Charsur Foundation : Antarkathaa: 21.10.2017

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
Sivaramakrishnan

Charsur Foundation : Antarkathaa: 21.10.2017

Post by Sivaramakrishnan »

The second day of the 3 day Antarkathaa series (at RR Sabha, Mylapore)organised by Charsur Foundation featured 'Muddukrishna' participated by Sriram Parasuram, Nisha Rajagopal and K Gayatri sharing/ singing select songs on the Lord. The illustration of Krishna was done by ace artist Keshav (more popular as the cartoonist of The Hindu). Nishant on violin and Poongulam Subramanian on Mridangam. Harmonium and Tabla accompanists were there too.
Starting with Tirupavai, the rendition included Oothukadu saptaratna Balasarasamurali, Sreevenugopala, sree rajagopala and Balagopala of Dikshitar, Samajavaragamana of Tyagaraja, a Tumri (of course by SP) etc. with suitable narration. The attention of the audience was equally on Keshav who did a splendid painting of Lord Krishna on the canvass much to everyone's delight.

The renovated multistoreyed RR Sabha offered a refreshing ambiance for this unique event.

I wish forumites to offer their additional comments.

Sivaramakrishnan

Re: Charsur Foundation : Antarkathaa: 21.10.2017

The singers did their part well under a perfect anchoring by Sriram Parasuram.

Many were seeing the genius of Keshav at work, perhaps for the first time.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Sivaramakrishnan,
A novel idea by Charsur! Keshav's KrishnAs are beautiful works. It must have been something to watch--a painting in progress while another art form surrounded it all along :)

Can't wait to see the all new R.R. Sabha--the place I frequented as a child in its old avatar! I bet it is going to be the venue for many a season's concert. Wonder which Sabha is making use of this new and improved premises. Indian Fine Arts, Karthik?? Charsur too?

Sivaramakrishnan

Arasi,
Yes, it was a nice experience of 'Oliyum Oviyamum' if I could describe it so!

With three auditoria and basement parking space, RR Sabha is sure to be one of the hot-spots of the Season.