Contact address of Smt Radha Jayalakshmi

Carnatic Musicians
Sam Swaminathan

Post by Sam Swaminathan »

Does any one know the contact address of Smt Radha Jayalakshmi ? I know they used live in Saidapet, but that was long ago. Appreciate your assistance in this matter...regards

Soham

Re: Contact address of Smt Radha Jayalakshmi

Post by Soham »

You can contact Priya Sisters at https://m.facebook.com/Priya-Sisters-217975415273/ . I believe they learnt under Radha-Jayalakshmi for 4-5 years and may be able to help you.

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

Dear Soham: Sadly this message is several years too late. Sri Sam Swaminathan unfortunately passed away in 2013.
http://www.rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic ... waminathan

Sri Swaminathan was a pillar of the Rasikas community. We miss him enormously.

harimau

Post by harimau »

mahavishnu wrote:Dear Soham: Sadly this message is several years too late. Sri Sam Swaminathan unfortunately passed away in 2013.
http://www.rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic ... waminathan

Sri Swaminathan was a pillar of the Rasikas community. We miss him enormously.
Not only that, one of the duo also has passed on.

They live(d) in the exurbs of Chennai, somewhere beyond the toll gate off the East Coast Road.

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

somehow, I have a feeling that musicworld is unfair towards certain brilliant musicians like Smt Radha and Jayalakshmi, Kunnakudy vaidyanathan... But so is life also for many..

Pratyaksham Bala

Post by Pratyaksham Bala »

The phone number of the family is given in this site :-
http://www.kutcheribuzz.com/news/genera ... ayalakshmi

jayaraman

Re: parents of Radha and Jayalakshmi

Post by jayaraman »

I could not find the details regarding parents of Vidhushies Radha and jayalakshmi in any of the forums including Wickepedia. I would be thankful if anybody give the details

jayaraman Pudukkottai sankaraiyer

Ramasubramanian M.K

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K »

Jayaraman: They are first cousins--Jayalakshmi's Mom was Mrs.Pattammal--a good Vainika and an A-Grade artiste.Radha's Mom--the elder sister of Mrs. Pattammal--was a housewife.R/J's families lived as a joint family.Both R and J had sisters who were all extremely academically qualifiedBoth of them have a brother,each and were equally talented. Ofcourse none of them took to Music.Both R and J were very well-read--they could recite Jane Austen's novels as well as Louisa May Alcott--one would think they are Literature Honors Graduates.Both were epitomes of grace and civility notwithstanding the celebrity status they enjoyed

In the fifties when they were at their top,our family was very close to the sisters. Myself and my sister used to go to their Saidapet residence during our summer vacation(coming from Bombay)--play cards,carrot,catch a movie(our only chance to "rub" shoulders with celebrities!!). Somehow despite my parents moved to Chennai in the late Seventies,(by that time their concerts were few er) and we just did not have a chance to connect.

In 1990 I met Jayalakshmi at a function in Bharati Vidya Bhavan--I think it was the centenary celebration of Mayuram Viswanathan Sastri--composer of Jayathi Jayanthi Bharata Matha,Samarasabhavana etc when J sang the prayer song.
We reminisced a little but never got together.!!The loss is mine!!!

In all my years of association with Artistes,I have never met a more graceful,warm family like the R and J family!!

jayaraman

Post by jayaraman »

dear sir, very kind of your response in throwing light of the parents of Smts R & J. It seems you happened to be close to their families. Whether they got children? What were their husbands? What were their fathers doing? somewhere I happened to read that one of them was an advocate. Any other in their family other than Smt.Pattammal madam in the music field?.

jayaraman pudukkottal Sankaraiyer (native of Madurai)