Thanjavur Murugabhoopathi

Carnatic Musicians
rajeshnat

Thanjavur Murugabhoopathi

Post by rajeshnat »

--------------------------
Thanjavur K. Murugabhoopathi
--------------------------
Thanjavur Murugabhoopathi is a brilliant mrudangam player . Right mix of controlled aggression. His main gurus are T R Srinivasan and then underwent a mini gurukulavasam from Tanjore Upendran Sir . Upendran is the disciple of Palakkad mani iyer and I donot yet know the guru of T R Srinivasan .
His website is https://www.murugaboopathi.com/

Way back in 1986 for my elderly cousin marriage , we had kept vidwan TVS for the marriage concert . I donot recollect anything other than TVS singing . Our family had the below photograph which i am sharing with you all. I am assuming the violinist is Tiruvallur Parthasarathy(If i am not right someone can correct me). Accompanying vidwan TVS is Tanjore Upendran . I am assuming the youngster in between TVS and Upendran is Thanjavur Murugabhoopathi.Let some one like @mridangam or @erode14 know if I am right with bhoopathi,
Last edited by rajeshnat on 19 May 2019, 11:31, edited 2 times in total.

rajeshnat

Re: Thanjavur Murugabhoopathi

Post by rajeshnat »

Photo taken in 1986 in a marriage concert at madras where the below artists performed

shankarank

Re: Thanjavur Murugabhoopathi

Post by shankarank »

Recall the award that Sri Karaikudi Mani bestowed on him , the year 2002/2003 IIRC as a young vidvan. I had not heard his playing then. His sarvalaghu descent for KBMK's koluvai - bhairavi for neraval@ manasu was a thing to remember in the last visit - 2013 or so.