sriram parthasarathy

Carnatic Musicians
rajeshnat

sriram parthasarathy

Post by rajeshnat »

Sriram Parthsarathy : Known more for his playback singing besides him being a carnatic singer.He is the disciple of Neyveli santhAnagOpalan . Here is a nice and crisp review by our uday. Kicking off a new topic with Uday :grin:

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/che ... 188884.ece

uday_shankar

Re: sriram parthasarathy

Post by uday_shankar »

I had never heard him or heard of him before Hindu assigned me his concert (I am a reluctant reviewer, may be just one or two more for the season :)).

I was pleasantly surprised by the brilliance and relaxed good nature of the man. The kutcheri left a nice aftertaste and I went home with pleasant and good thoughts about Sriram and his music :).

I wish him success and hope he rises to great heights in Carnatic or any other field he chooses.
Last edited by uday_shankar on 12 Dec 2012, 19:35, edited 1 time in total.

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

He is a disciple of NSG and his father, a wonderful vainika named (Veenai) R. Parthasarathy.
Sriram Parthasarathy is immensely talented. He does have a career as a playback singer in the movies (and a rather good one, I am told).

btw, nice review Uday. But I thought you really disliked the word "rendered", except when it comes to graphics cards ;)

here is a clip of him playing veenai with his father: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCfuzI1rxEY I just love the behag they are rendering.

uday_shankar

Post by uday_shankar »

Ramesh
Thanks. I guess like some crotchety old man, my peeves are well known! Well, unlike other crotchety old men, I am open to my arm being twisted (I hope). I've become an agnostic as far as the word "rendered" is concerned :).

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

Well, unlike other crotchety old men, I am open to my arm being twisted (I hope)
and having your leg pulled, which I was doing (very respectfully, of course).
Looking forward to your other reviews this season.

gs

Post by gs »

A couple of years back, Sriram Parthasarathy was sitting in the same back row as I was, for a Manda Sudharani concert. Sitting along with him were a few West Mambalam friends who were disciples of TNS and discerning rasikas. When I later asked them who that guy was, they said, "Sriraam Parthasarathy" and went on to say he will be the next best thing in Carnatic Music. I didn't get an opportunity till MFAC concert.

Chanced on "Sriram Parthasarathy" in kutcheris.com Checking him out in youtube took me to his kumudhakriya video and to Mylapore Fine Arts. Both were impressive. He is having just one more concert on the 31st at Bharat Kalachar. I hope not, but, possibly he prefers make his fortune else where. Kuldeep Pai is another talented youngster who simply dropped out of the scene.

As regards, long thukkada session, I believe, he was under the impression he needed to wind up the concert at 5.45 pm instead of 6.15. JV said something to him after tani. It must be time availability.

Pratyaksham Bala

Post by Pratyaksham Bala »

The link given in Post #1 has become obsolete.
Here is the new link that works.
http://www.thehindu.com/features/friday ... 373989.ece