palghat ramprasad

Carnatic Musicians
sanjana

palghat ramprasad

Post by sanjana »

where is the carnatic singer Shri Palghat Ramprasad.....he is not seen in the music arena these days ?

sanjana

rajeshnat

Re: palghat ramprasad ?

Post by rajeshnat »

Sanjana
I have heard him once and reviewed ,quite a talented singer. I think he went to US some university to study PhD ,after that .... We have not heard him much

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Review of palghat ramprasad concert in The Hindu dated Feb 16,2017.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/che ... 313013.ece

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

I was there. It was a very good concert.

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

Don't think he is based in Chennai. So we get to hear him quite infrequently :( His Nadopasana concert was very good.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

The Tanjore/Marathi Grundig tape collector with whom I had spent considerable time conversing on music - once recalled Ramprasad's KGS concert - early 2000s. "Avappa aDicchu ETri viTTAr anda kutchErila" ( that concert his father had a big role in lifting it up) - talking of Sri TR Rajamani's Mridangam that day. For all that, the former rasika is not well trained in music - occasionally he will open up a vaRNam book to mumble with a bunch of us as we practice kalyANi vaRNam in a group.

Only thing he did though in his College days - he was one of those 8 who never otherwise got to know each other but frequented Mali's concert. satsangatvE nissangatvam ( I mean at least those 8 of them). His childhood was filled with kamalAlayam float with the other TRR's nadaswaram carried over the wind!

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

Shankarank: Your post is very difficult to understand.
And secondly, Ramprasad's father is Rajaram and not TR Rajamani (Mani Iyer's other son).

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

K then I remembered wrong.. but if TRR was the one that usually accompanies he was there!. I am not sure if Rajaram also plays Mridangam and accompanied him.

adambakkam

Re: palghat ramprasad

Post by adambakkam »

Palghat Dr Ramprasad is based in Chennai for a few years now and visits other countries to present on his economics research areas covering poverty, gender economics and public health working with UN, WHO and the likes.
Recently he was in the US and I had the opportunity to attend a neraval workshop with him and he simpified it so that every attendee went out with a solid understanding of neraval structure, development and new found appreciation of listening to neravals.

Looking forward to listening to him while visiting Chennai. If someone has his concert audio from his vani mahal concert on 8/20 kindly post it in concert reviews.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

This vidwan Palghat Ramprasad is coming up with an app called Zeekh which has algorithms for better kutcheri.

On one hand ,While rasikas like me are looking at pristine music and only pray for more absolute time for a concert putting technology aside .
On the other hand , may be there is a value with this app as human imperfection of recollecting and remembering may get overcome by App.
Any case I donot expect the musicians to use the app during the course of a concert ;) .

https://www.pressreader.com/india/the-h ... 5011551532

rads47

Post by rads47 »

@ rajeshnat
Song requests can be made before the concert too