Sri Kuniseri Krishnamani Iyer

Carnatic Musicians
Sam Swaminathan

Post by Sam Swaminathan »

Sri Krishna mani Iyer was a contemporary of Sri Palghat Mani Iyer. A fantastic mridangam player, unfortunately, did not have the luck of Sri Mani Iyer, but, had a very decent career with AIR, Bangalore. Not much is known about him, outside of Bangalore. I am looking for some recorded concerts where he has accompanied any artist....if some one has it, would you please contact me thru this forum. I would be grateful for any input on this.....regards.....Sam

sankirnam

Post by sankirnam »

Wasnt he the guru of Mannargudi Easwaran?

Sam Swaminathan

Post by Sam Swaminathan »

Yes sir and that is the reason for this request. He is very devoted to his guru so much so, he includes him in offering his regular rituals that he performs for the departed elders of our family ( I hope you understand what I mean, with out going into greater details). When I was with him recently, he lamented the fact that he does not even have a tape of his guru playing, even though he himself has worked in AIR for more than 2 decades. The officialdom is so possessive about their "cache" of tapes etc even employees have no access...I want to do my best to get my hands on one or two tapes of his guru so that Easwarn's mind is at rest.

I would appreciate any help in this area....regards

Pratyaksham Bala

Re:

Post by Pratyaksham Bala »

Sam Swaminathan wrote: 20 Oct 2007, 06:08 Yes sir and that is the reason for this request. He is very devoted to his guru so much so, he includes him in offering his regular rituals that he performs for the departed elders of our family ( I hope you understand what I mean, with out going into greater details). When I was with him recently, he lamented the fact that he does not even have a tape of his guru playing, even though he himself has worked in AIR for more than 2 decades. The officialdom is so possessive about their "cache" of tapes etc even employees have no access...I want to do my best to get my hands on one or two tapes of his guru so that Easwarn's mind is at rest.

I would appreciate any help in this area....regards
Respected Sam,
So sorry; saw your post only now.
It is too late. Anyway, here is what you wanted.

Parvathi, Mysore, has provided a link to Vidushi D.K. Pattamal’s 1976 concert in which Vidwan Kuniseri Krishna Mani Iyer has played Mridangam. The related link is -
http://chowdaiahandparvati.blogspot.com ... m-rtp.html

Audio of the concert is given there. Also the photograph of Vidwan Kuniseri Krishna Mani Iyer !

In the Internet Archive also the audio is available :-
https://archive.org/details/parvathi197 ... Saveri.mp3

Hope someone conveys this message to your dear brother.

Ranganayaki

Re: Sri Kuniseri Krishnamani Iyer

Post by Ranganayaki »

Wow, a 13-year old request!!! 🙏🏻

advaitin

Re: Re:

Post by advaitin »

Passed on this link and post details to Mr Easwaran yesterday. He was delighted and conveys his thanks and regards to you.
Respected Sam,
So sorry; saw your post only now.
It is too late. Anyway, here is what you wanted.

Parvathi, Mysore, has provided a link to Vidushi D.K. Pattamal’s 1976 concert in which Vidwan Kuniseri Krishna Mani Iyer has played Mridangam. The related link is -
http://chowdaiahandparvati.blogspot.com ... m-rtp.html

Audio of the concert is given there. Also the photograph of Vidwan Kuniseri Krishna Mani Iyer !

In the Internet Archive also the audio is available :-
https://archive.org/details/parvathi197 ... Saveri.mp3

Hope someone conveys this message to your dear brother.
[/quote]

Pratyaksham Bala

Re: Re:

Post by Pratyaksham Bala »

advaitin wrote: 11 Apr 2020, 07:23 Passed on this link and post details to Mr Easwaran yesterday. He was delighted and conveys his thanks and regards to you.

Thanks for the initiative !
So happy that the purpose is served.