalam has been awarded the prestigious sangeetha choodamani award for this year 2016 by SKGS. Congratulations

shankarank

Re: Thiruvarur Sri Bhakthavatsalam

Post by shankarank »

Happy to hear that. Here is a good concert of his accompanying two instrumental maestros and ably supported by a virtuous Ganjira youngster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPd7yEaAQpY&spfreload=1

We all were enthralled as youngsters at his performances in many a concert.

shankarank

Re: Thiruvarur Sri Bhakthavatsalam

Post by shankarank »

Here is the picture of the award being presented.

http://www.krishnaganasabha.org/archive ... vents.html