Naada Neeraajanam- TTD TV channel - Daily 6.15 pm

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
kunthalavarali

Re: Naada Neeraajanam- TTD TV channel - Daily 6.15 pm

Post by kunthalavarali »

Specially the Lathangi krithi Vemkataramana.

kssr

Post by kssr »

View the amazing sukanya ramgopal playing kunthalavarali in her ghata tharangam. To be seen to be believed.

kssr

Post by kssr »

Mudikondan Ramesh veena at the moment in svbc. Brilliant. Pls listen.

Sivaramakrishnan

Post by Sivaramakrishnan »

Yes, Mudikondan Ramesh with his daughter Soumya.

kunthalavarali

Post by kunthalavarali »

Nice concert. Sowmya's vocal support added to the quality of the renditions.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

I too enjoyed Ramesh's Sankarabharanam & Namavali Govinda hari govinda in ragamalika.his meettu was sweet.The tani by Chertala AK & PKR was v.g.

Now Gopika Varma's mohiniyattam in progress.nice to watch.was able to sing along esp.the bahudhari swarajathi.was in a good slow tempo.good learning experience.

kunthalavarali

Post by kunthalavarali »

A Narayanan's concert is on. Whose desciple is he? My guess is TNS.

CRama

Post by CRama »

I too heard this concert. Very good.

Sivaramakrishnan

Today's (24 Sep Saturday) program was Haridwaramangalam A K Palanivel (Tavil) and party on a 'Melam, ensemble. It was quite enjoyable.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Today (19 Oct) Gayathri Girish programme is there in SVBC at 6 P.M.

Yesterday V.R Dileep Kumar presented a very good concert. The main was Sreenivasa in Hamsanandi with elaborate alapana, neraval and swaram.

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

A.Narayan is the disciple of S P Ramh who is Lalgudi sir's disciple.

kssr

Post by kssr »

One Smt. Swetha Prasad is presenting a vocal concert at the moment. Very soothing, good music of high quality in all respects. Just concluded Goverdhan Gireesham in Hindolam.
I have never come across her name in Bangalore in all these years. What a loss.
Now Brindaavana saarangapani. Main is yet to come. If anyone can throw light about this artist, it would be nice. She definitely needs attention.

kssr

Post by kssr »

One Smt. Swetha Prasad is presenting a vocal concert at the moment. Very soothing, good music of high quality in all respects. Just concluded Goverdhan Gireesham in Hindolam.
I have never come across her name in Bangalore in all these years. What a loss.
Now Brindaavana saaranga. Main is yet to come. If anyone can throw light about this artist, it would be nice. She definitely needs attention.

kssr

Post by kssr »

Chitraveena Ravikiran at his best. Hamsaanandi followed by detailed Kedaragowla . Now Marugelaraa.

kssr

Post by kssr »

As requested by sitaky.

I remember only few
Paavanaguru Hamsaanandi
Saraguna paalimpa in kedaragowla
Marugelara Jeyantasri
Keeravaani song not known
Behag song unknown
Sree venkatagireesam Suruti

jodha

Post by jodha »

Violin by Mangalampally Suryadeepthi.Below average.a full bench accompaniment.A woman sitting side by sings gritting her teeth and out of sruti at times.

SabashBale

Post by SabashBale »

Not to mention a man putting a double-beat talam for the Narayani Alapana :roll:

kssr

Post by kssr »

Right now Kumari Ananya Ashok is presenting a good concert. Clean sruti alignment, nice voice. Main Hamrkalyani Venkata Saila vihaaraa.
Artist worth following.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Whenever I am India, I try to catch this program in the evening. I am often surprised and pleased to hear some good music from veterans and young artistes alike. If the program isn't my cup of tea, I just switch the TV off.

Here are some of the things which strike me about the program this year:

1: This unwelcome feature is also seen in music halls and some other TV programs. The backdrop or background to the stage has over-ornamentation and glaring colors. Previously, there was a nearly monochromatic effect, sculptures looking simple and calming.

With the new design, there is a riot of colors and flourishes. In a concert, add to it the various colors artistes and even the mrudngam wear!

In a dance recital, it's worse. The graceful movements and postures are barely visible against busy patterns and exploding colors. You get the feeling as if you can't see the performances at all, even though you are seated right in front of the TV!

If only they have a smaller icon (two dimensional) VenkatESwarA and the saints adorning the top of the screen, the plain background would lend a calming feeling for the viewers. If the present images are shifted to FACE the stage, the artistes can view them too, and don't have ho show their backs to them.

2: As for the women announcers, why are they wearing heavy long angavastrAs these days as men wear (which looks nice over their kurtAs)? Looks cumbersome to me!

3: Do appreciate the announcements. However, the running letters do not announce the name of the accompanists at all. You have to wait till the end to hear them announced, if you don't know them...

CRama

Post by CRama »

Of late, I had heard some very good concerts in this programme. Yesterday it was Pantula Rama. Excellent concert as always you can expect from her. Anuragamuleni with neraval swarams, Nannu vidachi with alapana, Main was Geetarthamu with very imaginative raga alapana, neraval and swarams.

arasi

Post by arasi »

CRama,
What a shame! Every day I've been hoping for her to be there before I left India. Yesterday, had visitors till after seven and missed her :(

arasi

Post by arasi »

Just switched TTD on. A dance program is on. A calmer backdrop from two days ago! Is it because this is an old event repeated?? Let me wait and see...

vsarmaiitm

Post by vsarmaiitm »

arasi wrote: 15 Feb 2017, 16:19 CRama,
What a shame! Every day I've been hoping for her to be there before I left India. Yesterday, had visitors till after seven and missed her :(
Arasi ji,
You can still watch it @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-FoDxYJsbA

They are uploading all their programs on youtube @ https://www.youtube.com/user/svbcttd/videos

vsarmaiitm

Post by vsarmaiitm »

Complete monthly schedule is available @ http://www.svbcttd.com/Nani%20Schedule.html

arasi

Post by arasi »

Deleted.
Last edited by arasi on 16 Feb 2017, 19:02, edited 1 time in total.

arasi

Post by arasi »

vsarmaiitm,
Thank you for both posts. I can catch up!

Now the DK family flavor wafting in! Varalakshmi Anandakumar singing...

Vocalist

Post by Vocalist »

arasi wrote: 16 Feb 2017, 18:55Deleted.
:?: Was the original post that different :P

arasi

Post by arasi »

Not really! My ineptitude or my computer playing tricks on me did that (not so perhaps--may be it was my addled mind). So, I deleted one post.

The lesson: always delete the repeated post!

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

Amrutha Venkatesh with M.A.Krishnaswamy, Arjun Ganesh and Dr. Ghatam Karthik today at 6pm.

melam72

Post by melam72 »

RS Nandakumar Vocal concert with Prashanth Iyengar on the veena. I've never heard either, so went in blindly.

Just began with a varnam in Panthuvarali by Mysore Sadasiva Rao. Kudos to Nandakumar for bringing out such a rare varnam and presenting a piece with such panache!

Heard that, Vidwans of Chennai???

melam72

Post by melam72 »

Brova Rada in Varunapriya followed by a round of swarams at pallavi.

A Krithi by the vainika in Hamviru on the Kshetra of the day to follow.

Hearing Nandakumar speak is as sweet as his music. Are you listening, Music Academy ;)

melam72

Post by melam72 »

Mediocre and forgettable music, in conclusion. The krithi was imminently forgettable, and the Balagopala was riddled with sruthi lapses. I think I saw the Venkatachalapathi in the background raise a 'SAVE ME' sign in the background, unable to tolerate his music! His speech too deteriorated in quality, becoming hollow and over-exaggerated.

At least the program ended.

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

I also found the music less than the enthusiasm.
The singer's website:
http://www.brahmavidya.co.in/faculties/dr-rsn/

CRama

Post by CRama »

Melam72, Your three posts are contradicting. You challenged Chennai vidwans and Music Academy in your first two posts and declared the concert as mediocre and good that it ended in the last post. En inda kolaveri.

melam72

Post by melam72 »

@CRama : maamiyar thollai. Heard snatches because Mamiyar was struggling with her laptop, and, as we all know, History teachers are experts at fixing laptops. Heard a remainder, and couldn't take it anymore.

Sivaramakrishnan

Today (24.6.2017) : Veena by Jaishree Aravind.
She is a disciple of Sangita Kalanidhi K S Narayanaswami.
A pure style.

melam72

Post by melam72 »

I caught a lovely Meru Samana with swarams and neraval at Alakala Nomu before I stepped out for dinner. Staying in Coimbatore is not doing her any favours.

kunthalavarali

Post by kunthalavarali »

Sowmya' s Thyagaraja Ramayana is on now.

Sivaramakrishnan

We are really blessed to have Nada Naadaneerajanam everyday evening at the most auspicious time. The Tirumala Tirupati Devastanam /SVBC is doing admirable job to put everything in place for prompt telecast of the daily events. It offers variety as well as coverage of artists from the whole of India The artists are also duly honoured with the divine bonus of enabling darsan of the Lord. Though resources are aplenty, those concerned at SVBC (including the technicians) in organising and airing the music/ dance programmes deserve a big SABASH for their commendable job especially since the events are telecast live.
Musicians consider it a great privilege as they get 'world exposure'. It is an important credential in their bio data.

The signature (title) music with retrospective visuals of the events is excellent.

Om Namo Venkatesaya!

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Sivaramakrishnan, rightly said. 👍

SVBC is one of the few things of reliability and predictability in our musical world.

In comparison, classical music dished out elsewhere on TV is plagued by lack of programming, curating, and quality of presentations. The worst is Sri Sankara TV where they don't think twice about interrupting Nanati Bratuku sung in melancholic Revathi in a garish backdrop with psychedelic lights and poor camera work right in the middle to peddle Ramaraj Silk Vestis ideal for connubial bliss.

However I would love to hear from musicians themselves how their performing experience has been - the arrangements, the audience, the darshan component.

Again hats off to SVBC. I continue to maintain that Tirumala Balaji temple is something every Indian should be proud of.

🙏 Om Namo Venkateshaya 🙏

Sivaramakrishnan

Well Sachi,
One thing the Naadaneeraajanam telecasts need to ensure is the Audio-Video sync. Non-sync affects programmes like laya ensembles in particular wherein it is important that the 'sight and sound of Taala' match perfectly!

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Agreed! But I am living with this problem with almost all videos-YT, websites, and live feeds like SVBC. I don't know what is the errant factor in the chain.
If any media ir URL is playable on VLC (its better implementation is called BS ☺️), it can be fixed during replay by adjusting the video/audio delay.

By the way, just discovered that the SVBC channel has its own Android app with live streaming, with no loss of quality. Also on YouTube.

makham

Post by makham »

Joining the kudos to SVBC, that provides commercials-mukt program for 90 minutes, featuring a good cross section of artistes. I also endorse the brickbats thrown at Sankara TV - interrupting a song in the middle may show lack of sensitivity. What is worse is that they interrupt poojya Sringeri Acharyas' arul vakku in between a sentence to air commercials on cement, coffee and real estate. This is utter disrespect to the Acharyas.

AIR Chennai is also to be commended for broadcasting vintage stuff from their archives - yesterday there was a clean recording of Brinda-Mukta concert with RK Venkatrama Sastry and Coimbatore N Ramaswamy. The recording and airing quality was so good.

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Makham! 🙏

I told a functionary in Sringeri Mutt that breaking up Swamiji's discourse or Pooja webcast for adverts peddling sarees, matrimony meets, dhoti, old age home, gold... was condemnable and should be stopped. He laughed and said, "Come on, we are a commercial channel. Someone is making money through this."

I also reached out to Kamadhenu office near IISc. They hung up on me.

Sivaramakrishnan

Ok friends, tell more about achieving audio-video sync in SVBC telecasts.

sachi, am I to believe that the 'sync-deficency' is the bane of only carnatic music?

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

No, any video recording postprocessed multiple times or put through certain online processes can develop that. It could be multiple reasons, so not only CM.

By the way Nisha Rajagopalan on SVBC just now. No A/V lag.

Sivaramakrishnan

Unfortunately I've come across the problem only in Carnatic music (live) telecasts!

jodha

Post by jodha »

It is a shame on them.In spite of the huge money they have they are unable to correct it for years.Their CEO may be fired.
By the by Nisha sang without much dedication IMO.Her Shubhapantuvarali - Srisathyanarayanam was insipid.The main Kambodhi - majanaki was better.

Sivaramakrishnan

N J Nandini sang on 30 July Sunday. It was a brilliant concert with Oothukadu Venkata Kavi's 'Venugana Ramana' in Todi.

Sivaramakrishnan

Sachi_R wrote: 27 Jul 2017, 18:57 No, any video recording postprocessed multiple times or put through certain online processes can develop that. It could be multiple reasons, so not only CM.
Watch Naadaneerajanam being telecast now ( 03 Aug Thursday 6 pm onwards)- it's a Kuchupudi dance recital (artists: Mungara Sridevi & Chinmayi USA).

Audio-video sync seems to be better compared to music concert.