AIR CONCERTS

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
ganeshkant

Re: AIR CONCERTS

Post by ganeshkant »

Kashyap Mahesh has been learning from TVG for many years.I think he is based in Trichy and sings very well.
This dec.he sings in MA.

T.V.GOPALAKRISHNAN

Post by T.V.GOPALAKRISHNAN »

As requested by Dr.Kashyapmahesh, I have uploaded the concert o Google Drive and could be downloaded from below link:

https://goo.gl/HwpPbx

Regards,

TVG.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Sriranjani santhanagopalan singing right now .not heard her in the recent past.good singing.after inthekantekavalana in kannada her detailed alapanai of neethimathi that reminded Sowmya at places was v.g.mohanamuthukumara followed.after brisk saravanabhava in pasupathipriya came the main gajavadana in Todi.a decent alapanai preceded the kriti.
N & S was grand.supported well by kumbakonam Gopinath & Papanasam Kumar.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Desoor or is it Thesoor(?)Selvarathanam's nagaswaram recital today morning was very engaging.his submain ennalu thirugunu in mandhari of HMB and main dhinamanivamsa in harikambodhi were classically rich.his blowing was clean.earlier he played vaanchatonu of HMB and a kriti in sudhdha saveri.
Of all the kritis in HK dinamani is no.1 in my list mainly due to Maharajapuram Santhanam.I always wait to hear his tharamadhyama swarakshara sangati in manavini that makes me fly.Selvarathnam played it today.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

G.Srikkant's 75 mts.concert yesterday night gave a good listening for its variety and presentation.
GS has a clear and sweet voice and a much sought after vocalist in bharatanatyam circle.this season he has a slot in MA.
The concert had 3 alapanais of reasonable duration sufficiently stuffed.
Sankarineeve (pantuvarali MV) , paramakrupasagari (yadhukulakambodhi GNB) & main srikamakoti (saveri mysore sadasivarao) that had n&s @ kadambavana...
He opened with bagayanayya singing lilting svarams.
MAK & PK supported well.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

G.madhavan's concert sounded interesting because of inclusion of songs rarely heard like apaharanindhaipattuzhaladhe a thirupuhazh in chakravaham set to chathusrajamapa with n&s @ jepamalai.he sounded like Dr.SR of yore.a detailed neethimathi with brisk n&s @neethimathi for mohanamuthukumara.indha vibheeshana khamas and gnanasabayil saranga of PS as main.the alapanai was fresh and had some good phrases of good imagination .chuttivizhichudarthan kannamma sung as concluding item in kalyana vasantam kathanakudhookalam jonpuri kedaragowlai and paras.
UR & Bhoovarahan supported very well.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Ganeshkant,
It's good to read your radio concert impressions. Adds another dimension to our listening experience. We get to know of artistes we haven't heard of before.STD concert reviews also a welcome feature.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Thanks arasi.
Today happy to have listened to a vintage recording of Sandhyavandanam Srinivasa rao supported by R.K.VS,palghat kunjumani & sundaram in the "Isaipettakam" slot.on sundays madras A broadcast has this rare occasion of airing concerts of past masters.
Started with hansadwani varnam jalajakshi.sounded very good.am a lover of varnams.can listen them all time
Gajavadhana sriranjani followed.
Arabhi alapanai in a measured proportion Adiyapadhathai of GKB followed.main was reethigowlai with an elegant Alapanai.couldn't understand his diction.it was an unheard kriti of T in adi.managatchi or something like that with svarams in the pallavi.a sweet thani followed.made my day.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Welcome Ganeshkant after a brief hiatus. Yes. The vintage concert of SSRao was very soulful. The main kriti was Badalika theera in Ritigowla.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Thanks CRama.
Today's concert of GG showcased her capabilities as a top class performer.the 1 hr.concert was rich in eloquence and manodharmam.
Shambomahadeva bowli
Bhuvinidasudane with a good gamaka cum briga laden alapanai with brisk swarams followed by ennaramum in todi were presented keeping the pace.GG sounded like SR at many places.her voice texture has changed.
The main rama rama gunaseema Simhendramadhyamam ST brought out the beauty of that ragam without leaving any stone unturned.
Smaravaramvaram in tilang was the last one.
Supported well by TKB & RR.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Today morning concert of Thrissur VR was v.g.though sounds like an old recording.
Sarojanabha chakravaham of ST with fast svarams,
Sundaratharadeham pantuvarali ethutulanila sankarabharanam both were characteristic of GNB school.supported well by VVR & MAE.
On 06.11 Sowmya gave a good concert themed about Krishna supported well by MAK SAK & Chandrasekhara Sharma.
Panchamathanga malahari elani kambodhi with a grand alapanai then there were songs like alaipayudhe ennathavam seidhanai etc.
Yesterday night OST with VVSRao Rrao had all T's composition.was not yesterday MD's remembrance day ?
Sriraghuvaraapraneya kambodhi was main.

kunthalavarali

Post by kunthalavarali »

AIR featured MBK with Annavarupu Ramaswami and Sumathi Ramamohana Rao. Beautifully rendered krithis in Saraswathi (MD), Balahamsa (T), Saveri (PSI), Anandhabhairavi (SS) and Amruthavarshini (MD)

What a lovely concert!. Thanks AIR, Chennai for the broadcast

Today is Dr Balamuralikrishna's remembrance day

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Thanks kunthalavarali.I was about to write and found you.
Srisaraswathinamostuthe,dandamupettenura(what a lovely presentation ! We really miss him)
Endhanerchina with lovely alap & swarams,
Marivere & AnandamrutAkarshini.
Tani was lovely.AR gave great support.
Is the mridangist female ?

CRama

Post by CRama »

Yes. Sumathi Mohan Rao

kunthalavarali

Post by kunthalavarali »

The Anandhabhairavi krithi was O jagadambA

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

kunthalavarali wrote: 23 Nov 2018, 08:05 The Anandhabhairavi krithi was O jagadambA
Yes,I stand corrected.thanks.

CRama

RADIO CONCERTS

Post by CRama »

I could not locate the earlier review of radio concerts. For quite some months, this thread is inoperative. Hence I started this new thread.
Yesterday, 14 May, at 8.45 AM, there was the concert of Dr. Kashyap Mahesh accompanied by N C Madhav and Valangaiman Thyagarajan. It was a very good concert with Shankari shankuru, Kathaya kathya madhavam etc. Brilliant erudition with roaring manodharmam and voice throw. It has been uploaded in Sangeethapriya. Surprising that Dr. Kashyap Mahesh is not seen n Chennai concert cirucuit.

Today at 8. 45 AM, Sreeram Parathasarathy presented an excellent concert. Started with Subramanyena rakshitoham with large dose of swaras, followed by Mamava Raghurama and Chinna nade na, the main song was Arumarundoru in Kambodi. Good manodharmam in alapana and kalpana swarams. Watch in Sangeethapriya. KUmbakonam M R Gopinath and Shertallai Ananthakrishnan accompanied well.

rajeshnat

Re: RADIO CONCERTS

Post by rajeshnat »

Mods
Merge it to AIR Concerts that Crama could not locate
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=23764&p=343922#p343922

Ranganayaki

Re: RADIO CONCERTS

Post by Ranganayaki »

Listening to raagam channel now, and there’s is a horrible clarinet concert (AKC Natarajan) in course. Their “charukesi” sounds like natabhairavi and it’s particularly nasty. How do these people get on the air? I heard a hindustani flute yesterday, and it was fabulous. I wish I knew the name of the artist. This is now being followed by an alapana in kaikavasi for “vachamagochara” - it began a bit better, but is terrible again at Anupallavi.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Today morning concert of A.S.Murali was much to my liking especially the kambodhi. The Alapanai & kriti mAjAnaki with lilting svarams was superb.
He also sang nekkuruhi Abhogi,ennagAnu pantuvarali & thirupuhazh in sindhu bhairavi.
MAK too gave an impressive reply of kambodhi .SAK supported very well on mridangam.

Sivaramakrishnan

Post by Sivaramakrishnan »

Yes, A.S. Murali's concert on 3 June was fine. He seems to be one of the few vidwans who. could retain the element of grandeur in recitals.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Today Morning (6 June) Palghat K.L.Sreeram presented a thematic concert on Ganapathy- all songs on Ganapathy.
Sree mahaganapathey- Abhogi
Vallabhanayagasya- Begada
Girirajasudha- Bangala
Ganapathiye Karunanidhiye- Kharaharapriya
Vaaranavadanam- Panthuvarali- Composition ofPuducode Krishnamurthy on Ganapathy.

It was a good concert with adequate support from the accompanists.
It was a good concert.

vsarmaiitm

Post by vsarmaiitm »

Thanks to Sri TVG sir I could listen to the recent radio concert of my wife Smt. Sujana which was broadcast on FM gold
last week. I missed the broadcast due to some meetings and was hoping for TVG sir's upload. When it was not uploaded in the next few days I was thinking may be he could not manage it...

She was accompanied by Sri. Manakkal Sriram on mridagngam

jAnaki_ramaNa - shuddhasImantini
shrI_kAntimatim_shankara_yuvatim - hEmavati
taruNam_IdammA_ennai - gauLipantu
mariyada_gAdurA - shankarAbharaNam
eduta_nunnadu_vIDE - bhujangini - annamAcArya

link at
http://www.sangeethamshare.org/tvg/UPLO ... ana-Veena/

arasi

Post by arasi »

vsarmaiitm,
I am not able to get it. Could you kindly post some yourself?

CRama

Post by CRama »

Today, 18 June, TKV Ramanujacharyulu presented a wholesome Violin concert accompanied by B. Harikumar- both from Trichy AIR. There were only three songs- Manavyalakinchara, Gnanamosagarada in Poorvikalyani and Moshamugalada- giving expansive treatment to all the three compositions.

vsarmaiitm

Post by vsarmaiitm »

arasi wrote: 14 Jun 2019, 08:10 vsarmaiitm,
I am not able to get it. Could you kindly post some yourself?
Sorry Arasi ji for the delayed reply
Here are the links to the recordings
1. https://www.dropbox.com/s/fwsqooyszjyob ... i.mp3?dl=0
2. https://www.dropbox.com/s/xq5fioax4cm77 ... i.mp3?dl=0
3. https://www.dropbox.com/s/qmfminhplic11 ... u.mp3?dl=0
4. https://www.dropbox.com/s/a6mw8e2mmdl7w ... m.mp3?dl=0
5. https://www.dropbox.com/s/9fexlxman7hov ... a.mp3?dl=0

It may prompt to register / log in, but you can click "No thanks and continue to view" and should be able to access the recordings.
regards
Sarma

CRama

Post by CRama »

Today morning V. Sankaranarayanan presented a good concert starting with a Dandapani Desigar song in Arabhi, followed by Nanda gopala in Yamuna Kalyani, Thanikai valar Saravana bhava and the main song was Marimari ninne in Kambodi. For Thanigai valar, the neraval in the lines Tulli vilayadum mayil and the following swaras were highly imaginative. The Kambodi ragam was well presented. The song did not have any neraval or swara.

Sivaramakrishnan

Post by Sivaramakrishnan »

23 July 2019: Chennai (A) -Arangisai 8.45-9.45 am.
Nagaswaram
Chinnamannur Vijayakarthikeyan & party

A very good concert.
What attracted me most was the Tirupugazh (Erumayileri vilaiyadum mugam) which he played at the end as a ragamalika at each line. The veerarasa was represented by Ataana for Marupadaisoorarai vadhaitthamugam and the Mangala bhava of Natakurinji most appropriately for Valliyai manam..and concluded the pugazh with a sober Madhyamavati!
I am not aware if anyone else has sung this Tirupugazh as a ragamalika.

CRama

Post by CRama »

TNS used to sing this Tirupugazh as a ragamalika. And I have heard a few other vidwans also sing this in ragamalika. TNS also used to sing Maaru padu soorarai in Athana. He used to conclude in Suruti. Other ragams I dont remember.

I too heard the Nagaswaram concert . Very good. In the first half he played Sree Ganapathinee, a composition of Ramaswamy Sivan in Kunthalavarali, Maravairi ramani and main song Kaumari Gauri velavali in Gowrimanohgari (Deekshitar).

CRama

Post by CRama »

Link to Erumayileri by TNS given below.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/2kpk0x6v ... a.mp3/file

arasi

Post by arasi »

vsarmaiitm,
Thank you. I could hear the recording this time. Very nice. A good selection of songs. Haven't heard bhujangini before. Regards to your wife Sujana.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Today morning (31 July) in Madras A, there was an old concert of Prema Hariharan accompanied by MSA and Ramanathopuram Kandaswamy. She is a disciple of Tanjavur S Kalyanaraman and I have heard her many very good concerts in 80s-90s. It was excerpts from an old concert. Her voice was in very good form and manodharmam elements super. The songs were Paramapanarama, Ramaneeyada and Tirupugazh.

kunthalavarali

Post by kunthalavarali »

For those interested:
AIR Chennai has started broadcasting "Chennai isai Vizha" concerts from 0845 to 0945 and 0500 to 0600 pm. Today's concert was KBMK (excerpts from BGS concert). Also available on All India Radio (Tamil) web site.

kunthalavarali

Post by kunthalavarali »

Morning AIR broadcast of TNS Krishna's concert was a jumbled up one! Alapana in Darbar followed by a surati Tiruppavai and the Tiruppavai was repeated after the darbar krithi!

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

Wonderful Hindolam currently on FM Gold with swaras at Sharadha Rama Nayane.

Latha Ramchand is the artiste as just announced.

akishore87

Post by akishore87 »

Badly missing the 7 AM concerts on FM GOLD - It used to offer the morning 8 45 AM concerts in FM quality... though now Chennai 'A' has improved its relay quality and RAAGAM is decent too to a little extent..

Rajan Padiachi

AIR CONCERTS

Post by Rajan Padiachi »

I lived in Madras from 1981 to 1985 and recorded on the A grade vidwans of the time and very old passed on vidwans as AIR use to broadcast concerts of greats who passed away, i also recorded many vadya vindra pieces, alao recorded, Laya Vinyasam, Isai Marabhu, Isai Thatu, i recorded vocal teaching compositions on AIR. AIR use to play the music of great bharat Natyam masters pre recorded , The week highight was Saturday night National Program of Music AIR, with very great North and South Masters.The next highlight was the South Zone Hook Up Program called Then Mandala Karnata isai.
many concerts i have in my collections is not possible avaialable in India as it was LIve on AIR and not recoreded, my vocal Guru Chengelput Ranganathan was the recording engineer at AIR.
in al i recorded about 450 concerts from AIR

akishore87

Post by akishore87 »

Does anyone have a old recording of U P Raju? it was aired in the 3 PM slot in FM GOLD in 2006. It featured V V Srinivasa Rao on the Violin and K V Prasad on the mridangam. The song list was:

1. Shanmukapriya Alaap followed by Siddhi Vinayakam - Muthuswamy Dikshithar
2. Jaya Jaya Padmanabha - Manirangu - Swathi Thirunal
3. Vasudevayani - Kalyani - Thyagaraja

If anyone has the above recording please do share. Its a very memorable one for me as I had it on tape but the full recording is not available. His Manirangu Alaap was very melodious and sadly, AIR did not broadcast that recording after that time. Also K V Prasad is my favorite so I long for this recording till date.

T.V.GOPALAKRISHNAN

Re: AIR CONCERTS - Today morning Ragam channel

Post by T.V.GOPALAKRISHNAN »

I have recorded and uploaded a rare concert of Sri H.Ramachandra Shastry-Flute:
https://www.sangeethamshare.org/tvg/UPL ... agam_24x7/
Regards,
TVG-Sangeethapriya.

RSR

Post by RSR »

p-412
@Rajan Padiachi
Such a treasure! May I request you to create your own channel in youtube and upload the concerts , after getting permission from AIR? please do try.