Madurai Sundar

Carnatic Musicians
rajeshnat

Madurai Sundar

Post by rajeshnat »

Madurai Sundar follows a very traditional style of music . His aunt Smt anantalakshmi sadagopan taught him music in his early days and then he groomed significantly with he being tutored byMadurai TN Seshagopalan. Since he is a resident of US, we cannot hear and know about his music - atleast in last few decades.

However he performs in dec season . Here is a review . Did he sing 4 ragas rtp with 4 alapanas , 4 taanam , 4 neraval and 4 swaras (not sure about that, but I would like to know if some one attended the below reviewed concert and clarify the 4 raga rtp)
http://www.thehindu.com/features/friday ... 077467.ece

Sreeni Rajarao

Re: Madurai Sundar

Post by Sreeni Rajarao »

Rajesh,
I do not have anything to say about the RTP. However, I wanted to say that I have enjoyed many of his performances here in Detroit area. He is popular as a Teacher too - many of his students are graduating into performers.

vasanthakokilam

Re: Madurai Sundar

Post by vasanthakokilam »

I knew of Sundar some 30 years back through a common friend when he was working in my area. He had a demanding regular job then as well and he used to get up at 4 A.M. everyday for singing practice for 3 to 4 hours before getting on with other daily activities. That is the level passion he has for CM which affords such a commitment and discipline.