Trichy Sankaran

Carnatic Musicians
Nick H

Re: Trichy Sankaran

Post by Nick H »

Just learnt that Sri Trichy Sankaran has been chosen as this year's Sangitha Kalanidhi!
Good news is still good news, whether heard early or late :)

cienu

Post by cienu »

An interview with Sri Trichy Sankaran in "The Hindu" is available in the link below :
http://www.thehindu.com/arts/music/arti ... epage=true

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

May I also know who are the leading disciples of TS (Attn: mahavishnu )
http://www.thehindu.com/arts/music/article2834744.ece

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

Rajesh, many of his disciples are based in N. America.
A list (with pictures) can be found here.http://www.trichysankaran.com/bio/teach ... layam.html

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

mahavishnu wrote:Rajesh, many of his disciples are based in N. America.
A list (with pictures) can be found here.http://www.trichysankaran.com/bio/teach ... layam.html
Mahavishnu,
Tx for the link. I also saw just now that his young student sai kaushik, is son of Madurai Sundar.

rananthga

Trichy Sankaran - amazing

Post by rananthga »

I've been listening to many recordings of Sangeetha Kalanidhi TS on the mridangam these days and have been really amazed. What amazes me is the clarity of the strokes, the variety of cholkattu, modulation of the cholkattu and his gumkaram's. His cholkattu has azhuttham - chollus like thi, ta have a special emphasis. His chaappu is outstanding - be it arai chaappu or full chappu. His nadais make you tilt - esp. when he plays chatusram strokes in thisra nadai. Also how he changes nadai from one to another is smooth. (not easy to go to kandam from chatusram).

I know for many of the experts in the forum, I am probably preaching to choir and sharing nothing new :-).

He is truly a role model mridangist and for aspiring ones like me - he's been a source of great inspiration. THANK YOU Sankaran sir. Had he lived in India - I'd have loved to take some lessons from him.

Nick H

Re: Trichy Sankaran - amazing

Post by Nick H »

He comes to Chennai every December. i think he does have students here.

A little bird told me that he and his wife intend to spend more time in India each year in the future. :)
I am probably preaching to choir and sharing nothing new
I'm sure you are! But many of us feel the same. Only thing is, I'm sure we must have a thread[s] about him already. Maybe the moderators may merge.

mridhangam

Post by mridhangam »

Sangita Kalanidhi Trichy Sankaran
-----------------------------------------

Trichy Sankaran sir is really a doyen among mridanga vidwans worthy of praise, laurels and huge following. As members have pointed out about his clarity, azutham and others things TS has achieved mastery over this instrument. In trichy he had rigorous training which included waking up at 4 am to practice for many hours. My aunt who lived next door at the Panju Iyer Stores in trichy used to recall a lot about sankaran sir's practice sessions and his rigorous training. A fitting example of the adage "Hardwork Never fails", TS sir had the good fortune to learn under stalwarts like Puvalur Venkatraman and Palani Sri M Subramania Pillai. If training alone matters, then each and every student learning from doyens become masters. Whereas the sad fact is not so. Each one earns their merit through self discipline, timely guidance and opportunities, and above all Eeshwaranugraham. TS earned all these through patience, perseverence, hardwork, commitment and strict adherence to tradition. He has shown very clearly through his playing that real merit lies in adherence to tradition than mere stage gimmickry. I have never seen him do any stage gimmickry. The greatest asset of his playing lies in his vallinam/mellinam, hard/soft strokes (loose translation though), a joyful mixture of these producing lilting tone both to the artiste on stage as well as the audience. The azutham, clarity can come only through long hours of practice and applying body, mind and soul to the patterns with full concentration. It is not easy but looks easy on performance. Strokes breathe fire, patterns find expressions, melody soothes, beats re-live, layam transcends and his whole playing touches the soul of the entire audience present on the particular day.

I have heard innumerable concerts of TS sir. His commitment to the traditional methods of playing remain unchanged. An example for this can be cited from OST sir's comment which he made about TMT sir. It seems a kriti was taught to OST sir in the 60s and the same kriti was rendered by TMT sir in the 80s without any change in the paataantara. That is the sort of commitment doyens had towards tradition was the point made by OST which can apply to TS sir's playing too. His innovations are within the tradition. His creativity surpasses the common man's imagination but stays within the boundary.

Much can be said about his accompaniment. Right from varnam till mangalam maintenance of the weight of the playing is very important. Of course all doyens have it but special mention should be made to TS sir whose weight increases as the concert progresses. This is a great quality for a mridanga vidwan. A grand fact of TS sir's playing is in the method of accompanying different types of kritis with different kalapramanams. His accompaniment for Ninnujeppakaranamemi manasa in mandari for Lalgudi sir played at Krishna Gana Sabha 1984 is a classic example of vallinam/mellinam. Especially his accompaniment during the anupallavi stands out as exceptionally brilliant. Another example i can cite is a TV recording with DKJ, MSG and TS in which DKJ sir sang Guruvarulum tiruvarulum enakkarulum ganapathiye in khanda chaapu. He has played with full vigour in that kriti without marring the beauty of either the kriti or the layam. His accompaniment to Veena recitals and playing for Tanam stands out as one of the best. One more pre-recorded with S Balachandar, in which TS has played a beautiful, unimaginable tani avartanam for 3/4 idam in Hindolam kriti. TS has known to play outstandingly for kritis like Marubalka, Padavini, Ninnujeppa and the like. Equally adept is his playing for chowkka kala kritis like Janani Ninnuvina, marivere and the likes of swarajathis. I have also observed his pauses are minimal but his vallinam/mellinam compensates for the long pauses that the other mridangists give to create effects. In other words, if one gets the vallinam/mellinam combination of TS, long pauses become redundant and unnecessary. Palani school is famous for accompanying Tiruppugazh compositions and TS is no exception to this. His accompaniment to Paniyin vinduliyagave in Khanda Dhuruva Tala set in faster pace is a classic example. There is also a CD of TS named Count 21 based on the tiruppugazh Kaadi Modi Vaadadu Nool katriduvorum, which contains two tisra beat, one khanda chaapu followed by khanda laghu totalling to 21.

Vidwan Karaikudi Subramaniam used to talk a lot about TS sir and his playing whenever i had a chance to interact with him shows the level of respect TS had with co-musicians.

The title Sangita Kalanidhi earns respect through adorning such persons of calibre and merit.

Mannarkoil J Balaji

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

Beatifully written, Sri Balaji.
Thank you!

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Mods
Can we merge this thread to TS thread in vidwans and vidushis
http://www.rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic. ... 84#p215684

(mod note: Done)

Balaji
Beautifully written,I will pay attention to those concerts that you have mentioned .

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

No discussion of great mridangists can be complete without a few samples of the ever brilliant Prof. Sankaran (a personal favourite for both Semmu and myself).

Here is a vintage TS with Ramnad Krishnan, Lalgudi circa 1970. The sarievvarE mA jAnaki, just drips with the beauty of sahAnA.
https://archive.org/details/RNK-LGJ-TS-1970

semmu86

Post by semmu86 »

Ah, its just a matter of time before this thread got opened up. :D

I have always believed, KVN was best heard with UKS/ Raghu. Not any-more, after having listened to this concert. KVN_MSG_Sankaran Circa 1982, Sastri Hall. The clarity of the sollus sit with a precision of a surgeon's knife. Blistering accompaniment and thani.

Especially loved the part between 37:30 - 38:00, where he finishes the thisram and takes off. The weight, The clarity, The value of each "Num" & "Dhin" is breahtaking to say the least. So beautiful. To play that sollu in such a kAlaprAmANam, with such nonchalance, that too in the fag end of a thani and after managing KVN & MSG without an upapakkavAdhyam support is unbelievable. Even KVN's coughing sits so perfectly aligned to the misra chApu :ymapplause:

https://archive.org/details/05AKSHYALIN ... RANAMTHANI

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

Superb track, Semmu!

Of course, KVN's neraval is top class, goes without saying. Something magical about misra-chapu; it is like it is made for neravals. There are great opportunities for the mridangist to embellish between and within the spaces here and TS does that so well!

Interesting that you bring up the KVN/TS combination, which has received less attention compared to KVN/UKS or KVN/Raghu. I think TS has indeed played fewer concerts for KVN than the other two stalwarts, perhaps due to geographical limitations. But every one that I have heard has been riveting to say the least. TS himself considers his concerts with KVN to be some of the most memorable ones he has played!

Another great one that comes to my mind is the one that was screened at the rasikas.org function for TS, which is KVN's "Evarikai" in devamanohari. TS's vallinam-mellinam exposition in that is superb as well.

semmu86

Post by semmu86 »

Thats a great concert with "piravA varam thArum" as main. By any chance is the full video available of that concert?

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

Unfortunately, I have not seen the full video. Nothing on youtube either.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

semmu and Mahavishnu
For many years listening to UKS and TS gives me always goosebumps . I have some kind of mental model where i think Shri TS has got bit more calculated aggression (especially during tani) than UKS, whereas Shri UKS has a little more sunaada naadham than TS. Is that observation OK or am i way off in generalizing.

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

Rajesh, they are from different schools, so a direct comparison of the kind you speak of is very difficult. Fingering techniques, thoppi usage, the kanakku arrangements and the nadai amaippu/development are also very different, reflecting the PMI/PSP bAnis respectively.

Perhaps Semmu can provide better insight.

semmu86

Post by semmu86 »

I thought we left this activity abruptly. Thought of reviving it again, when i heard this "Unbelievably out of the World" thani today morning. Even though this thani is quite famous in the public domain, still thought of sharing it. Personally for me, this should go down as arguably the "greatest of all time thani" that Vid. Trichy Sankaran has played.

https://archive.org/details/RKTVTSNarayanaswamy

- Impeccable form of TS. Considering that this concert was in 1965, TS must have been around 22-23 years old that time.
- At such an higher kAlapramANam, the play the kind of sollus that he has played, is simply Jaw dropping stuff.
- The meetu-chapu shuddham, the clarity of the uruttai sollus, the thoppi mastery; All at this express kAlapramANam :: A lesson for generations of Mrudangam artists to come.
- Plain attractive sollu build up. It takes an incredible amount of sAdhakam, just beyond imagination, to achieve such mastery.

cacm

Post by cacm »

In my opinion the publicly available LGJ-N.R- R.R.-TIRUCHY SANKARAN NYC 1971 CONCERT HAS HIS BEST EFFORT. This effort while great to me is equivalent to many others- one with Harishankar for SEM SECOND BEST- & SEVERAL AT MFAC WITH LGJ GREAT ALSO bec LGJ knew how to give thani at RIGHT PLACE!....VKV

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

Semmu, thanks for that link. Yes, the 65-70 concerts of TS before he left for N.America are all superb! And he accompanied a wide variety of artistes then (MDR, SSI and RK), each very different to play for.

VKV, not only is TS's performance in that 1971 concert amazing, but I would probably rate that as one of the best CM concerts ever. The swarams for vAtApi and the brilliant chakkanirAja mArgamu are both to die for.

Incidentally, TS is giving a lec-dem on this superb and rich topic of tani avartanams this season. Details below. I will be there fighting for a seat in the first row (after battling cross town traffic).
Monday 30th Dec: 8:30 AM
Lecture Demonstration
An ideal approach towards structuring tani avartanam
Trichy Sankaran (Mrdangam) Sri Parthasarathy Swami Sabha
Vidya Bharathi Kalyana Mandapam (Chennai)
He is also giving a lec-dem on historical and modern perspectives on tisram/chatusram at the Academy. But unfortunately, I cannot attend that one due to other travel commitments. Semmu, if you attend this, I would be much obliged if you could post a report. I have heard TS talk (on a few occasions) about keezhkAla tisram and his guru's unique contributions to this nadai development; but I would love to hear what his take is on how this has evolved over the years.

cacm

Post by cacm »

Dear Mahavishnu,
We are taking efforts & planning to celebrate & commemorate this event early next year in you know where! VKV I AGREE THAT if I have to CHOOSE ONLY ONE CONCERT IN ALL THE YEARS OF MY LISTENING THIS HAS TO BE CHOSEN AS THE BEST; MAYBE we shd. start a poll about this. So far at least 1 dozen persons have chosen this concert as BEST FOR BRILLIANCE AS WELL AS JOINT EFFORT BY THE EFFORTS TO MAKE THE CONCERT FOR THE AGES.As they stayed in my house the days before the concert I was privy to the preparations. IT WAS ZERO ie ZILCH! ATOTAL OF 2 MINS DISCUSSION BETWEEN T.S. & R.R. ON HOW TO END THE THANI! I was CONTINUALLY AMAZED & SHOCKED THRU' OUT THAT '71 TOUR AT LGJ& N.R. MESHING THE WAY THEY DID without even DISCUSSING what they were going to do! I USED to think that a rendtion by Alathoor-Chowdiah- PSP & ANOTHER BY MMI-LGJ-CSM of CHAKKANI RAJA were the best till this came along!My month long vacation to drive them around ditching the very intense schedule bound Moon Landing was well worth it!....VKV

alpajnani

Post by alpajnani »

cacm wrote:In my opinion the publicly available LGJ-N.R- R.R.-TIRUCHY SANKARAN NYC 1971 CONCERT
Is this on Sangeethapriya? If so would be great if someone could point me to the right ID #.

Thanks,

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

Alpajnani: I believe this concert is on Sangeethapriya, but it might be one of the public domain recordings that has some hissing background noise.

We discussed this concert at length some time ago here: http://www.rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19956 I believe Varsha posted a better recording. The link should be in that thread.
We are taking efforts & planning to celebrate & commemorate this event early next year in you know where!
VKV sir: I look forward to it!

Gumkhi

Post by Gumkhi »

one of Sankaran mama's finest ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl74M03i9E0.
Many thanks to the uploader.
What a rendition by the great MDR. And mind blowing accompaniment at such a difficult tempo[both fast & slow at the same time]. The way he embellishes takes the song to dizzying heights. The phrases he plays for anu pallavi & the way he fills the gap before MDR starts with "Ibha Rajendarudu" in charanam shows his class. The thoppi modulation & clarity of strokes at this speed are things only Sankaran mama could do.

There are many more gems out there & some famous ones like the ones mention above & airport concert, but in my opinion this one stands out for :
  • Making the mrudangam sing at such a difficult pitch [The low pitch is not the ideal pitch for mrudangam, In general its best heard when pitch is around D or D#]
    Breathtaking phrases & thoppi modulation at a difficult tempo.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Lecdem report of Shri TS. Any first hand reports of this lecdem
http://www.thehindu.com/features/friday ... 557639.ece

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Recent Lecdem of TS in bangalore- Should have been a great left right balance
http://www.thehindu.com/features/friday ... 582117.ece

raghavt

Post by raghavt »

The highlight of this lec-dem was the accompaniment for Padavini... it was indeed breathtaking. My ribcage was vibrating along with the sound of thoppi. Very fortunate to hear that...

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

any chance of a recording?
Purely for academic purposes.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

It is certainly a big brain drain for those in india when TS sir went to toronto. Nice article in Dec 12th,2014 of this great star
http://www.thehindu.com/features/friday ... ertainment.

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

Thanks, Rajesh. I enjoyed reading that article.
I liked his comments about how today's Carnatic music is widespread but thin... How true!

semmu86

Post by semmu86 »

"Of course, there is a lot of talent. But it is imperative that they put a stamp on their music, without veering away from tradition,”

This was a gem.. So simple, yet a powerful and a deep statement; which is of course easier said than done, which separates "great" artists like him from a lot of other "good" ones. Thx Rajesh for the link.

raghavt

Post by raghavt »

Thanks for the link. Needless to say, Shankaran sir belongs to Master Class. A wonderful teacher too, who teaches students according to their levels.
Thanks

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

A programme on Trichy Sankaran:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Duz8HrFQcLc

varsha

Post by varsha »

https://vimeo.com/197091455
was just introduced to this by a good friend

MaheshS

Post by MaheshS »

varsha wrote:https://vimeo.com/197091455
G.O.L.D.

semmu86

Post by semmu86 »

varsha wrote:https://vimeo.com/197091455
GOLD, ABSOLUTE GOLD!!! Varshaji, thanks so much. Not sure how much listenings will this take :D ;)

maheshram

Post by maheshram »

Ok, trivia question for all of you: Who is the (very able) violinist?

Hint: you very likely watched one of his very close relatives performing on stage during the season if you were in Chennai...

P.S. to my father (Sri MKR), you are not allowed to guess...since I confirmed my guess with you first!

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

Anantha Krishnan, son-in-law of Palghat Raghu and father of mridangam Anantha?

maheshram

Post by maheshram »

Mahavishnu that's correct! Well done!

What a nice treasure this video is.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

mahavishnu wrote:Anantha Krishnan, son-in-law of Palghat Raghu and father of mridangam Anantha?
Mahavishnu/Mahesh
I did not know that misterdangam appa is a misterviolin artist . How his son name Anantha R krishnan and his appa's name Anantha Krishnan. I am assuming may be his name is also having that expanded R krishnan. With the limited video that I saw , the posture was bit like Mullaivasal chandramouli or Delhi Sundarrajan - I do know that was wrong as the timelines cannot match. I was even about to guess may be that was that Hemmige srivatsan, those days even youngsters used to go with really thick glasses.

Who is the guru of the violinist Anantha Krishnan. IS his family also connected in lineage with music before his marriage? Is he still in US or he has moved with his son , he and his daughter in law can give a lovely violin combo concert.

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

Anantha was called Anand in his childhood and that name persists in the family even today. He is named after his grandfather Anantha Rama Iyer and his father was A. Ananthakrishnan. Hence, he is Anantha R(ama) Krishnan (abbreviated from the father). So, it appears that they have the same name.

And who said South Indian names were not complicated!

Here is a short bio of violinist Ananthakrishnan I found of his on an old Sruti/CMANA website: http://www.sruti.org/concerts/1998/ravi.htm
A. ANANTHAKRISHNAN belongs to the shishya parampara of Muthuswami Dikshitar – one of the Carnatic Music Trinity. His earliest music training was in vocal music and violin from his father, Vainika Vidwan Sri Anantha Rama Iyer. He gave his first solo performance at the age of eleven and has since accompanied top level musicians including Dr. T. Vishwanathan, D.K. Pattammal, D.K. Jayaraman, K.V. Narayanaswamy, T.N. Seshagopalan, T.N. Sankaranarayan, Chitravina Ravikiran and Nedunuri Krishnamoorthy. He has performed extensively in India, North America and throughout Europe. He has also learnt Hindustani music from Pandit V.G. Jog. Ananthakrishnan lives in New Jersey and teaches music.
They were studying with Viswa @ Wesleyan at that time. When I lived in Connecticut in the early 90s, Ananthakrishnan was the stock accompanist for all the local concerts by visiting artistes. Incidentally, the person singing pinpAttu is Anuradha Sriram (wife of violinist Sri Sriram Parasuram).

Btw, Ananthakrishnan/raman are very common names among Palghat Iyers. My great-grandfather (Kalpathi Ramanathan's father) was also called Ananthakrishnan. I have several uncles by that name :)

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Mahavishnu
Now it makes sense . I was guessing the expansion of R could be Ramakrishnan it is now confirmed . Usually grandson and grand father will only have the same names. Father and son , I have only seen few of my gounder friends have the same name .

By any chance there is also a vainika ananthakrishna iyer who are gurus of Jeyaraaj and Jeyashri, i remember there was a mention about their muttuswamy Dikshitar -Ambi Dikshitar lineage with this vainika ananthakrishna iyer in one of JJ concerts that I attended. IIRC 10 days back ranjani made a mention about vivek sadasivam the aspiring musician is their grandson. I am assuming there is a kolkata connection as all of them may have grown in kolkata.

My question is the ananthakrishna Iyer vainika the same one ?

Ramasubramanian M.K

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K »

Rajesh/Mahavishnu: Another trivia--Ananthakrishnan accompanied DKP's tour of the US in the late seventies-In the NY concert he played so ably that DKP complimented him(apparently he had not accompanied her earlier!!)-I am not sure he was married at that time.

In this video--my son Mahesh had sent me earlier--Ananthakrishnan plays a subdued accompaniment--that is his nature--a great self-effacing artiste who has by choice kept himself away from the limelight much to music lovers' loss.

Re'Sankaran's playing(this concert must have been in the late seventies or early eighties) rises uptoViswa Sir's challenges. The one thing I was not too pleased with was his playing in the "mel Kalam" in certain portions for the Padam(or Javali?) in Khamas Jana Ro(this is the Dhanammal family's treasure) and Viswa Sir in his vocal singing has deliberately chosen the low tempo as it befits the piece. I concede this was during his(Sankaran's) early years in North America and as such he was stimulated by Viswa Sir's rendering--perhaps the exuberance could have been curbed!!!

Ofcourse nowadays he plays with so much restraint and sukham and one can see he enjoys it thoroughly. His Guru Palani Sir would have been immensely proud.
TRIVIA: During Radha's marriage(MSAmma) the reception concert was by Semmangudi Mama,TNK Sir,Palani Sir AND Sankaran(Palani sir wanted a double mridangam(which in the late Fifties was not conventional!!!). It was held in the Kalki gardens--jam packed (to be expected!!) and Semmangudi Mama can be heard saying Sabash whenever Sankaran played .(Sankaran was about 16/17)

CIENU: Any chance if there is a recording available? Obviously you were not even a glint in your Father's eye!!!!!!!

maheshram

Post by maheshram »

I aslo recall one memorable concert in NY at our Hindu Temple in Flushing many years back, where Ananthakrishnan Mama accompanied Nedunuri Garu - it was a superb concert (can't remember the mridangist).

I also recall (?) that Ananthakrishnan Mama also learned at some point from Lalgudi Mama, maybe that old 'advanced training' type of learning. But I've not seen that in writing anyplace - my dad can confirm if my memory is correct (or he can ask my mother who probably knows better than either of us :lol:

The shankarabharanam response he gives in this video is superb IMO. Not at all pedestrian or ordinary.

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

Ramasubramanian M.K wrote:
Re'Sankaran's playing(this concert must have been in the late seventies or early eighties) rises uptoViswa Sir's challenges.
MKR sir: I think this concert would have been about a decade later, given that Anuradha Sriram is performing backup vocals. She was my senior in high school by one year and I believe she started at Wesleyan in the early '90s. She had already trained with S. Kalyanaraman before she started her graduate work under Viswa-sir.

When I lived in New Haven in the mid-late 90s as a hungry graduate student, the Wesleyan Navaratri concert that often brought Viswa and Sankaran together was the event of the year! If the stars were aligned right, some of us would get invited to the potluck dinner that happened afterwards at Ramnad Raghavan's house.

RE: the concert at Cienu's mother's wedding. My father and his older brother gate-crashed this wedding (totally uninvited, seems to run in the family) just to listen to this concert. They still rave about the young and exuberant Sankaran-sir on that day!

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Between 3M's - Mahesh, Mahavishnu and Mkr sir,
Is vainika ananatha Rama iyer the descendent of Muttuswami /Ambi dikshitar the same person who was the father of violinist ananthakrishnan and also the tutor of Jeyashree and Jeyaraaj? Can one of you please answer?

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

Rajesh: My sense is that A. Ananthakrishnan's grandfather was a disciple of Ambi Diskhitar. More about him here: http://www.revathisadasivam.com/Anantha ... mudhra.pdf (I found this link very useful).

And about the Dikshitar shishya parampara in general here: http://www.carnatica.net/special/dikshitarsishyas.htm

Re: the connection to J & J, I do not know for sure, but I suspect that their guru is more likely to be Anantharama Iyer given their age.

varsha

Post by varsha »

rajesh
you have collected enough info to give the next lecture at the TAG centre , I guess :)

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

All detours on anantha sorted out . My questions on anantha rama and anantha krishna are sorted out and all of the info is there in the new thread on ananthakrishna iyer as in the link below
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=28713

There is only one commonality between trichy sankaran and the sishya parampara of ananthakrishna iyer . We have a rocking Anantha R krishnan who will be racing towards the legend trichy sankaran in mrudu angam.

Back from detour watch the student of Pazhani subramania pillai ,vidwan Trichy Sankaran Sir playing in Kalpathy for the palakkad mani iyer function
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGQAfXfdltg.