AIR CONCERTS

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
ganeshkant

Re: AIR CONCERTS

Post by ganeshkant »

SrirAm gangAdharan showcased his maturity that he has gained over these years in his concert today (madras-A,8.45 p.m) supported well by HNB/POONGULAM/SETHURAMAN.The concert was a thematic one of tharangams of nArAyaNatirthA.his opening pantuvarALi AlApanai was well structured and he has restrained much on his aping of GNB which made the performance a much dignified one.he sang n&s here.his second item mAdava mAmava in neelAmbari was sung very well.The main tOdi was v.g.with an AlApanai covering the middle and top octaves beautifully utilizing full potential of his rich voice.It was in roopakam.The starting was some thing like mAmakAparAdam (apologizing for my mistakes) followed by a brisk tani by the duo.The last was gOvardhanagiridhara (in darbAri,I think).But it was announced as JOnpuri.A v.g.concert.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

VidyA kalyANarAman gave a decent concert today supported by padmA sankar,RR & madi.muraLi.
bhArti's song on ganNapati in hamsadhwani with svarams sounded good.sub main bilahari - sri bAlasubhramaNyA and main pantuvarALi - aparAmabhakti where she sang 3 charanams and n&s @ pallavi.the last no.muruhanin marupeyar azhahu in bEhAg was very much soothing.padmA's replies were full of melody.the percussion duo did well too.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Lakshmi rAjagOpAl gave a tradition soaked concert today 8.45 a.m in madras - A supported well by MAK & RR.She covered the trinity in her 1 hr concert which is really laudable.kanjadalAya,sub main harikAmbOdi (rAmanannubrOvarA with n&s @ nEppulakai),kanakasailavihArini-punnAgavarALi,main shanmukhapriyA -marivErE with n&s @ sannutAnga.she ended with a bhArati song.her AlApanais were well structured,measured and she brought out all the mandatory sangatis without failing.MAK's reply of shanmukhapriyA reminded of his iconic uncle MSG.RR let the main artist go her way without any obstruction.the tani was short & sweet.

Sivaramakrishnan

Post by Sivaramakrishnan »

The national prog concert of Nandini Sharma on 6 Jun was very good. Paalinchu kaamaakshi (madhyamavati) was the main. K p Nandini on violin and Nellai Balaji (?)on mridangam plyd well. I have not listened to this singer in chennai. Commendable performance. Unhurried and clear.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

I think Nandini Sharma is well known to bharatanatyam rasikas. She sings for many of the leading dancers.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Today morning Kasturi Rengan presented a v.g concert in the style of his illustrious Guru TNS.He elaborated Varamu for Saaka varamum arulvay of Bharathi and Desi Simharavam for Sree Kanthimathi as Main.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Yes.kasturirangan's concert was satisfactory.his svarams for the opening shriraghukula (hamsadhwani) was good.I heard the varamu song sung by GG a couple of months back in a live concert.hope it was tuned by TNS.the svarAksharam in sAgA is conducive to the tuning in varamu.When artists take up hEmavati or dEsisimhAravam why the choice is sree kAnthimathim in 99 % of the cases? I don't know.hariyuvatim hEmavatim,ennai kAtharuLvadhubAramA and this particular kriti sivanukkiLayasEYE I have heard only once in a (radio)concert by G.srikAnth.my mother sings this and so it is close to my heart and it is to her also as this is the song she sang in her own nalungu when she got married in 1947.she knows many kritis.the reason for this particular song ? my father's name is subharamanian and he is younger son to my grandparents.what a soft romance ! Though I often hum sreekAntimathim since my mother is named after the deity I also would like to listen the other kritis in this rAgAm at least once in a while.Incidentally the kant in my name was derived from my mother's name.

SGC gave a brilliant concert today supported by meerA,shertala AK and nerguNam.all tamizh songs.he sang many songs in this 75 mts.concert.his sub-main sAramati (a DdEsikar song) and main vazhimaraikudhE in tOdi were excellent.opened with a PS song in bEgadA,thirupuhazh in poorvikalyANI,a vaLLalAr song in sumanEsaranjani and there was a bhArati song also.the accompanists supported well.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Sikkil concert was very good. The opening song was Gana rasamudan in Begada of PS. Vazhi maraithirukkude - in Natakurinji is close to my heart. When there are many songs in Tamil in Thodi, why to sing this in Thodi. Neverthless I liked the concert immensely.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Vazhimaraithirukudhe was being sung in todi only it seems.If I remember correctly in the film nandanAr DD sang this in todi only.the change to nAtakurinji would have happened later.TMK,RSP and few others sing this in todi.The todi version is not bereft of emotive appeal.

Today in isaipettaham an unheard concert of TKG with MSG/kAraikudi was aired.raghuvaranannu-pantuvarALi and jesinadella in tOdi were the sub main and main.a PD song in rAgamAlikA was the last item.a great experience listening to this concert.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Yesterday in FM Gold 5 PM, there was the concert of MR.Subramaniam who seems to be a disciple of KVN.Song list- Athmavana Ganapathiye-Hamsadhwani, Devadeva jagadeeswara, Raman ezhundarilinan-Anandabhairavi, Pogadiralo Ranga- a typical KVN list and style with vishranti and repose. But he is not seen in the concert circuit. May be settled abroad.

Yesterday night Visalakshi Nityanand gave a very good concert. Evarimata as main.

Today morning in Podigai TV, there was the Veena concert of Ananthapadmanabhan and his son Anand Kaushik. Excellent concert. He is from TVM and working in AIR Thrissur. A great Guru in Thrissur with hundreds of sishyas. Song list- Enda muddo, Manavyala with elaboate alapana and swaras, Ennalu oorage as main. The concert has been uploaded by TVG.

Sivaramakrishnan

AIR Trichy is broadcasting a tutorial programme on the basics of CM starting with Sarali varisai. It is aired biweekly on Fridays and Saturdays 8.30-8.45 a.m. The producer is of course noted violinist (of AIR) Sri.TV Ramanujacharyulu who teaches the lessons vocally with violin demo to enable the lady student to repeat the phrases. It was Jhampa tala alamkaaram yesterday. The prog qualifies to be carried in TV as taalams need to be 'seen' also. A very good initiative.

vsarmaiitm

Post by vsarmaiitm »

Chennai "A" 29-June-2015 8-45 am
krithis from tyAgarAja prahlAda bhakthi vijayam opera

Smt.Parupalli Sujana-vIna
Sri R.Narayanan-mrudangam
Adambakkam Sri K.Shankar-ghatam

01-shrI_gaNapatini_sEvimpa-saurAshtram-tyAgarAja
02-viSNu_vAhanunDidigO-shankarAbharaNam-tyAgarAja
03-anduNDaka_nE_vEga_vaccEdani-kAmavardhini-tyAgaraja
04-callarE_rAmachandru-Ahiri-tyAgarAja

Thanks to Sri. TVG it is on sangeethapriya- S.No.3861 - Concert ID:01-C3923.
http://www.sangeethamshare.org/tvg/UPLO ... ana-Veena/

mridhangam

Post by mridhangam »

Pls listen to Dr R Vedavalli with vocal support by Sumithra Vadudev and V L Kumar violin; Mannarkoil J Balaji mridangam and vaikom Gopalakrishnan on Ghatam at AM channel on 15-7--2015 at 8:45 AM. Vinjamuri Varadaraja Iyengar special programme.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Thanks for that info.mridangam. Will not miss it.

mridhangam

Post by mridhangam »

Members

Shri TVG has uploaded at Sangeethapriya.
The link is given below

http://www.sangeethamshare.org/tvg/UPLO ... positions/

Mannarkoil J Balaji

jodha

Post by jodha »

Maharajapuram Ganesh Viswanathan presented a good concert in FM-Gold 5-6 p.m slot,accompanied by MAS & Tri.Vaidhyanathan.his picture of latangi(venkataramana) and thodi(kadhanuvariki) were neat.he has a good voice that displays maturity.If he can slow down his pace a little bit his sangeetham will display more azhutham like his illustrious grand father.he sang enakku vendum varangalai in nattai as the first item with good set of svarams.

Aditto

Post by Aditto »

varsha wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/listen/0531p4m ... garAja.mp3

A sample of gems only available at AIR. Members free to guess the artist and or rate the track.
In todays world where flamboyance is confused with a host of other virtues ,these kinds of tracks take 10 out of 10 in my books.
Glory be to AIR !!!!

Varsha garu,

Can you please share this song again.

Meera

Post by Meera »

M.Chandrasekharan gave a classically rich concert today with a voice defying his age.hope he is in his late 70s.Usha Rajagopalan and Thrissur Narendran accompanied.The items were jaya jaay swamin - nata,kaialsanatha -natakapriya(own no.) with a lovely alapanai and usha's return was superb.The main kapali-mohanam followed by a sweet thani.he sang chuttum vizhi chudarthan in sivaranjani as the last item.

akishore87

Post by akishore87 »

Got to listen to a melodious Veena concert by Smt. Revathi Srinivasan on 15th September 2015...Only three songs featured in the concert but it was a wholesome experience...awesome Madhyamavati tanam....Sri Ramiah Vittal and Sri Vaikom Gopalakrishnan provided excellent accompaniment support. I hardly listen to Medium Wave ( Chennai A ) because of lack of time. Another aspect that upsets me is that the music of all leading artists feature in Medium Wave whereas when it comes to FM Gold, there are double standards because 50 to 60 per cent artists who feature in FM Gold are unknown artists. In my honest opinion, there should have been at least one slot in addition to the 5 to 6 slot. Even the prevailing night slot ( Iniya raagam - 10 to 11 ) could have been done away with because most of the days they feature Hindustani Classical music in it. Hope to listen to more memorable concerts from AIR...especially FM Gold

vsarmaiitm

Post by vsarmaiitm »

today evening (4th Nov) at 5 PM, there is a veena concert by Mrs. Sujana on FM Gold Chennai (102.3 kHz).

jodha

Post by jodha »

Yesterday -04/11 9.30-10.45 p.m S.R.Janakiraman gave a good concert accompanied by Dr.narmadha and vaidhyanadhan.The varnam in chandrajothi was v.good.don't know whos composition.his alapanai of natakuranji followed by bhudhamashrayami was full of experience.the main was sankarabharanam.Dr.Narmadha showcased her full talent throughout.her alapanai of natakuranji and sankaarbharanam were of superior quality and full of melody.

Embar kannan solo violin concert today with k.r.ganesh was v.good.the sarasangi he palyed was excellent.jaya jaya padhmanaba sounded beautiful.his short & sweet sindhubhairavi alapanai precede thamboorimeetidava.ganesh palyed well though the thani was bit noisy.

Meera

Post by Meera »

I too listened to SRJ's concert after half an hour.He sang a composition of MD in bhavani which is new to me.It was a good composition.

Jigyaasa

Post by Jigyaasa »

jodha wrote:Yesterday -04/11 9.30-10.45 p.m S.R.Janakiraman gave a good concert accompanied by Dr.narmadha and vaidhyanadhan.The varnam in chandrajothi was v.good.don't know whos composition.
Composition of Sri S.R. Janakiraman in rAga vandanadhAriNi

nanosadagopan

Post by nanosadagopan »

Listened to a concert on fmg - Shobha Sriram (28 oct). Sang really well, like a pro immersed in Carnatic for decades. She began unusually with a long Kharaharapriya alapanai and followed it with Ganapathiye. The alapana was different - bhava laden and like old world type. A fast Bilahari with neraval and swaram in Paridana brought some momentum. A relaxed and in-depth Varali alapanai followed by Seshachala was main. Violin was average, but Mridangam was good.

carnaticwriter

Post by carnaticwriter »

nanosadagopan wrote:Listened to a concert on fmg - Shobha Sriram (28 oct)...
Was it live?

nanosadagopan

Post by nanosadagopan »

Yes

tkb

Post by tkb »

Pleased to inform that i will be performing a live concert to be broadcast from 5 - 6pm today in FM Gold 102.3 mhz enhanced by ms. meera sivaramakrishnan and sri. sherthalai ananthakrishnan. if your are in chennai do listen and look forward to all your wishes.

Anbudan Sathya

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Best Wishes, Sathya. Looks like you are using your dad's ID! :)

tkb

Post by tkb »

yes @rshankar uncle. I hope many of you would have listened and i am thankful to TVG sir for upload of this concert in in his folder. Also it was a blessings that many musicians and rasikas called be to appreciate and bless and the important and blessed call was from Sri. Chithraveena Narasimhan sir! I will not forget the ydy morning and my namaskarams to all and especially to Narasimhan sir.

http://www.sangeethamshare.org/page.php ... eethapriya

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Today madras-A morning concert was by nishA rAjagopAl supported well by UR and shertala AK.The rarely heard vakulAbhaarNam was taken up as sub main.Of the 4 non-vivAdhi rAgams in the 3rd chakram this is the rarest.even U get to hear suryakAntam once in a while but not VB.E rAmuni was the kriti.vEnkatasailavihAra in hameer kalyANi was the filler.main bilahari and kamala of MD was presented neatly.A good concert.

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

Bharat Sundar at 5pm FM Gold today. Darini Telusukonti was main. Started with Karunanidhi ilalo in Todi and Chathurdasa ragamalika were the other item. Initially I thought it was Sanjay. Very nice concert.

vsarmaiitm

Post by vsarmaiitm »

Tomorrow i.e., 21st April, 2016 there will be a live veena concert of Smt. Sujana at 845 AM on All India Radio, Chennai A @ 720 kHz on medium wave.
Pl. listen if you have access to this station and time. I have some insider information ! She will be presenting Sriranga Pancharatna kritis of Saint Tyagaraja. More on the kritis in this thread http://www.rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1244

vsarmaiitm

Post by vsarmaiitm »

Sriranga Pancha Ratna Kritis of Saint Tyagaraja
Veena by Smt. Sujana
Mrudangam : Sri. Nellai A. Balaji

Concert @ All India Radio, Chennai A
Date: 21-4-2016, Time: 845 AM

cUtAmurArE sudatulAra- Arabhi – rUupakam
rAju veDale jUtAmu rArE - tODi- rUpakam
vinarAda nA manavi – dEvagAndhAri – Adi
O rangashAyi pilacitE - kAmbOji- – Adi
karuNa jUDumayya mAyayya - sAranga - Adi

Thanks to Sri. TVG sir who has uploaded today's concert of Smt. Sujana to Sangeethapriya.

I have put it on my yourtube channel.
You can listen @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8ml4WHMCvE

Sivaramakrishnan

The Sunday National programme of music on 15 May 2016 featured Sanjay Subramanian in an 'all Tyagaraja kriti' concert. It was ok. The main was Korisevimpararey in kharaharaPriya. But he took up niraval at the Pallavi Sahitya and it didn't quite impress me. I think it is not a 'good place' for dineation.
The accompanists were Nagai Sriram & Tanjore Ramadas.(not varadu & venkatesh!)

Meera

Post by Meera »

Today maras A broadcast a vintage concert of TSK accompanied by Kovai Dhakshinamoorthy and Ramnad CSM.It was pleasure listening to the veterans.The 1 hr.concert had swaminatha natai,manasayetulo s, a very nice mukhari ragam followed by charanamIyappa and aaragimbave todi with an excellent alapanai.The last item was also an Iyappan song in Nadanamakriya.The accompanists no need to say lifted the concert to a greater height.
Yesterday Dr.Jayanthi gave an excellent vina concert.teliyaleru was full of emotions and the main kapi meevalla was par excellence.JV accompanied letting the main artist excel.

akishore87

Post by akishore87 »

Just happened to listen to one Ms.Krithika Natarajan in FM GOLD @ 5 PM on 23rd May....she's a promising talent to look out for...have recorded it.. M A Krishnaswamy was on the violin and K V Prasad was on the Mridangam....those who are interested can download and listen from this link...yet to upload the last song...will update it soon...:)

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/56x96w ... _Natarajan

The song list :
1) Ramachandram - Vasantha - M.Dikshithar
2) Sundari Ninnu Varnimpa - Arabhi - Thyagaraja
3) Adukarathani - Manoranjini - Thyagaraja
4) Bhajanaseya - Dharmavathi - Mysore Vasudevachar
5) Thillana - Khamas - Lalgudi Jayaraman

Hope you enjoy it...

rss0070

Post by rss0070 »

AIR concert of K Bharat Sundar- 4th June FM Gold

FM Gold - 04-June-2016 5-00 pm

Smt.Usha Rajagopalan-Violin
Sri Sumesh S.Narayanan-Mrudangam

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/my1xxe ... 4_jun_2016

CRama

Post by CRama »

Yesterday, 6/6/16 night in the NP, there was an excellent concert of Rudrapatnam Bros singing exclusively Deekshitar kritis. Started with Namaste Paradevate with swaras, then Rudrakopa with alapana and swaras, Sree Rama Saraswathy with alapana and swaras, Agastheeswaram (Lalitha) as Main. Concluded with Venkatachalapathe in Karnataka kapi. TVG has uploaded this.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Rudrapatnam Bros.concert was excellent.esp.the rudrapriya.HKV ,Sudheendra & giridhar udupa lifted the concert and made it memorable.

Sivaramakrishnan

Yes, it was an outstanding recital.
Rudrapriya aalaapana was excellent.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Savita Narasimhan sang a classically rich MMG - Merusamaana with lilting svarams as main that deserves special mention in her AIR concert today in MadrasA.
Ably supported by MAK & Sherthala AK she sang chandrambhaja,theruvilvarano preceded by a short but sweet khamas aalapanai.the last item was a thirupuhazh in suddha saveri.an excellent concert.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Yes. Savita Narasimhan was very good. Ganeshkant, Happy to note that you are back to Chennai.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

The vocal concert of SRJ on 06th wed.9.30 p.m in Madras A was outstanding.The octogenerian sang with perfect sruti alignment and his voice was sweet.He displayed excellent manodharmam in the R,N & S sections of the main Lathangi.the n& s was in kripachesina.Other main thing is the slokam composed by Walajapet Venkataramana Bhagavathar on his guru saint T in Surati.He also sang sreekantaniyeda in bhavapriya,the less heard bhajare bhaja in kannada and thillana of patnam in khamas.Kumba.Gopi and Tvr.Vaidy added value to the concert .

Sivaramakrishnan

AIR will be broadcasting a recordrd concert of Trichy Ganesan today ( 28 Aug ) in the National prog at 9.30 p.m

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

A couple of days back listened to a vintage recording of TKR with Chalakudi NS & PR.His singing to me sounded a beautiful blend of 2 greats MMI & GNB.The concert had an RTP in mohanam.

Sivaramakrishnan

Today's concert in Chennai 'Isai pettagam' (8.45 a.m.) was a rebroadcast of Jon Higgins (with V Tyagarajan, Trichy Sankaran & V Nagarajan). What a 'solid' recital!
Listen to his rendition of Neelaayathaakshi (paras). How well he has internalised this rather tough item, is really admirable.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Yesterday 9.30 p.m concert was by Dr.Jayanthi Kumaresh
She presented a classically rich pure pristine Sahana- rama ika nannu.The main Charukesi had the i nfluence -of Gk - adamodi.played good taanam but.kalyani varnam ambavaani - keeravani , bhajareedhunatham - peelu and LGJ dwijavanti thillana were the other items.R.Ramesh played very well.his jawabs for the savals in the svara section of charukesi were enjoyable.G.ravichandran jelled well on ghatam.An excellent concert.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Ganeshkant, Welcome back. You have rejuvenated AIR CONCERTS Thread.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

23.09 9.30 p.m concert was by Revati Krishna veenai.I had thought of her as someone who plays only semi classical and film music.she prooved me wrong .garudadhwani varnam ,sri ganesa tilang,himadrisute kalyani and main dhanyasi ni chittamu.her meetu was pitch perfect and carried weight also.nice exposition of kalyani & dhanyasi.Tvm RV & HSRK supported well.

Today 8.45 a.m Sriranjani SG supported very well by UR & Chertala AK gave a good performance.garudagamana nagaswarali with nice round of svarams,padhmavati ramanam poorvi kalyani with a satisfactory alapanai and main kanada with good imagination - sukhi evvaro were presented well.I still remember her kanada RTP in pallavi darbar couple of years back.I only wish she furthers her talent with more practice and involvement.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Today 5 p.m in FM Gold Mohan Santhanam gave a v.g.vocal recital.Mohan has a voice that can create a gamakam or brigha only with some effort.he worked hard transcended this handicap and sang a brilliant well stuffed Rishabapriya.his n s at sapthaswara (gananaya desikane)were noteworthy.he also sang neevaada saranga s , manavyala r,s .the svarams here had a lot of maths.the last item was ininamakkoru bilahari.MAK & Srirajaganesh suppoeted very well.well done MS.