Revathi Srinivasan Veena

Carnatic Musicians
VeenaFan

Revathi Srinivasan Veena

Post by VeenaFan »

I listened to her concert in radio the other day...I cant say enough about her performance... one of the purest classical veena recital I have ever heard!

I researched about her and I found that she is a Top Grade Veena Artist working for AIR. I want to listen to more of her work. Let me know if any any of you folks have some of her master pieces.

sripadma

Re: Revathi Srinivasan Veena

Post by sripadma »

She is my Veenai Guru.. No doubts she is just amazing.. Not only a great artist but truly a great teacher.

sripadma

Post by sripadma »

Here's the link of her concert in Bharatiya Vidhya bhavan. This link has a video clip starting with performance by students of Kalakshetra. So fwd the video to see my guru's concert.

Enjoy..

sripadma

Post by sripadma »

Here's the link of her concert in Bharatiya Vidhya bhavan. This link has a video clip starting with performance by students of Kalakshetra. So fwd the video to see my guru's concert.

http://ignca.nic.in/veena_13092009_01.htm

Enjoy..

rbharath

Post by rbharath »

i remember many radio concert of Smt. Revathi Srinivasan. Indeed very highly classical music at its best. :)

mishram

Post by mishram »

Absolutely. She works for AIR, Chennai. Had the privilege of learning from her briefly when she was in Madurai (AIR). A patient and dedicated teacher! Most important of all - a sweet heart! - indeed a very warm person!

vainika

Post by vainika »

I was thrilled to see that video of Smt. Revathi Srinivasan and her talented student. Back in Mumbai, in the late 1970s, it was her mother vidushi Smt. Chellammal Rajagopalan who took me in as her student, and gave so bountifully of her immense gnyAnam and repertoire. The intensity and joy of those four years of music study, and the affection I received from their family, are unforgettable.

I would like to get in touch with Smt. Revathi and would be grateful if someone could send me her contact info offlist (to guruguhaanjali@yahoo.com)

thanks, L Ramakrishnan (Sriram)

akishore87

Post by akishore87 »

Here's a recent recording of Smt.Revathi Srinivasan which I recorded from Radio...It was really a pleasant experience but sadly there are only three songs in it. Anyone interested can listen/download it from the above link.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5y6fbc ... _-_FM_GOLD

I hope to listen more of her divine music on radio...

varsha

Post by varsha »

akishore87

Post by akishore87 »

Thanks for sharing these wonderful gems. :) Indeed divine music..