Baby Sreeram

Carnatic Musicians
rajeshnat

Baby Sreeram

Post by rajeshnat »

Baby Sreeram is talented vidushi with her most known guru being TM Thyagarajan. Review of her concert
http://www.thehindu.com/entertainment/m ... 421045.ece

rajeshnat

Re: Baby Sreeram

Post by rajeshnat »

Lovely writeup of Dr Baby Sreeram that was published on Feb 14th,2020 in The Hindu. What ever i have heard of her in live concerts , she is a very deep aesthetic musician. One can say there is some magic with every TMT student. As per the article ,she has sacrificed a lot to learn music . No idea on how ragas like Ambasri, Charukuntalam and Amarasenapriya will be, but she has few songs on these rare unknown ragas . IT takes a lot of vidwat to compose swarajathis which she has done too. I am looking forward to hear few of these in future.

https://www.thehindu.com/entertainment/ ... 809617.ece

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

From FB:
Lalitharam Ramachandran
15 hrs ·
Read on about one of my favorite musicians: https://lakshmianand.com/Baby-Sreeram/

Recently I was part of a Sabha canteen conversation when the topic turned to criterion for Sangita Kalanidhi award.

The debate was on whether the award was given to proficiency in performing or as an acknowledgement of possessing what is called as "real gnanam' (Whatever that means)

One of the participant remarked, if the award is given for Gnanam then give it to Baby Sreeram first. There was silent acknowledgement by the rest of the gang.

More power to you Gbaby Sreeram.

https://lakshmianand.com/Baby-Sreeram/? ... oLrZJ9isgw

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Thank you KVC, the above writeup of lakshmianand.com is even more detailed and impressive and it looks The Hindu writeup was only taken from there and is just an abridged version.

Few years back when Raji Gopalakrishnan sang a 4 raga rtp in academy, i was not sure of the fourth raga , I thought it was valaci but as i walked out i asked Baby Sreeram , she said then it is not valaci and there is missing note . SHe could not recollect and tell me then that the raga was mahathi . After i wrote the write up mkr sir clarified after talking with Rajee , the raga that i wrongly identified was mahathi. i donot know baby sreeram but she appeared humble and clear that day.

I have observed few of TMT students are extraordinary tunesmiths . I dont know about OST and veena gayathri , but definitely vidushis Baby Sreeram and Rajee Gopalakrishnan are very gifted when they just like that come with pallavis or krithis. Every TMT student is very deep in knowledge . I am making an assumption that most of her tunesmith capabilities that Baby Sreeram got was from TMT. Great guru and a great sishya.
Last edited by rajeshnat on 14 Feb 2020, 13:08, edited 1 time in total.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

In the above link there is a video snippet where Vidushi Baby sreeram sings her own composition Maathavan MaruganE in the rare Raga Charukuntalam – Charukesi without the panchamam. Lovely composition ,not just TMT but also TRS swaraksharam breeze is there

I also have to disagree with her when she says "“I don’t go seeking name or fame – rather, I should not lose what I have. I also firmly feel God will take care of things as needed.". I guess this kind of philosophy is good bit later in stage , but right now with her ideas she has to push herself for atleast say 5 to 10 opportunities in dec season in chennai . IN the last few years she has a slot in Music Academy on a working day Morning , you either hear her there or lose one more year to hear her again in next academy morning slot. Positioning and marketing herself like say 50 percentile of her peers like Sudha Ragunathan and/or Aruna Sayeeram will not be a bad idea at all, she is perhaps at her musical peak as we speak.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

rajeshnat wrote: 14 Feb 2020, 12:54In the above link there is a video snippet where Vidushi Baby sreeram sings her own composition Maathavan MaruganE
mAdhavan, right? Even if we could argue that mAdhavan is also mAtavan!