Dr. Sreevalson Menon

Carnatic Musicians

rajeshnat

Re: Dr. Sreevalson Menon

Post by rajeshnat »

Jayan
Nice one , what does manorama music mean ? I have some idea but prefer to hear from you. He is a very talented he sings one concert in Academy evening slot , that is it. He needs far more recognition for his musical maturity.

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

delightful or lovely or entertain. Manorama is a daily Malayalam newspaper; I guess, they have a weekly magazine too both published from Kottayam (Kerala)

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

A pretty good q and a with vidwan Sreevalson Menon
http://www.thehindu.com/features/friday ... 021790.ece

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Right now at 09:30 on oct 21 ,2017 Podigai is telecasting Sreevalsan Menon concert . I think it is relayed in 5 southern states . Dr Menon wrapped up a hameerkalyani of Swati tirunal and right now is in Todi - emi jesithe .Tune to hear this rare and brilliant musician.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

I had no clue about Kumaran asan . But I know for sure that Dr Sreevalsan will do a spectacular job in singing for this movie. I wish him the best as he steps in also an actor . Great classical movies is need of the hour. From the review of The HIndu, dated April 2022.

A phenomenal vidwan hopefully acts well and more importantly let every one like the movie. Also best wishes for his future direction aspiration

https://www.thehindu.com/entertainment/ ... 1.ece/amp/

arasi

Post by arasi »

Rajesh,
Yes, we have missed his good music for a long time.
Good luck to him on the movie. He has everything going for him for that role. In this picture, he looks even younger. I have not seen him without a mustache until now. He's just the right person to play the role of Kerala's celebrated poet, with his fine sensitivity as a musician and as an educator. Good luck to him.
Hope the film comes with sub-titles and is a success :)

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Today is Day after Deepavali. Incidentally state of TamilNadu and many companies have given a day off,something very similiar to Day After ThanksGiving Day of USA.

The joy of Day After Deepavali can be spent with Menon along with his guru Neyyantikkara with the song of one and only Dikshitar, we associate this masterpiece with Deepavali .

Great Guru Neyyantikkara is no more with us . I did not know that he was a student of Ramnad krishnan for many years , i only knew he was semmangudi student . Dr Sreevalsan Menon is a singer of extraordinary repute , i will keep him in my top 5 male musicians of today who are performing with vigour like Suryaprakash, Abhishek, Sanjay, Vijaysiva etal and few more. It is sad that Sreevalsan Menon is settled in kerala , we all miss his music in chennai. With patrons like Late Nadopasana Srinivasan , Late Safe Ramabadran the search for talent outside TN has bit died down. Dec Season is way too crowded , few like Menon did miss out, hope it overturns from 2022 ...

TIll then all of you hear this Neyyantiikkara - Sreevalan as comparable to Semmangudi-TM Thyagarajan (I have not heard any duet of Semmangudi-Neyyantikkara, if there is please put it in semmangudi thread ) or bit more closer like Maharajapuram Viswanatha Iyer -Maharajapuram Santhanam.

Meenakshi Memudam - Poorvikalyani (gamakakriya )- Muttuswami Dikshitar by Neyyantikkara Vasudevan and Sreevalsan Menon , who will connect you with this magnificent three -Madurai-Deepavali- Dikshitar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RKn_odrjSg

Happy Day After Deepavali, let me be the first person to coin the term Day after Deepavali like Day After thanksgiving

arasi

Post by arasi »

Yes, why not 'the day after dIpAvali'? After all it's one of our most important festivals celebrated all over India and elsewhere.
Here in the US, when Obama was president, there was a celebration in the White House, and a stamp was released to mark it. We can't have enough of good things happening in this world of ours.

Yes, Neyyathinkara Vasudevan and his student Srivalsan Menon are notable. Is Menon singing during the season in a few sabhas? He is busy with his other musical projects, from what I have read. If I make it to the season (a short one), I do hope I can catch him, after a long while.