My Guru

Carnatic Musicians
tk

Post by tk »

My guru shri A.S Murali is a multifaceted classical musician, ghatam and a nattuvangam artiste by profession. Born in a family of musicians, he had his initial training under his paternal uncle, vidwan A.K ganesa iyer and smt kalaimamani s.rajeswari. For the past fifteen years he is one of the foremost disciples of very well renowned sangeetha kalacharya ,padmabhushan shri p.s narayanaswamy. In ghatam, he is the disciple of ghatam maestro vidwan shri T.V Vasan. He is also an A grade ghatam artiste in AIR Chennai, since 1994.
He has more than 100 students in both music and ghatam to his credit, both here and abroad. He has an inimitable knack of imparting even the most difficult kritis in a simple manner His demonstrations have always been very interesting and he meticulously handles theory with equal ease. He has always been a supportive master to all his students. He always encourages his students to approach him at anytime for any doubts. He is a Guru par excellence. His pains taking efforts are not limited within time frame. Another important quality is that he understands his students’capability and accordingly brings the fullest out of them. In short, it is not an exaggeration to say that he is an epitome of dedication, devotion and commitment

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

This reads like an ad. Can it stay or be deleted?

chalanata

Post by chalanata »

sri a s murali is a very promising and upcoming cm teacher. not withstanding what is contained in the above post i've heard that he is a genuine and hard working teacher. he is inheriting these from his guru sri psn. psn and murali are not materialistic.

mri_fan

Post by mri_fan »

He also sings for dance, if I'm not mistaken, right?

Sam Swaminathan

Post by Sam Swaminathan »

Chembai

Some times it is necessary to give a bit of "lift" to those who are extremely good but will not do any thing to advertise themselves. Then it falls on those who know him and know what he can do, to tell others to utilise this person's services and benefit from that. Perhaps, Sri A S Murali falls in this catagory. If he is as good as he is projected to be, then, I think people should know and what is better than this medium ?

My two cents worth :)
Last edited by Sam Swaminathan on 06 Jun 2007, 06:25, edited 1 time in total.

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

Well when there are so many Indirect ads
This honest and Direct one should not be deleted.:P

The larger question is whether this can form a thread and continue or should there be a more elegant feature in the forum pages, to put across such information.
Last edited by coolkarni on 06 Jun 2007, 06:33, edited 1 time in total.

Sam Swaminathan

Post by Sam Swaminathan »

Coolji

Well said, I could not have put it any better!!
Last edited by Sam Swaminathan on 06 Jun 2007, 09:24, edited 1 time in total.

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

Fine, I am not against starting a thread on Sri Murali. What I meant to say is the tone of the first post seems to give the impression of an ad, and its full of superlatives. Isnt there a better way to put the same information to make it look more realistic?

thanjavur

Post by thanjavur »

srkris wrote:it's full of superlatives
Do not think there is anything wrong with that. That is how he feels about his guru.
That is what he has expressed here. Each one of us have our own way of expressing
our feelings in our own way and others have their own of way interpreting the same.
Please stop using words like AD (in this case it sounds very offensive). Do not think
rasika TK deserves that.

Thanks
Last edited by thanjavur on 06 Jun 2007, 19:11, edited 1 time in total.

arasi

Post by arasi »

AD can also mean adoration--is what srkris has in mind, perhaps. We are all free to adore musicians and more so our gurus. What he means I think is that we don't go overboard while writing about them. I don't think the guru or guru bhakthi is trivialized here...

arasi

Post by arasi »

As we find often on the forum, when even richly deserving artistes get praised excessively, it doesn't help. Sometimes it comes in the way the reader's own appreciation. As pointed out earlier, there are some deserving figures in CM (as a teacher, in this instance) who shun the limelight because their dedication alone matters to them and nothing else. We need to speak of their worth, no doubt...