Balasaraswati

Carnatic Musicians
rajeshnat

Balasaraswati

Post by rajeshnat »

Balasaraswati
------------------
Well I am at times so confused ,possibly to make up my mind as to who is the greatest vocalist in the golden era atleast the top 3 finalists in my head are mmi ssi and gnb . But in the world of dance which i practically no nothing , i think the consensus with many is Balasaraswati. Rasikas of dance swear the abhinaya of balasaraswati is just way beyond many in terms of artistic perfection.

Today Feb 09th,2018 in The Hindu there has been a series of great writeups on balasaraswati. As a layman I dont find her having that great looks which I thought was a mandatory prerequisite for dance , but perhaps she brought in so much divinity and perfection. I recollect few posts from vgovindan sir proclaiming that balasaraswati dance is even more fulfilling than even best of music. I was not born in that era and I dont have that much rasanai for dance, dance is even more accquired taste than cm.

All said the series of writeups is just wonderful in The Hindu. Atleast today The Hindu was like Sruthi magazine with balasaraswati coverpage with plenty of curated articles most of them are superb. Balasaraswati centenary special articles in

http://www.thehindu.com/entertainment/d ... 691372.ece