Sikkil Gurucharan

Carnatic Musicians
raj-123

Post by raj-123 »

Opening a thread for Gurucharan also. I have listened to his Tiruppavai, Tiruvembavai and Kaveri Pattinam. All are excellent. Opening a thread for other rasikas reviews/critiques/comments. He seem to have few albums and not making much news.. Is he active in sabha performances?

bilahari

Post by bilahari »

I don't know about sabha performances, but I listened to him twice in Singapore this year- both were good concerts. He presented a very nice Pakkala Nilabadi and RTP in Shudh Sarang in the former, and a great Mohanam (Kapali) and Varali in the latter (tamil-krithi themed concert). His raga alapanais were very good, and I was especially impressed by his planning. His concerts had a nice mix of rare krithis and well-known ones. He possibly needs a little more azhuttham in neravals and swaras (especially tarasthayi swaras). In about five years, I think he'll be first-rate (assuming he matures).

apasruthi

Post by apasruthi »

He is going to perform in Music Academy on the 30th 1.45 pm slot. Looking forward to attending the same

Apasruthi

Balasubramanian K

Post by Balasubramanian K »

hi, charan you will sing bajaray manasa on 14th at bangalore ramesh

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

raj-123 wrote: Is he active in sabha performances?
To me he has already reached the senior slot , all slots excepting music academy he had got prime evening concert slot in the last kutcheri season. Also he is able to get top ranking accompanist to play for him. I attended only one in the last concert series in kalakshetra last season , his RTP in keeravani , his first shree ranjani (IIRC varnam by pApansam sivan) and he sang a lovely kedaram ananda natana prakAsam, he is sure to become a very popular artist.
Last edited by rajeshnat on 14 Feb 2009, 18:05, edited 1 time in total.

rajeshnat

Re: Sikkil Gurucharan

Post by rajeshnat »

REview of Gurucharan concert in The Hindu dated Dec 15th,2017
http://www.thehindu.com/entertainment/m ... 656844.ece