M. Chandrasekharan

Carnatic Musicians
arasi

Re: M. Chandrasekharan

Post by arasi »

A vidwan who deserves our admiration for all his praiseworthy qualities well described by the speakers on this occasion. Good health and many more years of music to him--in keeping him and the rasikas happy.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Write up of shri MC 80th birthday celebrations in academy followed by chitraveena ravikiran concert writeup dated july 20,2018 in The Hindu.
https://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/t ... 468392.ece.

Can some one tell me if MC mAma became completely visually handicapped even at a young age or was it a shade where he could see somewhat and then there was progressive loss ? Kudos to him and the way he has looked forward .playing from the year 1949- completing 70 years of intense play . Some one like Manirathnam should take a movie with his biography theme, especially not just him few more pointers on his mother charubala mohan? In school was inspired by Hellenkeller and his teacher , as of now there is M Chandrasekaran Mama right before us playing violin .

Ramasubramanian M.K

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K »

Well-deserved celebration of an artist of indomitable courage and poise and equanimity.

When our family decided to celebrate my late father K.S. Mahadevan's centenary in 2013 at the KGS,MC wanted to be one of the key speakers. In his speech paying a. tribute to my father mentioned something that we were not fully aware.

In 1952 my father arranged MC to accompany(perhaps his first big concert in Bombay) Sathur Subramaniam. MC took Bombay by storm and completely overshadowed Sathur (it was his First concert in Bombay as well!).My mother and MC's mother were good friends from their Calcutta days. A humble person not wallowing in self-pity, he remarked in Tamil" Adai Ellam Marakka mudiyuma"(How can I forget such opportunity). Another great feature is his readiness and willingness to accompany a newly-minted artiste or an amateur singer in a chamber concert.

Wish him many more years of playing!!

parivadini

Post by parivadini »

A nice video on MC sir: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ITUc9dNe-g

I made a small blog entry based on it:

இன்று காலை வயலின் வித்வான் ராகுல் சங்கீத கலாநிதி எம்.சந்திரசேகரனைப் பற்றிய காணொளியை அனுப்பியிருந்தார்.

கிட்டத்தட்ட ஒருமணி நேரம் ஓடும் அந்தப் படத்தை நிரப்பியிருக்கும் சந்துரு ஸாரில் கள்ளமில்லா சிரிப்புக்காகவே படத்தைப் பார்க்கலாம்.

அவர் வாசித்த பல கச்சேரிகளை நேரில் கேட்டிருக்கிறேன். அவர் வாசிப்பு இருக்கட்டும், மேடையில் அவர் தோற்றமே களை கட்ட வைத்துவிடும். வித்வான் என்பதைவிட முதல் ரசிகர் அவர். படத்தில் திரு.சேஷகோபாலன் கூறியுள்ளது போல, ஒரு நல்ல சங்கதிக்கு முதல் அங்கீகாரம் சந்துரு ஸாரிடமிருந்து வந்துவிடும்.

நான் அடிக்கடி விரும்பிக் கேட்கும் வோலேடி வெங்கடேஸ்வருலு கச்சேரியில் சந்துரு ஸார் வாசித்திருக்கும் பூர்விகல்யாணியை அவர் வாசிப்புக்காகவே பலமுறை கேட்டுள்ளேன். அளவுக்கு மீறாத அமுதம் அந்த ஆலாபனை. கிட்டத்தட்ட பதினைந்து வருடங்களுக்கு முன்னால் திருவையாறு உற்சவத்தில் அந்து நிமிடத்துக்கும் குறைவாய் அவர் வாசித்த கல்யாண வசந்தம் அந்த மணல் தரையில் கூடியிருந்த ஆயிரக் கணக்கானோரை சொக்கிப் போக வைத்ததை இன்றளவும் மறக்க முடியாது.

இந்தப் படத்தில் மின்னல் கீற்றாய் ஒலிக்கும் அந்த சின்ன ஆபேரியும் இன்று அந்தக் கல்யாண வசந்தத்துடன் சேர்ந்து கொண்டது.

இந்தக் காணொளியை ஆவணப்படம் என்பதைவிட ஒரு கொண்டாட்டம் என்று சொல்லத் தோன்றுகிறது. கொண்டாட்டத்தின் நாயகனை நமக்களித்த சாருபாலா அவர்களுக்கும், அந்தக் கொண்டாட்டத்தில் என்னையும் சேர்த்துக் கொண்ட ராகுலுக்கும் நன்றி.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Violin Lover (viloiinist R Raghul) and all others whom I donot know
Accept my heartiest congratulations on the video. In school in 8th or 7th standard there used to be a chapter HelenKeller where she is helped by a teacher by name Anne Sullivan (not very sure of teacher name). I recollect the teacher took helenkeller to a tap for her to be taught w a t e r. I guess smt charubala mohan, mother of MC mama must have done the same and gave us this great vidwan chandru sir.

The range of musicians all the way from MVI-GNB (ancient era) to early medieval era (TRS, BMK,Santhanam, Somu, you missed mentioning SKR etal ) to late medieval era (TVS,TNS) and he is still playing for the early modern era (Mandolin srinivas) to late modern era stars as of today. He must go in the history as one violinist who has played for maximum concerts as violin accompanist(taking a guess 70 years of playing averagely 200 per year that is about 14000 concerts).

- For next 3 days , rajesh is a true MC mAMA devotee

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Click on the pic to access the magazine... Indepth article.

ram1999

Post by ram1999 »

Sachi_R wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 15:05 Image
Click on the pic to access the magazine... Indepth article.
Lovely!! Many thanks. A treasure indeed. Started reading from page 33 - on Sri MC!

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Lovely writeup about SHri M Chandrasekaran in The Hindu dated 20th Dec, 2019
https://www.thehindu.com/entertainment/ ... 347446.ece