Pantula Rama

Carnatic Musicians
rshankar

Re: Pantula Rama

Post by rshankar »

Wonder if Sivakami was able to attend... the RTP seems lovely- I’m sure there was a ragamalika section as well.

So, is it the writer’s error, or an efitor’s erroneous fix that changes the words of SrI Sethu Madhava Rao’s and SrI PD’s compositions?

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

Another excellent and emotional concert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RzQKcFGII4&t=2095s

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Congratulations to vidushi Pantula Rama. She truly deserves the coveted Indira Sivasailam Award. Award announced on 11th September ,2019 in The Hindu
https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/ch ... 386844.ece

Also i see that as it is 10th year even accompanying artists are recognized . I am assuming this will be a recurrent feature from this year 2019 onwards. Kudos to RKSK, JV and Bhagyalakshmi(morsing). One of the finest gestures of a corporate entity Amalgamations headed by Indira Sivasailam daughter to systemically recognise deserving artist(s).

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Congratulations to the vidvAns and vidushis recognized!

arasi

Post by arasi »

Rajesh,
You couldn't have brought better news. One of my favorite artistes is receiving this prestigious award. RamAgAru richly deserves this honor. Sriramkumar and J Vaidyanathan highly deserve their awards as well--on their own merits and in being representatives who continue the musical tradition of their families. It's DKP's centenary year as well :) Upa pakkavAdyam award too from this year. I'm so happy for Bhagyalakshmi. Another instrumentalist continuing her family tradition...:)

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

Very good news.An eminent Vidushi and not from Tamil Nadu has been duly recognised by the Indira Sivasailam Foundation.
Congratulations to all the artists Pantula Rama,RK Sriram Kumar and J Vaidyanathan and Bhagyalakshmi.