Vikku VinAyakarAm

Carnatic Musicians
rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

arasi

Post by arasi »

Rajesh,
A nice piece about a great artiste! What an illustrious life!
As you would have guessed, I feel happy reading that his debut performance was accompanying my uncle.
VVS,'s pronouncement came true, and with his penchant for words and his ready wit, Vikku was to him a pearl found in Tutucorin, once a renowned place for sea pearls...

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

very nice article..... I think KGS has done well to honour Vikku this year with the lifetime achievement award.
Arasi, I was not aware that Sri VVS was your uncle. I had the pleasure of meeting your aunt Smt Jayalakshmi Santhanam in Cleveland.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Mahavishnu,
Whereas, I knew your aunt even as a child!
If you go to VVS's thread or the Arasi thread, you will see the connection!

rajeshnat

Re: Vikku VinAyakarAm

Post by rajeshnat »

Interview with Vikku Vinayakaram
http://www.thehindu.com/features/friday ... 585460.ece

Few of my relatives from triplicane have learnt some kind of percussion with a very nominal or zero fees from Vikku and his appa. Their family indeed has a big heart in teaching students.

MaheshS

Post by MaheshS »

You've got to see this. Amazing interview from Sri Lankan channel Shakthi[?]

Interview part 1 of Padma Shri T.H.Vikku Vinayakram

Follow the links for the other two parts. You will not be disappointed.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Today 10th October,2018, i saw an announcement that Shri Vikku Vinayakaram is to be honoured by the Music Academy with a LifeTime Achievement award. We had discussion and few posts when it was announced. There was a mention that vidwans HariPrasad Chaurasia and Prof TN Krishnan will be the chief guests to honor vidwan shri Vikku Vinanyakaram in a function today evening . There was also a mention that some video is going to be screened in Academy. If some one can briefly report that would be nice in a separate thread in kutcheri reviews.

My family in recent past had some connection for many years where many of them grew up in Thiruvallikeni(Triplicane). I am told by few of my relatives that vinayakaram appa HariharaSharma never used to even charge a paisa or minimally charge and used to teach laya lessons to his students . I know atleast one of my relative pursued till half way advanced lessons with him. I am told now Vinayakaram and his other family are continuing that legacy . There is adequate testimony where some second generation students and family of Vikku are really doing well in ghatam and other percussion instruments. Congrats to vidwan Vikku Vinayakram, the life time achievement was awarded to Dancer kamala Lakshminarayan and violin maestro Lalgudi Jayaraman